TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What car is this?????

I went to a small cruise-in at a Burger King in Manassas VA and this car showed up. The owner claims it is a 1000Hp. The serial number definitely designates it as a 13 Super Snake. The badge and hood match the Super Snake, but how did this car acquire the S1000 badge also?

IMG_01281.jpg

IMG_01291.jpg

I went to a small cruise-in at a Burger King in Manassas VA and this car showed up. The owner claims it is a 1000Hp. The serial number definitely designates it as a 13 Super Snake. The badge and hood match the Super Snake, but how did this car acquire the S1000 badge also?

The Shelby GT500 Super Snake and the Shelby 1000 are two different packages available to GT500 owners. It would appear that this is a GT500 Super Snake with owner modified decals.

Steve

The Shelby GT500 Super Snake and the Shelby 1000 are two different packages available to GT500 owners. It would appear that this is a GT500 Super Snake with owner modified decals.

Steve

That was my thoughts also, but I wanted to ask the question to clarify that in my mind

Steve

Agreed.

He had the "1000" decals made and applied.

Phill

And to tell somebody it's a 1K...I just don't get why people feel the need to be dishonest. It reminds me of a time at a car show recently where an owner of a cobra replica tried to convince folks it was a real '65 427 Cobra. His was fiberglass and an automatic, and he made sure people knew Bill Cosby's Cobra was also an auto. I just don't get it.

And to tell somebody it's a 1K...I just don't get why people feel the need to be dishonest. It reminds me of a time at a car show recently where an owner of a cobra replica tried to convince folks it was a real '65 427 Cobra. His was fiberglass and an automatic, and he made sure people knew Bill Cosby's Cobra was also an auto. I just don't get it.

His name wasn't "Ron Pratt" was it? Lol.

I've also seen the car and talked with the owner. I mentioned this to Tim Pittsenberger and Gary Patterson when I took delivery on my GTS. They knew who he was and confirmed the speed shop did the 1000 hp mods/tune on his SS. (Not the whole S1000 build.) I got the impression he's a good SAI customer.

I've also seen the car and talked with the owner. I mentioned this to Tim Pittsenberger and Gary Patterson when I took delivery on my GTS. They knew who he was and confirmed the speed shop did the 1000 hp mods/tune on his SS. (Not the whole S1000 build.) I got the impression he's a good SAI customer.

I saw the car again yesterday at the same cruise-in. I asked him a few questions about the car and he did say he that this is his second Super Snake, so I'd say he is a good customer. I didn't ask him about the S1000 stickers or if he had the speed shop build the engine for the 1000 Hp rating. He is an older gentleman and from what I heard him saying to others in the crowd that were asking more direct questions about the engine and his answers, I doubt that he would really use the full potential of this engine whether it was stock or 1000 Hp. So I can understand why the standard Super Snake mods are performed to the chassis and suspension versus the S1000 upgrades. My impression is the owner enjoys taking the car to shows and socializing with the crowd and other participants, instead of HPDEs or racing.

Archived