TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear tire blew!!

drlovegun

12K miles and my rear tire has completely separated from itself! All that's left that's attached to the wheel is the sidewall where you can read Goodyear. The rest of the tire is flopping all over the place. Had to get a flatbead tow it home. Any clue if these tires are defective? Think Goodyear will assist? The car is 6 yrs old, but only has 12K on it.

I highly suspect you ran over something to cause the tire to self-destruct that much but it is on the older side. My tires are original (car built Dec. 06) and ok still but I don't want them to fail at high speed so I'm shopping for new ones.

Might check the others. I know they are having issues with them getting cold (under 45) and warming back up. They are separating. I was reading an article about this happeneing on the new ones. While in transport last winter. IF you could find evidence on the others you might talk Goodyear into a new set

Ok, so I'm getting a new tire. Should I buy 2 since the other one has 12K on it too or will it matter? Not into spending a ton of cash right now, getting ready to go on vacation

Sorry to hear your tire went like that. Hope no damage from the tread. I'd replace both but that's the Nervous Nelly in me.

Sorry to hear your tire went like that. Hope no damage from the tread. I'd replace both but that's the Nervous Nelly in me.

+1 buy 2 you don't want to have to deal with this on vacation!!

Good point Glen...........see you in 6 weeks.

yes you will!!

In five weeks we are off for 4. Looking forward to seeing some of our Shelby Friends, top down for 4 -5K miles, sunshine, and of course far too much GOOD WINE!!!

12K miles and my rear tire has completely separated from itself! All that's left that's attached to the wheel is the sidewall where you can read Goodyear. The rest of the tire is flopping all over the place. Had to get a flatbead tow it home. Any clue if these tires are defective? Think Goodyear will assist? The car is 6 yrs old, but only has 12K on it.

Seriously? GoodYear assisting? I doubt they will accept any claims at 12k miles on a GT500.

First, its a 6 year old tire, time for new ones. Then they will tell you tires were under inflated, stressed side wall or road debris causing blowout.

Time to buy a new pair, but if it was me, at 6 years I'd buy a whole set of Michelin PSS.

Archived