TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07H212 on Copart Site

A little background on this car. It was on Craigs List (NYC) in early July for $25,000, reportedly one of several cars from a private collection, damaged from flooding as a result of the storm. Here's some highlights quoted directly from that CL ad.........

"3000 original miles....... car was flooded in Sandy......come take a test drive........needs minor things like radio fixed and small electrical things...........runs and drives great.....motor and transmission are perfect".

I am so thankful that when I got to be a senior citizen I lost my desire to drive like the madman I was in earlier years. I think it is nap time :boring:

RUSS

I love your car, it is such a rare color and the additions create soft lines that enhance the overall appearance. The wheels really top it off well.

A little background on this car. It was on Craigs List (NYC) in early July for $25,000, reportedly one of several cars from a private collection, damaged from flooding as a result of the storm. Here's some highlights quoted directly from that CL ad.........

"3000 original miles....... car was flooded in Sandy......come take a test drive........needs minor things like radio fixed and small electrical things...........runs and drives great.....motor and transmission are perfect".

$25,000 for a flood car with a flood title?

Always love sellers who describe the damage as "minor" and "small" well if the current problems are so minor & small why have they not been repaired?

If the flood water was high enough to damage the radio this car will have all kinds of problems down the road.

Steve

$25,000 for a flood car with a flood title?

Always love sellers who describe the damage as "minor" and "small" well if the current problems are so minor & small why have they not been repaired?

If the flood water was high enough to damage the radio this car will have all kinds of problems down the road.

Steve

My thoughts

Would be interesting to know what it goes for now that it's been salvaged by the ins company and now at copart. To bad NY is a state that you have to go through a broker on salvage cars. I would love to get this one for the right price, strip it and put a new harness and electronics in it. It can be brought back if treated correctly. I'm not affraid of flood cars if stripped and redone correctly. Will always be salvage title, but if the price was right, I would want it. I would say for salvage, it is probably only worth $6-7K for the amount of work that would have to be done to get it right. Not much investment $ to make it right, but a whole lot of work to strip it down to the structure and rebuilt it.

I was trying to get logged in to bid on it. I was prepared to bid $8k, but by the time I got logged in, it said bidding ended at $6,200. It was a reserve auction, and Copart said it could go back to auction this same evening if the owner did not accept that bid. I just looked and it is still no longer listed. I called and talked to the dealer who had it listed for $25k on Craigslist to see if he was still the owner, and he did not seem to remember anything about the car- didn't know what I meant by GT-H. Oh well, no more room in the garage anyway.

Archived