TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HERTS MUSTANG

1sgt

I was at SHELBY these weekend and I saw a 2014 HERTZ mustang . I didn't like the yellow racing stripe it didn't do much for the car . I think the yellow was to much . Go back to gold .

i saw one at the hertz dealer in california a couple of weeks ago. it was a 5.0 with a yellow stripe, but it was offset to one side and it didn't mention anything about shelby. it said "penske hertz" or something like that if i remember correctly? had ford racing rims and not much else that i could see. does it have anything to do with shelby?

Here's an older thread about it. There's actually a few threads out there. No, it has nothing to do with Shelby. This is part of the deal with Penske's relationship to Hertz now with their sponsoring of Nascar, etc. Funny, the cars were assembled by Roush with the modifications.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81668-the-next-hertz-mustang/?hl=penske

Hoping to piggy back off the charm and value of the Hertz Shelby. Problem is that nobody cares about a rental car that isn't the famed Hertz Shelby. The way people have been trying to predict "future collectibility" over the past 20 years with new vehicles has been very interesting and very frustrating for the opportunists...

A friend of mine who hauls cars just called me and told me about these 7 Hertz/Penske Mustangs he just delievered to Denver International Airport Hertz location. He had not heard about them yet. Denver was not supposed to be one of the locations to get them, but these cars had some sort of issue where San Fran could not take them, so Denver did. Sounds like the tune may have not been 50 state compliant or something where they could not get them to CA. I might have to use some of my Hertz miles and take one out for a weekend to see if I like it. May be another future car I need! I don't know?

A friend of mine who hauls cars just called me and told me about these 7 Hertz/Penske Mustangs he just delievered to Denver International Airport Hertz location. He had not heard about them yet. Denver was not supposed to be one of the locations to get them, but these cars had some sort of issue where San Fran could not take them, so Denver did. Sounds like the tune may have not been 50 state compliant or something where they could not get them to CA. I might have to use some of my Hertz miles and take one out for a weekend to see if I like it. May be another future car I need! I don't know?

Perhaps I glossed over the build specs but I was under the impression that there was no HP increase on these Penske cars so if correct I wouldn't think it has anything to do with CARB compliance.

Steve

Perhaps I glossed over the build specs but I was under the impression that there was no HP increase on these Penske cars so if correct I wouldn't think it has anything to do with CARB compliance.

Steve

Well looks like I did gloss over the build specs as the Hertz website lists a revise air intake & tune.

http://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=penske_ford_mustang_gt.jsp

The Hertz website also shows that these cars are available for rent in Los Angeles & San Francisco so that rules out CARB problems.

My guess is that there are few takers at the advertised rental price so Hertz is adding additional locations.

Steve

Archived