TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wild West Auto Fest

Norton

Anyone planning to show their car (or at least attend) the Denver Mustang Club's 2013 Wild West Auto Fest?

DATE: Saturday, 14 Sep

TIME: Staging 0630-0900, Registration 0645-0930, Show 0900-1530, Awards 1530-1630

WHERE: Clement Park (East of Wadsworth on Bowles)

WHAT: A family fun event held in conjunction with the Summerset Festival that brings over 600 cars of all makes and models along with over 20,000 spectators

COST: $30 thru 3 Sep, $35 after that

Thanks for posting Norton. I was going to start a thread today. We are about 60 cars ahead of where we were at last year, so should easily hit 600 total registrations. This year we are having a beach theme. The artwork is shown below. We always choose two cars from the previous years show and then have a drawing for a club members car to be in the artwork. The trophies are also a beach theme, they are very cool. This show pretty much takes us all year to get ready for and organized, but it is a great show. Too bad it's on the same day as the Shelby Collection show in Boulder this year.

WWAF-ArtWork-2013.jpg

Should be good. Not attending though...and not a fan of the Phil Long dealership.

I definitely second your opinion of Phil Long. The only reason I'm unsure whether I'll attend this event is because the Phil Long name is associated with it. In a word, they SUCK!

Our club has been meeting at Phil Long in Denver for over 30 years. They have always been great partners for us. I just got my Roush there a couple months back for 9K under sticker and was in an out with the deal done in just over an hour from the time I walked in. There have been 10+ club members who have purchased new cars there this year so far. Club members also get ANY parts through the parts department just over cost at huge discounts. I think that every dealer has their issues for sure. Either in service, sales, unknowledgeable sales folks.....etc. I don't think that any are exempt from some issue. Phil Long supports us pretty well for this show, however, it is put on by our club and supports Jeffco parks and the Summer Set Festival. Why would it matter who's name is on it? None of the proceeds go back to them?

Our club has been meeting at Phil Long in Denver for over 30 years. They have always been great partners for us. I just got my Roush there a couple months back for 9K under sticker and was in an out with the deal done in just over an hour from the time I walked in. There have been 10+ club members who have purchased new cars there this year so far. Club members also get ANY parts through the parts department just over cost at huge discounts. I think that every dealer has their issues for sure. Either in service, sales, unknowledgeable sales folks.....etc. I don't think that any are exempt from some issue. Phil Long supports us pretty well for this show, however, it is put on by our club and supports Jeffco parks and the Summer Set Festival. Why would it matter who's name is on it? None of the proceeds go back to them?

I hear you, Jeff, and I'm glad they've been good to you and your club. Unfortunately, I had a HORRIBLE experience at the Chapel Hills location. I elevated the problem to the company's President and CEO, who flicked the issue back to the Chapel Hills GM. The GM never had the decency to take my calls, let alone FIX the problem. Instead, communication was funneled through an administrative assistant. In the end, they did nothing more than refund my deposit for a car they "sold" me without an allocation to back it up. That's the best they could do for a customer who was lied to while trying to spend almost $70K with their organization, forcing me to search nationwide for the car they'd promised me four months earlier.

To be honest, I didn't realize Phil Long (whether in name, sponsorship, or otherwise) was involved in this show when I started this thread. (Shame on me for not doing my homework and connecting the dots.) I haven't decided whether to go or not, but the Phil Long name is a huge disincentive for me no matter what their involvement happens to be.

norton , i hear yea . buying a 2013 shelby gt-500 for 20,000 over list is bad business . My car would have been 89,000 if i bought it there . No way i could afford that. Ive been going to the show for the past 13 years . Great show, just stay away from the Phil Long booth. Lots of things to see and do at the show . Ill be there , if anyone wants to go , lets meet before ,that way we can park together.

Archived