TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track day

frazierfreud

Great video. Did you use a GoPro for the video?

Have you looked at Harry's Lap Timer or TrackAddict to do gauge overlays in your video? It would be cool to see how fast you very going, RPM's etc with overlay gauges while you are eating the Vette and Porsche.

Great video. Did you use a GoPro for the video?

Have you looked at Harry's Lap Timer or TrackAddict to do gauge overlays in your video? It would be cool to see how fast you very going, RPM's etc with overlay gauges while you are eating the Vette and Porsche.

thanks. I used a go pro. I've never heard of harry's lap timer or track addict. i'll have to look into it. I've seen those type things on videos and they were very cool.

Cool video. I also looked at several of the others you posted on YouTube. I especially liked the "Spin Out at 150" one. Question though: Did it leave a pucker mushroom in your seat?

Mark

haha. actually, the spin happened so fast it was over before I knew what happened! that was the first session of the day and I was totally psyched to be out there. the temps were cooler. my car was pulling oh so hard. then, wham! I am out of control. I bled off a good amount of speed before I went off the track, so it wasn't so bad. I did mess up my exhaust a bit though. I guess something hit my passenger side exhaust pipe where the mid-pipes connect to the x-pipe. the mid-pipe was dragging the ground. once I pitted, I jacked up the passenger side of the car and saw that the bracket that connected the two was bent up. I took it off and pounded it back into shape. then reconnected it and was good as new! I had the full track experience that day!

thanks. I used a go pro. I've never heard of harry's lap timer or track addict. i'll have to look into it. I've seen those type things on videos and they were very cool.

Both Apps are available for the iPhone and pretty sure Android too. You need a suction mount (Ram $40)...an ODBII adapter for guage readouts (bluetooth from GoPoint for $99) and a 5 or 10MHz GPS (optional, DUAL XPS150 or XPS160 for $99-160). Phones GPS is normally 1MHz.

If you have a WiFi GoPro, you can do PiP with the apps. You could get a front shot with the phone (mounted inside) and a re-facing (low) shot with the GoPro so you can watch Vettes eat your exhaust.

haha. actually, the spin happened so fast it was over before I knew what happened! that was the first session of the day and I was totally psyched to be out there. the temps were cooler. my car was pulling oh so hard. then, wham! I am out of control. I bled off a good amount of speed before I went off the track, so it wasn't so bad. I did mess up my exhaust a bit though. I guess something hit my passenger side exhaust pipe where the mid-pipes connect to the x-pipe. the mid-pipe was dragging the ground. once I pitted, I jacked up the passenger side of the car and saw that the bracket that connected the two was bent up. I took it off and pounded it back into shape. then reconnected it and was good as new! I had the full track experience that day!

Just glad to hear that it was just the exhaust. It looks like you had a blast.

Mark

That must be pretty fun getting on to and off of the banking. Interesting road course as well.

I thought that too. From the video, getting on to the banking looked a little smoother than getting off of it for the first turn.

Mark

Archived