TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP announces a limited supply of GT500KR parts 4-sale

ccsl7578

Sold out forever!

Not true.

I still have wheels, tires, and center caps for KR owners who need them for service.

Jer

Jer, I received a damaged KR wheel from Yeoman's. Damien said in a response that Ford Racing is working with SA to replace the damaged wheels that were sent out. There has been no response from Ford Racing yet. Does this sound accurate?

Jer, I received a damaged KR wheel from Yeoman's. Damien said in a response that Ford Racing is working with SA to replace the damaged wheels that were sent out. There has been no response from Ford Racing yet. Does this sound accurate?

We have been supplying single KR wheels to Ford Racing's dealers if they hit a snag, yes.

Jer

You guys are amazing when it comes to helping people. Your warehouse facility must be massive, is it all in one building?

Thanks! No, it isn't, and that's one of the biggest reasons we're moving! LOL...

Jer

No, it's pretty much all in Jer's office! :work: :stats::hysterical2:

Too true. I never really bothered to decorate in here. It's just full of wheels and junk...LOL

Jer

Thanks. Looks like you guys may have helped. Just got word from Yeomans' that UPS is picking up my damaged wheel and a replacement is coming.

OK, good.

Jer

I should of said that they were sold out for the General public to purchase. Hopefully you have enough to last the next 30 years.

I think they're only legally obligated to keep NOS parts for 10 years.

I say, I THINK.

At least that's the (urban?) 'myth' that has prevailed over my lifetime.

Phill

I think they're only legally obligated to keep NOS parts for 10 years.

I say, I THINK.

At least that's the (urban?) 'myth' that has prevailed over my lifetime.

Phill

That law (The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) was to ensure availability of parts to allow functionality. In this case, any "compatible" wheel would satisfy that law. It also states that the parts must be available for the full length of any advertised and offered warranty by a manufacturer. The "10 year" tag is, as you suspected, a myth.

Jer

That law (The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) was to ensure availability of parts to allow functionality. In this case, any "compatible" wheel would satisfy that law. It also states that the parts must be available for the full length of any advertised and offered warranty by a manufacturer. The "10 year" tag is, as you suspected, a myth.

Jer

Ahh, okay.

That makes all the sense in the world. A wheel is a wheel, it's round and spins (good point). It won't keep you from driving a car if you can't get a (aesthetic) match to the OE wheel.

The primary fact I never realized is that it's the Magnuson-Moss Waranty Act that determined the length of time a mfgr. has to have availability of parts. And the warranty period tie-in makes perfect sense too.

Thanks,

Phill (learn somethin' every day!)

Thanks. Looks like you guys may have helped. Just got word from Yeomans' that UPS is picking up my damaged wheel and a replacement is coming.

My 9 wheels arrived from buyfordracing.com today. One is damaged. I was told no replacements are available. See link for details: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82039-ford-racing-to-offer-gt500kr-wheels-for-sale/page-10?do=findComment&comment=1470579

• 1 year later...

Since I'm the 'new guy' here, I'll try to be as goddam P.C. as I can f'n be. I'm upset with the sale and the transportation companies I'm working with up in NJ for the stealership and Pompano Beach for the transport company. Was promised my 09 KR0408 by Tuesday and the tracker broke down. Got on the road this morning. Might be here Sunday. Yeah right. Shit!

Make a long story short, through Shep's help and others from Shelby and Ford Racing, I was trying to resolve a suspension issue. The mechanic saw a rr leaky shock and replaced it with the wrong set of stocks. I called Shelby (Chris), the Ford Racing (Isaac) the story goes: when the GT500's came off the line, they sent a few thousand to Vegas. Shelby converted them to GT500KR's...using Ford Racing parts. Shelby makes no parts themselves; or at least didn't back in 08 and 09. The wheels, suspension, intake, pretty much everything. As to who actually made the CF stuff, might not have been Ford or Shelby. May have outsourced it back then. Anyone?

I have the wrong rear shocks and the wrong front splitter on my car. Ford does not make these shocks any longer. There are quite a few on EBay Motors. I paid $326 to the door for struts, shocks and springs. I'll install just the rear stuff for now and then try to sell the tires. I don't like Goodyear anymore. Had too many issues years ago. I never got over that. I like Conti KDW's. That's the best for daily driving for me. I'm in Houston. Lots of rain year round. Need a good rain tire.

Anyway, I'm peeing down my pants sitting here and waiting for the mystery car... First time I've bought sight unseen. Hope I didn't make a mistake. I'm going to bed.

Night people.

Congratulations Bruce on your KR. As far as the cf stuff on the car goes Plasan made the splitter and hoods for them. You can still aquire a genuine Plasan splitter from SPP but it's pricey. A better alternative is to buy the new style SS splitter from them that is an exact replica of the KR version but costs a lot less. Did you also get all the KR specific literature with the car as well as the brake duct kit that was in the trunk of every KR? Post pics when your car comes in. Be sure to register the car with Shelby when you can. They're really great cars.

The carrier is in downtown Houston. Should be taking possession of it and my first eyes-on since I bought it. I don't know what is coming with the car other than a key. I understand, they placed everything inside, but I won't know until I get the car...

I hope the wife understands the passion one can acquire from such a car. Close to an obsession. In other words, she doesn't yet know I bought it. I am sooo screwed! (Or not, ever again...).

I'll let you know. I did mange to work a deal with the sales manager to pick up the tab for a new KR suspension kit for ~$360. I'll install; he pays for the kit. The mechainc installed vanilla shocks on the rear when he found a leaky rear shock and replaced both.

The spoiler is a 'nice to have', as you say. I'll clip a curb soon enough. Thanks for the insight on the front lip.

Archived