TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby to Support Michigan Humane Society Mega March !

ralphie13

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 14 September 2013

The person who donates the most will receive this chrome Shelby GT500 SuperSnake die cast. See post #8 below for details.

82218-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow Team Shelby members! For the second year there will be a Team Shelby presence at the Michigan Humane Society "Mega March for Animals" !!!

Some of you may know me, I am Ralph Arning and I work for Ford Motor Company at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant (home of the Mustang). If you have visited the plant, there was a very good chance that you have met me as one of your tour guides. My wife Pam and I are very actively involved with the Michigan Humane Society and are looking for your support of this great organization.

Pam and I, along with our dogs, Riley and Cupcake, will once again be participating in the Michigan Humane Society's Mega March for Animals. This is our 8th mega march - we have been part of it since its conception - the last two in memory of our beloved MHS alumni dog, Shelby. MHS' Mega March is the largest walk in Michigan to raise funds to help the animals in need in our communities.

Shelby was the "grand dog" of the legendary Ford suspension designer Klaus Arning, who had a hand in the suspension and chassis of the 427 Cobra, Shelby GT350, Ford GT40 and AJ Foyt's Coyote Indy cars. Klaus was a good friend of Carroll for many, many years.

Last year Team Shelby rasied over $6500 in donations for the Michigan Humane Society and we hope to surpass that with your kind and generous support.

DETAILS

Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013

Time: Festivities and Walk begin at 9 am (Team Shelby meets at 8:30 am, gets team pictures, kicks off at 9 am)

Place: Kensington Metro Park (exact location and more details are included on http://www.michiganhumane.org/)

Length of Walk: 2 Miles - ONLY TWO MILES! :)

Additional Info: The Mega March is from 9 am - 1 PM. You do not have to stay until 1 pm - and you can come any time between 9 am - 1 pm.

Ralph and I will provide lunch (brunch?) at the park after the walk.

To be on Team Shelby: Please register at the link provided below. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT ME.

LINKS :superhero:

Click here to learn more about this event or donate.

Click here to go directely to the donation page.

To those of you that have already supported Team Shelby with a donation, this is just another opportunity to thank you for your generosity towards the animals at the Michigan Humane Society.

Why We Are Mega Marching

Every day, dozens of animals arrive at the doors of the Michigan Humane Society with nothing more than hope for a better future. MHS' Cruelty Investigation and Rescue team often find animals locked up in foreclosed homes, or wandering the streets, scared and hungry. While the economy is still struggling, when people suffer, animals can suffer, as well. The Michigan Humane Society is there to take these animals in and provide them with food, shelter, medical attention and love. Many other animals are rescued by MHS from abuse, neglect or abandonment. These animals have lived hard lives and deserve a second chance to eat, play and grow old with families who can love on them!

On the average, it costs $156 to transform the life of an animal in need. Last year, with your AWESOME support, Team Shelby raised over $6,500 for the animals!

Shelby's Legacy

On March 12, 1999, Pam and I adopted Shelby at the age of 6 months from the Michigan Humane Society. She had had a rough start in her short 6 months and needed lots of extra love, attention and training. I met Shelby while volunteering for MHS and she became of fur-ever dog. When Pam and I adopted Shelby, she went on to 'pay it forward' to help other homeless animals by being involved in fundraising events (and the Mega March since it's conception) for the Michigan Humane Society. Shelby just loved her 'sister' Riley, who continues to go on the Mega Marches, and her 'sister', Cupcake, who we adopted from MHS a month before Shelby died unexpectedly after her 5th Mega March in 2010. She welcomed Cupcake with 'open paws'. Cupcake is another story in herself. She was found chained to a fence after having 5 puppies and suffering from a previous leg fracture that never healed correctly. If it weren't for MHS, where would she be now?

While our dog, Riley, will not be able to 'walk' in the Mega March this year, she will be with us in her own Mega Mobile (wagon) - she wouldn't miss this for the world!

