TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tpms Resetting

Aussie67

I have just fitted a new set of rims tyres and TPMS sensors to my 2007 GT500. I have the sensor training tool but I can't get the car to enter the tuning mode. I have found two procedures but both were done with a 2010 car but I believe it's the same for mine. Both procedures were basically the same:

Turn ignition from off to on three times

Press and release the brake pedal

Turn ignition off and then to on three more times

Car should beep and enter training mode

The second procedure is exactly the same but includes depressing the brake pedal before you start.

I have tried both ways many times but I can't get the car to beep and enter training mode?

Can anyone help me out with this? Is the procedure the same for my car as later models?

Am I missing something?

This is a big problem for me as not too many people in Perth Australia know too much about Mustangs.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

This is the instructions I followed from American Muscle and it worked for me :shrug:

A couple of important pointers before we get started with this process, the TPMS syncing tool works on a specific radio signal, so you’ll want to make sure you don’t have any cell phones, walkie talkies, or radios around that could possibly cause any interference. Second, you’ll want to make sure you do this process about 10-20 feet away from other vehicles, again just to avoid any problems. To begin the syncing process, insert the key into the ignition and turn the key from the off to the on position 3 times, the third time leaving the key in the on position, without actually starting the car. With the key in the on position, press the brake pedal to the floor and then release it. At this point turn the key from the off to the on position 3 more times, once again leaving it in the on position the third and final time. At this point you should hear the horn honk to indicate that the TPMS sensors are ready to be synced to your ride, using the TPMS syncing tool. With the key still in the on position, head to the left front tire. You’ll need to hold the syncing tool to the valve stem making sure the arrow on the tool is aligned with the valve itself, hold the green button down and wait for the horn to honk, this means the tire has been synced to your ride properly. Repeat that step for the right front, the right rear, and finally the left rear. If you forget the order, just look at the display in the speedometer, it will tell you what tire to sync next. If you’re having problems with the sensors not being detected and the horn doesn’t sound in the syncing process, then deflate all 4 tires and let the car sit for 5 minutes, after that reinflate the tires to the manufacturers recommended PSI, then restart the syncing process. Since the wheels and TPMS sensors are programmed specifically for each location, you will need to resync your TPMS sensors every time you rotate your tires, otherwise you’ll receive inaccurate readings

Here is the procedure I used, which is from the Mustang shop manual:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.
  2. Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
  3. Press and release the brake pedal.
  4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  5. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
  6. The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully.

It's essentially the same as the procedure you followed with the addition of the first step of pressing the brake pedal while the ignition switch is off.

Thanks everyone for the input. This really had me beat as it seems like a really simple procedure. And it seems as though it is, however, apparently to meet Australian standards they have to modify the brake circuit wiring which obviously affects this procedure. So problem solved.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Thanks everyone for the input. This really had me beat as it seems like a really simple procedure. And it seems as though it is, however, apparently to meet Australian standards they have to modify the brake circuit wiring which obviously affects this procedure. So problem solved.

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Another case of Government "simplifying" life!

Glad it's not only here :hysterical:

Archived