TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BEST DUST FREE REPLACEMENT BRAKES?

08krrick

IN THE WHEEL THREAD, SVTTIM AND I AGREE, WHY WAIT FOR THESE DIRTY BRAKES TO WEAR OUT? NOW, WHAT IS THE BEST DUST FREE BRAKE PAD? WILL THE ROTORS HANDLE A CERAMIC PAD OR ARE THERE GREAT DUST FREE CONVENTIONAL PADS THAT WILL STOP THE BEAST. TRACK USE IS NOT A CONSIDERATION, BUT DEFINITELY WANT STOPPING POWER WHEN NEEDED CONSIDERING 650 PLUS HP.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

If you research the GT500 forum there are multipul threads on this topic with different opinions. I bought the AutoZone Duralast Gold Cmax ceramic pads based owners feedback but I have not installed them yet to give an opinion. -Kevin

If you research the GT500 forum there are multipul threads on this topic with different opinions. I bought the AutoZone Duralast Gold Cmax ceramic pads based owners feedback but I have not installed them yet to give an opinion. -Kevin

I've been running the Duralast Cmax pads on all four corners for about 4 months. They work great for DD and occasional track use, IMHO. Plus, a LOT less brake dust, so I don't need to wash the car as often.

Great value for a quality ceramic pad.

I've been running the Duralast Cmax pads on all four corners for about 4 months. They work great for DD and occasional track use, IMHO. Plus, a LOT less brake dust, so I don't need to wash the car as often.

Great value for a quality ceramic pad.

How do they stop compared to stock pads?

How do they stop compared to stock pads?

The ceramics are much more dense and hard, so they feel like they bite into the rotor better. Its really noticeable on hard stops. They also do a better job as the pads heat up from extreme braking (from HPDE, etc). The stock pad feel very soft in comparison.

Archived