TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Negotiating to Buy a Boss - What Documentation Should I Get?

IASHELBYGT

I'm am close to getting a 2013 grabber blue Boss with recaros, torsen and car cover. It is used, but with very low miles. The current owner says he has all documentation and Boss 302 owners kit. Can somebody give me a list of what was included for new owners. I don't want to miss anything at the time of the sale? I'm so excited!!! Thanks

First, good luck with purchase, it's a great car.

I bought mine new and took pictures of the locations of every sticker and plastic the car came with, maybe owner has these pix? The paperwork is the same as any Mustang bought new. I would ask if the person selling car if the original window sticker is included and if the new car stickers and plastic protection were saved. When I bought mine, I also asked for the "Certificate of Origin" and a copy of the Dealer Invoice. The window sticker is much bigger than any other new car window sticker that I have seen in the past.

Make sure the owners manual has the Boss Supplement Booklet. I would also see if you can have someone pull the service history that documents any customer concerns.

Best of Luck

The after purchase 'Owners Kit' is certainly a big plus to have. I've seen some for sale on Ebay. It's a boxed set with the Donald Farr hardback book, Track Attack literature, and numbered key ring (as I recall). These were sent to the original owners after the purchase, with teh first ones not showing up until abotu Dec. '12.

First, good luck with purchase, it's a great car.

I bought mine new and took pictures of the locations of every sticker and plastic the car came with, maybe owner has these pix? The paperwork is the same as any Mustang bought new. I would ask if the person selling car if the original window sticker is included and if the new car stickers and plastic protection were saved. When I bought mine, I also asked for the "Certificate of Origin" and a copy of the Dealer Invoice. The window sticker is much bigger than any other new car window sticker that I have seen in the past.

Make sure the owners manual has the Boss Supplement Booklet. I would also see if you can have someone pull the service history that documents any customer concerns.

Best of Luck

Thanks,

The guy has sent me pictures of the Boss Owners Kit and has had the window sticker professionally laminated. I had a dealer friend do an Oasis report and that all looks good. Floor matts still in plastic, car cover never been out of the bag. I'll try to get the other original dealer paperwork if the seller will part with it. It looks like we have agreed on a price and I'll fly to his place in a couple of weeks, do the deal, transfer the title and drive it home. I've got some road wrap to protect the front end for the drive home. Getting excited :woot::woot:

low miles can mean 1/4 mile at a time so it doesn't necessarily mean driven by a little old lady

It could, but I just don't think so in this case. Car has 295 miles on the odometer at last correspondence. I guess I'll find out upon inspection. No money will change hands until I'm satisfied.

Any oil change or break in issues driving her back 1,000 miles. I'm sure car still has break in oil in it.

Congratulations Dave!

Thanks Michael - As a bonus I'll be keeping the Shelby. Wife said go for it, you can't take it with you or something like that. I'll post pictures after I close the deal in a couple of weeks.

Dave i am glad its working out for you....is Chad selling his car?? :hysterical2:

Don't think so,LOL. This one is located a long way away. My plan is to fly down and drive it back, stopping in St Louis to have some X-Pel clear auto bra installed and then back home to Iowa.

Thanks Michael - As a bonus I'll be keeping the Shelby. Wife said go for it, you can't take it with you or something like that. I'll post pictures after I close the deal in a couple of weeks.

Well this is getting better and better.........................Gotta love your wife :wub:

Well this is getting better and better.........................Gotta love your wife :wub:

Yes, she's a keeper! Especially for putting up with me for 30+ years :spend: The good thing is she isn't one of those wives that says, "okay you bought your toy, now what do I get?" She's very unselfish and giving, unlike me, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Closed the deal on the GB Boss today. 302 actual miles. Flew one-way to south carolina and am now driving back to Iowa. We will stop by St. Louis on way back and x-pel have clear bra installed. Will post pics when I get back. It's been a fun drive back so far.

Closed the deal on the GB Boss today. 302 actual miles. Flew one-way to south carolina and am now driving back to Iowa. We will stop by St. Louis on way back and x-pel have clear bra installed. Will post pics when I get back. It's been a fun drive back so far.

Congratulations.............. :victory: . Safe travels home a enjoy the amazing new ride. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

GB is a nice color! :-)

What number?

BTW: GB is the rarest color! Just under 500 were produced.

GB is a nice color! :-)

What number?

BTW: GB is the rarest color! Just under 500 were produced.

Hi Jeff,

I really admired yours when I saw it about 1 1/2 years ago in Eureka Springs. My Boss number is 3103, build date 12/07/2012, so one of the last 500 cars built I believe. It is an awesome machine. I can't believe the differences in the level of sophistication and technology between the SGT and the Boss. I was able to swing it and still keep the SGT, but am going to sell my Legend Lime 06 Coupe.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

I really admired yours when I saw it about 1 1/2 years ago in Eureka Springs. My Boss number is 3103, build date 12/07/2012, so one of the last 500 cars built I believe. It is an awesome machine. I can't believe the differences in the level of sophistication and technology between the SGT and the Boss. I was able to swing it and still keep the SGT, but am going to sell my Legend Lime 06 Coupe.

Dave

Awesome! Bring it next year and we can park'um side by side!

Archived