TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAW this today GT550 ???

richard m.switzer

I'd like to see little different color scheme but I think it looks decent. The squinted headlamps look better the longer I look at the photo.

Interesting that there are integrated turn signals on the side view mirrors, unless they are just reflectors. If turn signals, then pretty cool.

Looks like a Scion FR-S with stickers on it.

Jer

Y'all realize this is a RENDERING, right?

Phill

Yeah, we know. We are just playing it up until we see the real deal. Just killing time before Ford actually kills the Mustang!

Just killing time before Ford actually kills the Mustang!

I'll have to disagree with that statement. Ford is redesigning to keep the Mustang alive. Everything must change and evolve to stay around. If you don't like the 2015, don't buy it.

I like this rendering. Hope the final product looks something like that, especially with the Aston influence.

I'll have to disagree with that statement. Ford is redesigning to keep the Mustang alive. Everything must change and evolve to stay around. If you don't like the 2015, don't buy it.

I like this rendering. Hope the final product looks something like that, especially with the Aston influence.

I don't....

I disagree with you on that note. The current platform does not need a change. What needs to change is the major problem with this country and why sales have dropped for the Mustang, the ECONOMY! Give True Americans back our jobs and stop having the working class pay for everything else! When that changes, then we will buy more Mustangs! As for the future Mustang design, if I want to buy an Austin Martin, I would. If I wanted to buy a Ford Fusion, I would. I would rather buy a MUSTANG though. Screw the Euro design!

I disagree with you on that note. The current platform does not need a change. What needs to change is the major problem with this country and why sales have dropped for the Mustang, the ECONOMY! Give True Americans back our jobs and stop having the working class pay for everything else! When that changes, then we will buy more Mustangs! As for the future Mustang design, if I want to buy an Austin Martin, I would. If I wanted to buy a Ford Fusion, I would. I would rather buy a MUSTANG though. Screw the Euro design!

Mustang sales went from 170k in 2006 to around 80k last year. The bulk of the orders are the base models. That's the main seller for mustang, not ours.

Your opinion isn't a bad one, or wrong, its just irrelevant to a global sales strategy. We are the backbone to the heritage of the mustang, but we aren't the target audience. We are just the marketing tool.

If it saves the mustang from death, Im willing to settle for another generation of lackluster performance and style. That said, I really don't think that's gonna happen though. Our Dearborn event gave me the opportunity to talk to several high level execs with Ford. The poker faces were all on, but you could just kind of tell something special is coming. It was almost an atmosphere of, " the 2013 GT500 is a great mustang, but just wait till you see this," kind of attitude.

Positive attitude is always good. I am sure Ford has done their homework. I think this will go as the Corvette Stingray. Some really like it, some hate it. Very few people are in between. As a Ford shareholder, I hope they have a Camaro beating concept we can all be proud of. I will not be selling my KR anytime soon.

Clearly you are passionate about the current model (and the 60's cars as well.... I'm still looking for my tribute car). That's a good thing and I agree this model will be a classic, but it can't stick around forever my friend. I'm kind of surprised you went off topic and blame the economy for the redesign. Here is the simple truth: We're getting older and Ford is marketing the car to younger generations as future Mustang enthusiasts. The redesign has very little to do with the our current economy. This generation car is just getting old and its time for a redesign to increase the interest of new car buyers. The Fox Body cars went from 79 to 93 before getting a facelift and it nearly eliminated the Mustang all together. Ford has learned from its mistakes. Think of it this way: If you own a Mustang that looks similar to the brand new Mustang, how willing are you to run out and buy what you pretty much already own? Most people just can't justify that. I'm thrilled to be a part of the nostalgic design of the 2005-2014 cars and look forward to the next design as well.

Mustang sales went from 170k in 2006 to around 80k last year. The bulk of the orders are the base models. That's the main seller for mustang, not ours.

Your opinion isn't a bad one, or wrong, its just irrelevant to a global sales strategy. We are the backbone to the heritage of the mustang, but we aren't the target audience. We are just the marketing tool.

If it saves the mustang from death, Im willing to settle for another generation of lackluster performance and style. That said, I really don't think that's gonna happen though. Our Dearborn event gave me the opportunity to talk to several high level execs with Ford. The poker faces were all on, but you could just kind of tell something special is coming. It was almost an atmosphere of, " the 2013 GT500 is a great mustang, but just wait till you see this," kind of attitude.

Agree. I can't see them going backwards in performance either.

I am also a fan of the current body style. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing what is next. I am sure Ford has done their homework and learned from the Mustang II and the way to long of a run with the Fox body. Ford does have to upgrade designs in order to be competive and appeal to the younger folks. I am also interested in seeing what Shelby will doing with the new models. It sounds like there will not be any more Shelby 350's after this year but what about the GTS? Sounds like fun times ahead and a lot of interesting reading on this site.

I suspect we all will be learning a lot more about turbos. It does look like Ford will license the GT350 moniker but what about the idea that Shelby takes back the GT500.

Throw a twin turbo setup on a GT and you could easily push 800 RWHP out of the 5.0. Probably take a little more engine work that Shelby has been doing (but for the GT500 1000), but ....

I don't necessarily agree with the folks that say Ford is going in a bad direction, it is just a different direction. 20 years from now I think 2007 - 2014 will be another golden time for the Mustang. Rules and federal requirements change.

I am sure the handling of the new Mustang will be far superior to the handling of the current stock Mustang. Fun times.

So for the 2010s they made the back end look like a hot cat presenting for breeding, and I didn't like it. For the 2013s they made the front as much like a GT500 of the 2007 variety as they could, and I didn't particularly like that, either. My view, they should have maintained the 2005-2009 lines, which I still see as cleaner and finer, but they didn't listen to me, letting Chevrolet scare them with some wheel bulges on the Camaro. Idiots.

If the illustration in richard m. switzer's offering comes anywhere close to fruition, I'll have to say, "You can slap all the distracting stripes you want on it, it still has a Dairy Queen smile that tells me it's likely to be tasty but not nutritious, and better be really, really good in all other areas. After all, I did buy a 2013 with its ugly butt and pretentious front end, just because the rest of it works so well."

(If the 2015 is about 8/10ths the size of an S197, I'll say, "I told you to do that in 2005. Finally woke up, did you? Idiots.") (If it's 9/10ths the size, I'll say, "Close but no cigar; keep working on it. Idiots.")

Archived