Enthusiasm

We hope our enthusiasm is contagious because we are very passionate about the Michigan Humane Society and all that they continue to do for the animals through adoptions, low-cost sterilization clinics, education , veterinary services - just to name a few. To date, we have 400 In-Home Heroes (fosters), with 200 animals presently being fostered for future adoption. MHS recently paired a veteran with Post Traumatic Stress with a foster dog as his new life mate through our Pets for Patriots program. Match made in Heaven. Pam and I have been volunteers with MHS for 21 years and are still astonished by at all that MHS does for our furry friends.

A huge thank you, in advance, for your support! We would love to have you join us for the walk! If interested, please contact me. Also, if you have any question regarding the MHS program, please feel free to contact me.

Woofs, Wags and Purrs,

Pam and Ralph Arning

Along with Riley and Cupcake (Our MHS alumni kitties thank you as well! They are sorry that they really aren't up to marching with the dogs...... smile!)

Hello LBJ, We really appreciate your support and generousity!! I see that you have an interest in the Bulova Accutron watches (spaceview) from the 1960's. I have one that I am looking to have repaired. Its is pretty special as it was a gift to my father from Dan Gurney and All American Racers. Do you have any good suggestions for getting it repaired?

Is your watch a 214 style?

214s are easily identified as the case does not have a winding/setting stem. You set Bulova 214s from the back of the watch.

If this fits within those parameters, his name is Martin Marcus. I have 25 of his restored watches.

www.accutron214.com

Tell him that guy in Windsor Colorado sent you.

Here is a photo of some of my watches.

Spaceviews1.JPG

Hello LBJ, Thank You so much for the generous donation!!! Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you also for the contact on the Acutron watches, I'll take a look to see if mine has a stem or not. It would be nice to get this very special (to me) watch working again!

Dear Animal-Loving Friends,

TEAM SHELBY NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT

Only 40 days left until the Michigan Humane Society's 8th Annual Mega March for Animals in Kensington Metropark. Team Shelby has raised $2,536, to date, for the animals in the care of MHS.

We are so grateful for your support for our animal friends.

Details of the Event

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Kensington Metropark (Milford)

10 am - 1 pm - Team Shelby meets at 9:00 am

2-Mile Walk - ONLY Two Miles !! emo1.gif (Riley's Mega Mobile is ready!)

You are welcome to bring your dog(s) or come without animals - key words - "You Are Welcome!"

Our Team Shelby link:

http://www.michiganhumane.org/site/TR/Walk/MegaMarch2012?px=1298751&pg=personal&fr_id=1511#.Uhy-PHHD-Uk

• 3 weeks later...

I want to offer something very special from my personal collection to the person who donates the most money to the Team Shelby Mega March for animals - a chrome Shelby GT500 Super Snake die cast! :drop:

Only a handful of these were made and they were not sold to the general public - this is something truly collectbile.

Please note that your donation is income tax deductible and there are only a few days left to do so.

Click below to make your donate to help animals now:

http://www.michiganhumane.org/site/TR/Walk/MegaMarch2012?px=1298751&pg=personal&fr_id=1511#.UjT5BLz9s4B

Edited:

If you have already donated to this 2013 campaign, your donation will be included for this contest. Thank you ;)

And yes, it does come in the original box.

82218-2.jpg

82218-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Donation made. Have a beautiful Shelby Day.

Although I was in the Wisconsin Dells for the Cruise 4 A Cause event, I wanted to THANK everyone on Team Shelby for supporting the Team Shelby Mega March for animals!

Last year, Team Shelby took in $6,623 in donations, however, this year, a new record of $7,500 was made in donations!

Dan Wozniak won the Chrome Die cast with $600.00 in donations!

Once again, THANKS TO EVERYONE who made this event a huge success. :love_shower:

Hello Team Shelby !!!! Pam and I would like to give a big "THANK YOU!" to all of the Team Shelby folks who supported our "Team Shelby" in the 2013 Michgan Humane Society Mega March for Animals. Your support is greatly appreciated, I am humbled by your generosity. As Robert reported we raised $7500 this year, which surpassed our goals!!

Thank You So Much!!!

Pam and Ralph Arning

Archived