TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Don Prudhomme Shelby's..................?

David Hawkins

Asking build information from Shelby is kind of like asking how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop...

....the world may never know....

Saving it for the book, right Steve?

Book???

When it comes to company policy, I may have some input but I sure don't write it ;)

Steve

There was one at the 2009 Las Vegas Barrett Jackson auction. It was in the parade and then auctioned. A few pics from then:

DSC_5147.jpg

DSC_5144.jpg

DSC_5844.jpg

DSC_5840.jpg

DSC_5839.jpg

DSC_5824.jpg

What a classic picture of the Shelby Team. Different now! Its all in the history books. Great photos

I'm pretty sure that the color was what Henry used to say about the T, you can have any color you want, as long as it's black! I have a 1:18 diecast of a silver one, but I don't think that one was ever made? The one I saw in Sturgis a couple years ago was licensed, I'm pretty sure that they were all still street legal fine?

I'm pretty sure that the color was what Henry used to say about the T, you can have any color you want, as long as it's black! I have a 1:18 diecast of a silver one, but I don't think that one was ever made? The one I saw in Sturgis a couple years ago was licensed, I'm pretty sure that they were all still street legal fine?

I saw a Silver one on Ebay last Year.

I'm pretty sure that the color was what Henry used to say about the T, you can have any color you want, as long as it's black!

That's what I thought too but apparently at least one was Silver???

I wonder if the Silver one is a special Ed, or a clone, or something like that...

There used to be a guy here on TS forums that had one. It's the one Kali_KR posted the vid of, who had it at the Bash.

I haven't seen him around in ages though.

There was one in the Warehouse across the lot from the SA Musuem back when I was looking at getting my 2010 Snaked and it wasn't sold, wrapped in plastic so probably the #1 or P car.

Phill

P

Is it bad if I think the car looks awful?

blasphemer!

j/k hahaha!

even though we seem to loose rights in this country everday, i'm pretty sure you're still entitled to your opinion! :D

I am under the impression they were all street legal. I believe they came with a complete set of tires for drag racing (bigs and littles)and then also had Alcoas for the street.

If I remember right, you got a choice when you bought it.

Either slicks/drag wheels or Alcoa's. But not both (perhaps you could opt to pay $$$ for the other?)

Phill

The extra set of wheels were an option I forgot how much? I bought both sets for my car. Back in 2009 the drag car left the Shelby factory at 725 HP. They just finished making my 2007 GT 500 a SS wide body with street legal 900 HP and installed their hole shot package. This car is beyond amazing best Shelby yet that i have driven by a wide margin makes my 2012 800 HP SS feel slow. I am planning on doing the 900 HP hole shot package to the drag car next year. The whole wide body package along with the extra HP and traction mods wow it's just off the charts.

The extra set of wheels were an option I forgot how much? I bought both sets for my car. Back in 2009 the drag car left the Shelby factory at 725 HP. They just finished making my 2007 GT 500 a SS wide body with street legal 900 HP and installed their hole shot package. This car is beyond amazing best Shelby yet that i have driven by a wide margin makes my 2012 800 HP SS feel slow. I am planning on doing the 900 HP hole shot package to the drag car next year. The whole wide body package along with the extra HP and traction mods wow it's just off the charts.

What is the "hole shot package"?

I've never heard of it.

Phill

Good question, best I can do is refer you to Frankie or Gil over at the speedshop.

Steve

Is it a suspension or engine mod?

Phill

Hole shot package is a suspension upgrade installed at the speed shop. When I had the wide body package added to the SS package along with the 900 HP engine mod they also installed suspension mods for traction they call a hole shot package. Really works the whole package is best Shelby yet for me. The guys at the mod shop were great to work with, this was my first trip to the mod shop I was very impressed and really think this snake is best yet for me. The only down side is my other Shelby's feel slow and traction impaired now. LOL the lumpy cams in the 900 HP upgrade feel and sound like an old muscle car.

Archived