TEAM SHELBY FORUM

93 Octane

07SGT

Just curious. I was looking at the Ford site last night and "building" a Shelby GT 500 with options and checking the price. I noticed Ford stated the Shelby GT 500 requires 93 octane. What do you guys in the west do since the highest available is usually 91 octane.

Just curious. I was looking at the Ford site last night and "building" a Shelby GT 500 with options and checking the price. I noticed Ford stated the Shelby GT 500 requires 93 octane. What do you guys in the west do since the highest available is usually 91 octane.

read the add again it requires 93 to get 662hp. The computer is smart enough to retard the timing if you are running less. Currently running 94 in my 13 and 91 in my 07. When I do a CAI and tune on the 13 I will set it up for 91 California gas (lowest common denominator). The difference in hp between running 91 and 93 is so small not really worth the chance of not finding the right gas on a road trip.

Aren't you in the mountain region? If so our 91 at altitude is equivalent to 93 at sea level. As are all. 85->87 89->91 etc

You're losing a lot more hp because of altitude than octane

Archived