TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Cap Set For the 2010+ Super Snakes

After talking with Tim H, it looks like the Super Snake engine cap set was only available for the 07-09 SS's, and that has been discontinued. I love the look of Robert M's, and would buy a set in a heartbeat if they fit my make.

The only difference between the '07-'09 and the '10 cap set is the windshield washer bottle cap. I used a early set and (easily) modified the WS washer cap to fit my 2010 OEM cap.

Just trim off the 'thumb tab' on the cap and cut a small groove in the side of the Shelby cap, use a little RTV silicone to bond them together and now you have a flip-top Shelby WS washer reservoir cap.

I have pics somewhere here on TS if you want to search for them.

When a friend of mine got his '12 GT500 Snaked one of the items he demanded was that Shelby include the '09+E WS cap so he could modify it to fit like I did. His may be a "one off" 2010+ Super Snake with the inclusion of that cap.

Phill

The only difference between the '07-'09 and the '10 cap set is the windshield washer bottle cap. I used a early set and (easily) modified the WS washer cap to fit my 2010 OEM cap.

Just trim off the 'thumb tab' on the cap and cut a small groove in the side of the Shelby cap, use a little RTV silicone to bond them together and now you have a flip-top Shelby WS washer reservoir cap.

I have pics somewhere here on TS if you want to search for them.

When a friend of mine got his '12 GT500 Snaked one of the items he demanded was that Shelby include the '09+E WS cap so he could modify it to fit like I did. His may be a "one off" 2010+ Super Snake with the inclusion of that cap.

Phill

Thats cool, but the fact remains they discontinued the 07-09 sets as well. Tim did offer to look through inventory and see if he could "put a set together", but I told him not to bother. Perhaps someday they will find another company to produce something similar.

Ill go take a peak at what you did Phill

Archived