TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Full power on delivery

UPSTATE

OK I will be taking delivery of my Shelby GT 500 in the next 10 days. I know for a brief period you do not get full power. How will I know when it actives at 100%? Will the boost gauge start working or suddenly read higher? Is it after so many minutes of driving or so many miles that it comes to life?

OK I will be taking delivery of my Shelby GT 500 in the next 10 days. I know for a brief period you do not get full power. How will I know when it actives at 100%? Will the boost gauge start working or suddenly read higher? Is it after so many minutes of driving or so many miles that it comes to life?

After driving 5 consecutive miles. Then it will have full power.

The boost gauge will not move unless you get on it really hard! As in, MASH the peddal to the metal and then you will see the boost gauge move.

+1 ...then the addiction starts. :shift:

OK now that I've got 60 miles on it I have a question. If I get on it about 20-25 MPH it wants to fish tail all over. Now the finer art of driving. I realize if on a drag strip that would cost time. Do you guys just give mild power until you are in a higher gear to prevent this spinning and fish tailing. Of course it sends the tach into the red so I back off , share your secrets?

After driving 5 consecutive miles. Then it will have full power.

The boost gauge will not move unless you get on it really hard! As in, MASH the peddal to the metal and then you will see the boost gauge move.

What is the mechanism preventing full power for the first 5 miles? Is it built into the electronics or is it something else?

From what I've been told, it's in the computer, 5 miles or 50 consecutive starts. Which could be reset.

I wish they had hidden "valet" switch to limit boost to only a couple pounds. If someone ever came out with one, I'm sure it'd sell.

OK now that I've got 60 miles on it I have a question. If I get on it about 20-25 MPH it wants to fish tail all over. Now the finer art of driving. I realize if on a drag strip that would cost time. Do you guys just give mild power until you are in a higher gear to prevent this spinning and fish tailing. Of course it sends the tach into the red so I back off , share your secrets?

1. Get in

2. Buckle up

3. Shut up

4. Hang on! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Actually, it just takes a lot of practice. Find a flat safe quiet patch of pavement to try out your new toy on....preferably away from the bears! That could cost you some serious money.:spend:

500PLUS

Practice over a few hundred miles and you will get a better feel for the limits before it starts to go sideways. The real art is making it fishtail as much as you want, when you want. :happy feet:

That I can do, just a little turn of the front wheel!

I don't turn the wheel, that could be disastrous. I let the car do the sideways thingy and let the car straighten itself. If it starts to go a little too far, I slightly back off the gas and it straightens up. This can be very dangerous though, because at any moment it can break completely loose and go sideways VERY quickly.

I agree I do the same. After driving many other vehicles in the ice and snow steering in or out of sliding is nothing new. Just back off the gas and turn the wheel slightly the opposite way and you are all set. Since the slide is on acceleration once you let off the gas it settles down. Now a slide on deceleration is an entirely different story.

Archived