TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Linking Pictures From PhotoBucket

Z-man

Is anyone else having trouble linkng pictures from PhotoBucket all of a sudden?

I have linked 100's of PhotoBucket pictures to TS in the past, but now when I try to insert the IMG/URL code, I get an error that the format is not supported by TS. :shrug:

Anyone else having issues?

Z-man

Nope, still didn't work and got the same error, however, this time in the editor it did display the picture, but when posted, only the link was displayed.

I think i'm going to give it a rest for today, and try again tomorrow.

Thanks for your info Tony.

I struggled for hours to figure out how to link the last couple videos I posted from photobucket. I eventually figured it out but dont know exactly how I did it. I did notice that the new Shelby Videos thread does not show that Photobucket is one of the supported sites.

I'm downloading videos now from todays track day and will try to remember what works - assuming I'm successful.

Make certain that the image's URL ends in .jpg, .png, .gif, etc.

Robert -

Here is a portion of the code...

WGC_3125_zps29a1df9b.jpg.html WGC_3125_zps29a1df9b.jpg~original

Does that look correct to you? looks like one portion ends in .jpg.html, and the other ends in .jpg~original :punched:

I figured it out!!! :happy feet:

Somehow, a little box got 'checked' that told PhotoBucket to display my photos in full resolution when linked to another web-site or forum. The files were so large (6 meg each), that Team Shelby couldn't accept them.

Un-check the box, and problem solved.

Wish I would have figured that out a couple days ago.

Z-man

I always post my pictures resized to 1024 x "y" - whatever the scaled dimension of the camera raw files converted to jpeg. They're good enough for viewing on the computer and it takes a lot less time to upload and I get more space on photobucket because each image is smaller.

Archived