TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One more from me tonight.....

thewheelman

I know you guys get tired of hearing (reading) my gushing about my car, but......... Tuesday I washed it, cleaned the wheels and everything..... This evening in KY it was about 70 degrees, clear skies and a light breeze. After dinner we went home, got the Shelby, put the top down and cruised. Made a big loop, blew some soot out (screaming supercharger can barely be heard over screaming wife), and hit the Food Lion for some breakfast food for tomorrow. I pulled up, got out and a guy coming out of the store started grinning like a possum eating persimmons. Man, that is some sharp ride, wow, cool car, she's got some horses, etc, etc, etc. finally got his phone out and took a picture, then climbed up in a purple F350 that must have been 3 foot off the ground and drove off. I went inside the store and one of the cashiers (quite cute and young, btw) said OMG, there's that car again! She looked at me and said is that your Mustang convertible? Of course, I sucked in my gut, and said why yes. She said, that's the coolest car I've ever seen. I saw it the other night and just fell in love with it!

I can't help it! It's the car, it's the car! I've had sharp cars, including several Mustangs, in the 41 years I've been driving, but never, never has any car I've owned drawn this much attention....and it's gray! I can't imagine what you guys with the red cars suffer through!

I LOVE IT!

I know you guys get tired of hearing (reading) my gushing about my car, but......... Tuesday I washed it, cleaned the wheels and everything..... This evening in KY it was about 70 degrees, clear skies and a light breeze. After dinner we went home, got the Shelby, put the top down and cruised. Made a big loop, blew some soot out (screaming supercharger can barely be heard over screaming wife), and hit the Food Lion for some breakfast food for tomorrow. I pulled up, got out and a guy coming out of the store started grinning like a possum eating persimmons. Man, that is some sharp ride, wow, cool car, she's got some horses, etc, etc, etc. finally got his phone out and took a picture, then climbed up in a purple F350 that must have been 3 foot off the ground and drove off. I went inside the store and one of the cashiers (quite cute and young, btw) said OMG, there's that car again! She looked at me and said is that your Mustang convertible? Of course, I sucked in my gut, and said why yes. She said, that's the coolest car I've ever seen. I saw it the other night and just fell in love with it!

I can't help it! It's the car, it's the car! I've had sharp cars, including several Mustangs, in the 41 years I've been driving, but never, never has any car I've owned drawn this much attention....and it's gray! I can't imagine what you guys with the red cars suffer through!

I LOVE IT!

What year is that? How much power does it have? Did it come with all those gauges? Can I see under the hood? Light em' up! Look mom/dad there's a snake on that car! Can I come for a ride?

Lol, and from all ages too... It's a blast!!

Great story and get used to it,

These cars are serious attention grabbers. I get the same kind of looks, people wanting to come over and ask about it, young and our age.

Oh, and that is when I've not just washed it. B)

After a fresh wash from top to bottom. EVERYBODY looks, and there are waves and nods from lots of other drivers too. Not just others with Fords/Mustangs either.

There are times and places when it's a lot more fun to drive slow. I mean I would not want to rob anybody of having plenty of time to look.

Now there is the occasional driver that sees the car and bugs the cr*p out of me to race me. If the speed we're going and weather allows, I roll down the window, say something nice to the guy first, then just say "Hey, have you read the name on the car?". "It's a Shelby. I don't have to run ya to know how it would turn out" then smile, nod and drive on. :rockon:

There are times for the need to "show off" a bit or feel the need to impress. I had a guy probably in his 30s ask me if that was a "real" Shelby. I said yes it is, and he offered to "show me how to drive it sometime." I said oh and you have one, too? He said no, he couldn't afford one-I said then I'll show you how to drive!

I love the stories people post and yes it is people of all ages that ask the questions. I particularly like the kids reactions. My grandson who is 14 asks me to pick him up at school and take him to fb practice-always get a carful of boys. Nice when they think they have a "cool" gramma!

My favorite was when I was stopped at a red light and an SUV pulls up beside me. The guy in the passenger seat say's "nice f'n car" I said "thanks", then he asks me to "smoke em on the green light" I said no..."the rubbers too expensive"...suddenly the tinted back seat window opens and a young Hottie pokes out and says "I'll show you my boobs"...well I was sure happy my wife wasn't with me...

My favorite was when I was stopped at a red light and an SUV pulls up beside me. The guy in the passenger seat say's "nice f'n car" I said "thanks", then he asks me to "smoke em on the green light" I said no..."the rubbers too expensive"...suddenly the tinted back seat window opens and a young Hottie pokes out and says "I'll show you my boobs"...well I was sure happy my wife wasn't with me...

So, how much rubber did you burn through? :hysterical:

Now that is funny! I get plenty of thumbs up but no offers like that yet.

The track I belong to is full of Porsches, Bimmers, Audis & Vettes - many of which are faster than me, but my car gets plenty of attention in the pits - especially after a track session when they've seen the car on the track & heard the S/C screaming & ask to see the motor. They're surprised to see a full interior in the car & no racing equipment stickers on it anywhere - I've always loved the "sleeper" look.

Had one time when I was in MD for mid-Atlantic Biker's week. NICE motorcycles of all shapes and types. Just pulled into a parking lot to grab something to eat and a group of bikers all walked over to ask me about the car, w/all kinds of nice-ride comments. Man, that was cool

One of my favorites happened within the first couple of miles I put on the car. I pulled up to a stop light and I glanced over to the car next me. The driver was a woman in her late 60's and was motioning me to roll down my window. She said that it sure is a beautiful Shelby and that her and her husband had one back in 66'.

So cool for that to happen anytime, but even better during the first couple of miles.

Archived