TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its kinda looking that way. And judging by those FRPP sales award plaques in the background I would bet there is more to the story.

Yeomans is pretty well connected for sure. They are even the title sponsor of the Jack Roush Jr. car in the Continental Challenge series.

Laguna3.jpg

I got a set too. But!!!! why in the hell didn't shelby offer these to KR owners first? What's up with that? I damaged my wheels in may and had to send in the old ones to get a new set. Price was $375 each down from $1150 when I first called them. What happened to the other KR parts like hoods and splitters? IN my opinion, we should have been offered all of these spare parts. now if we damage a hood, there probably won't be any. Great way to take care of customers who paid dearly for one of these cars!!! Makes me mad if you couldn't tell.

I agree with you 08krrick. The KR was an exclusive car and now it seems the exclusive parts are going to anybody. I would figure SAI would have similar clout to grap these last sets to protect the KR brand. At least for now, it looks like all the sets are sold mostly to KR owners. The issue now will be tires.

Interesting. I wonder if Gary Yeomans bought all of the wheels from Ford?

Its kinda looking that way. And judging by those FRPP sales award plaques in the background I would bet there is more to the story.

I know of one Ford Racing dealer that purchased more than half of the wheels from FRPP. They have nothing to do with Gary Yeomans and have been a long time "Top Ten" dealer. I have no idea if they are going to hold onto them or if they have plans to move them at a specific price at this time. I can only say that I have done business with them for over twenty years now and that each and every transaction has been courteous and professional.

I think I got the last set. The listing said last set in the description. Going in the attic!

Mine are going to the basement with the rest of my horde. B)

New128_zps5082c651.jpg

The issue now will be tires.

In my opinion the original KR F1 tires are crap. They need to be superheated to get any traction. I have Michelin Super Sports now and love them.

I read that in the F1 thread. Well, since I don't plan on using these wheels, I will likely just keep them without tires. I have the original wheels off the car now and in storage. I have coated them with a quality silicone to defer dry rot. Ultimately, I want to upgrade to your wheels. I am just not going to pay $4500 for a set. What is in the big Shelby/Saleen boxes?? Nice to have that much space. By the way, I am leaving tomorrow for the big American Muscle Show in Media PA . Over 1000 Mustangs. I am not taking my KR or GT though. Registration is closed. I hate to make the drive with the intention of entering and be turned away.. Let me know if you are going.

What is in the big Shelby/Saleen boxes?? By the way, I am leaving tomorrow for the big American Muscle Show in Media PA . Let me know if you are going.

KR parts and parts for my old 1994 mustang.

Nope.... I will be working.

I know another dealer that bought 100 of them and they are going to charge alot more than the $990. Get them while you can before the others jack up the price. I bought a set on 1st round $958 and planning on running my snow tires on them since the 20 inch will be my summer wheels and tires. The dealer I was talking to who bought a hundred sets and they are looking to charge $390 a wheel. Oooch

Or if they did not have KR I would consider. But then they would not be a KR wheel. darn.

Shelby did offer these parts to KR owners about 3 years ago. I bought a set of rims with tires and a front carbon fiber splitter. The hood I believe was about $4,500 at that time and I didn't buy an extra hood. They had the suspension kits, latches for the hood (which I bought a spare set) and a bunch of other stuff just for the KR. We were sent a letter about the sell of the parts and I had to prove I owned a KR to buy the items. I think Shelby probably did their best to protect the KR owners back then but this looks more like Ford is selling the parts to individuals or dealers. We were told that these were leftover parts from the KR cars produced and once they were gone they were gone. Its a little disappointing to see this stuff showing up so cheap now. I think with Carroll now gone Ford will do what they want to do and there is not really anyone to stop this with deep enough pockets. In the end the KR is a special car, I'm happy to own one and whats the saying imitation is the best form of flattery. I may have worded that saying wrong but its late. By the way I just bought a 2014 GT 500 and its a heck of a car compared to my 2008. It reminds me of the KR in sport mode but just more refined. The only thing I haven't driven is the GT 350 but so far I think my favorite Shelby is my 2008 KR followed closely by the 2014. I have a Hertz car too but wish it had more power but it is also quite different then the other Shelbys I've named. Its amazing to me how different they all are.

SVT

Believe it or not my initials are actually SVT. A funny thing happened when I bought my 2008 GT 500 by wife walked out and opened the door and saw the SVT on the sill plate and asked me "How did you get them to put your initials on the sill plate". My wife and I still laugh about that today.

Come on guys, where are you getting them from. I looked at the eBay site but those were sold.

Shelby73, can you tell me who this dealer is that is going to sell them soon?

ingram4868@yahoo.com

Just keep watching their site....click on the link on pg 2, and even though it shows they are all sold on the page check down below that product offering for other / similar products and they will show several different wheels from the same vendor...there you may find an additional offering for a few sets of KR wheels.

I noticed that they were doing about 3 or 4 sets at one time about every day...usually posted in the morning. The first set was a single and offered at a slightly lower price. The next wave went up to $990, but did include free shipping. This last wave was $990 but no free shipping.

I've been looking for a great 18 inch x 9.5 inch rim for a while for my SGT. I haven't really had anything that has jumped out at me that I absolutely loved. The 20 inch are too large for my taste, and 19 inch would be about perfect, but tires seem to be an issue when trying to locate the compatible sizes. I also wanted something that would clear upgraded brake calipers if I get a set of Brembos for the fronts.

I'm not wild about the GT500KR engraving, but I've been wanting a great looking 18 inch polished aluminum style wheel for my SGT. Most of the Chrome were too much shine for my taste in some cases, and many of the machined aluminum also have painted surfaces so the machined part is minimized. My second favorite rim is the CS69 in 18 inch Hyper Black, but I've only seen pictures of Dana's 2008 SGT with his - they look great but hard to decide if that is the way to go. I've seen a Vista Blue KR here in Atlanta in person, and loved the look of these wheels.

I'll see how I like them on my SGT in person, but I figure if I don't like them after I get them mounted, I can take them off and put them up for sale on TS for about the same price given how quickly these are going.

Who knows, now that I will have both KR mufflers and KR wheels, maybe I'll wind up with the first KR convertible when all is said and done....just kidding! Definitely not going there!

Andy.

Funny, I don't really like the KR wheels. I will pick up another setoff wheels and store the originals. They look great on the car but they get dirty easy, within 30 miles of driving them. Agreed, these are cheap but Ill pass

What size and type of tires are you running on your KR rims?

(assuming that you have had to replace them at this point)

Thanks,

Andy.

Who is that directed at/to?

I have the OEM Goodyear F-1 Supercar "Winged Boot" tires that came on the KR originally. I got a set when Shelby released them to KR owners, via a KR owner then another guy who bought them from him. As far as actual size...I'd have to go out and look, don't remember off hand (265 front/285 rear???).

I paid what the original guy paid, or at least what Shelby advertised them at (~$700 per wheel/tire combo, not sure if there is a TPMS in it or not).

They stick WELL. Well, once you get them heated up. But ironically, I think my OEM 2010 19" F-1's stick at LEAST as well, if not better.

Phill

Archived