TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clicking noise - Help troubleshooting

barspen

I just started hearing an annoying clicking noise that sounds like it coming from the front part of the car, somewhere between the front sway bar and H-Pipe.

A few things I noticed:

- I can only hear it at slow speed or idle. Haven't noticed it at all on the HWY

- It seem more pronounced on the driver side

- It's following the vibration of the muffler - Rev it up and the clicking speeds up

- I only hear it when the car is warmed up. When I first start it up in the morning, there is no clicking

- It's difficult to hear when peaking under the hood

- The only work I have done on the car in the past 2 months has been suspension (LCA, Panhard, front endlinks, rear endlinks/bushings). Only did tightening this past weekend when I first noticed the clicking.

- Also wanted to add - I hit some road debris about a week ago, strait on (may be a coincidence). Looked like a chunk of a car that got into a wreck. (BTW, it was either hit it strait, run in over with the tires or crash into the barrier...I chose option 1)

Here is a very short audio clip taken under the driver side door. Clicking2.mpg

I plan to take it to the dealership in the next couple days, but wanted to get some opinions on what it could be. My first guess is a puncture in the exhaust. But I was reading a bad spark plug can also make a similar sound.

Any help is much appreciated.

THX

Barry

Clicking2.mpg

Archived