TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP announces a limited supply of GT500KR parts 4-sale

ccsl7578

Hey Jer,

I just read an email from Ford Racing dated 8/8 that said they have a limited supply of GT500KR parts for sale. The 18 x 9 1/2" wheels, shifter kit, brake cooling kit and suspension parts. They say to contact FRPP dealers for availability and prices. That sounds like a dealer mark-up to me.... just saying. How did FRPP obtain these and not SPP? Did anyone else receive this?

Mark

15194_10201013878051147_1646774488_n.jpg

Thanks JeffJ! Sorry, I missed those threads last week. For anyone wanting a set of wheels that look VERY similar to the KR wheels... check out the SS fully polished wheels from True Forged... and you can get them in any offset and width. Pretty expensive though!! But they look awesome!

15194_10201013878051147_1646774488_n.jpg

I'm still a bit confused about how Ford had these wheels and not Shelby. I thought the wheels were added at Shelby when the KR's were done? However, I'm guessing that Ford needed a supply of wheels for warrantee or replacement part needs?

I'm still a bit confused about how Ford had these wheels and not Shelby. I thought the wheels were added at Shelby when the KR's were done? However, I'm guessing that Ford needed a supply of wheels for warrantee or replacement part needs?

That is correct. Ford owns lots of parts that were used to build KRs, and have chosen to sell them down.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

I hope not. I feeI need to start buying any KR parts that come up.

Edit: I have bought several KR only parts since this started. Wheels, shocks, diff cover etc....

This would be the "flip side" to owning a special Shelby. I absolutely love the KR, but Im done with mistaking a collector car with a driver's car.

I speak from experience. I hope the best for KR parts for my KR friends. Its not the King of the Road for nothing.

This would be the "flip side" to owning a special Shelby. I absolutely love the KR, but Im done with mistaking a collector car with a driver's car.

I speak from experience. I hope the best for KR parts for my KR friends. Its not the King of the Road for nothing.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my KR. I don't want to deal with Shelby if and when I need replacement parts. I don't drive it much for obvious reasons. It takes all the fun out of enjoying the car. I'm thinking of getting into a 2013/2014 GT500 where "collector car" does not apply (due to it's higher production #s) and replacement parts are only a Ford dealer away.

I'm seriously thinking of selling my KR. I don't want to deal with Shelby if and when I need replacement parts. I don't drive it much for obvious reasons. It takes all the fun out of enjoying the car. I'm thinking of getting into a 2013/2014 GT500 where "collector car" does not apply (due to it's higher production #s) and replacement parts are only a Ford dealer away.

Have you had a bad experience getting parts for your car? I have everything in stock, so let me know if you have other concerns. Email me directly at JerG@ShelbyAmerican.com.

Jer

Contact Jer. He has all the parts in stock.

Yup. Got a pile of them.

Call 702 405 3500, ask for Brian Turner.

Jer

That's odd, I called and spoke to Wendy last week trying to get a set and was told that they were restricted parts and would not be sold without a police report or photo of damage. I ended up purchasing a set from eBay at a premium. Thanks!

That's odd, I called and spoke to Wendy last week trying to get a set and was told that they were restricted parts and would not be sold without a police report or photo of damage. I ended up purchasing a set from eBay at a premium. Thanks!

OUCH!

Sorry about that!

Send me an email, and I'll do my best to make it up to you.

Jer

Jer,

Now that Ford has released a bunch of KR parts, is it any easier to get replacement stripes?

The procedure is to just call us and place your order... ask for Brian Turner.

Jer

Will do. I appreciate you reaching out so I could make it right for you.

Jer

Archived