TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS12(volt)

UK PONY

It's not finished yet but I thought I'd share a few pics of my current project.

It will end up being as close to a mini replica of Violet as is possible.

Test drive the day I bought it;

debb8e4248d34e3a8ae4504417bbd9ad_zps83e1

Starting bodywork;

d5283b30cd3b6735eaaa7eeb57233058_zps4e09

Interior work;

b7050e3e60c1424ed577ee192d4e6882_zps3252

Base coat of Sonic Blue;

1cf4025dd03292f9edddc7c4a54e8551_zpsfcde

I have my decal guy on standby to make & apply the CS decals & stripes & have new hubcaps sitting in the garage.

I may bite the bullet & buy new wheels but definitely will figure out how to duplicate the grille.

Amazingly enough, this is not the first CS12 :-) I made one for my boys back in 2008 or so. They burned the tires off that thing a few times now! I will have to post a video of my then 3 year old driving it. They did make a blue version of the power wheels, mine did not need to be painted. Your painted car looks much better, the blue plastic finish was not the best.

Amazingly enough, this is not the first CS12 :-) I made one for my boys back in 2008 or so. They burned the tires off that thing a few times now! I will have to post a video of my then 3 year old driving it. They did make a blue version of the power wheels, mine did not need to be painted. Your painted car looks much better, the blue plastic finish was not the best.

Sweet! The factory blue on the powerwheels is quite light compared to Sonic Blue. It would have been waaaaaay cheaper to have done it that way but I would always have wanted it painted.

Looks awesome ... great work !!!

Thanks :). I can't claim much credit for making it happen beyond knowing the people with the right skills & having the vision for how it should look when it was done.

Archived