TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeomans and emustangparts are one in the same? Now that gives me a chuckle. I thought I was dealing with someone different when buying them on eBay.

Grabber, did you remount the old tires or are those the new ones? For some reason I thought you were considering a different tire or size.

Yeomans and emustangparts are one in the same? Now that gives me a chuckle. I thought I was dealing with someone different when buying them on eBay.

Grabber, did you remount the old tires or are those the new ones? For some reason I thought you were considering a different tire or size.

Tana's 3,900 mile F-1's were put on her new wheels.

My 8,900 mile front F-1's went on my new wheels and a brand new back set of F-1's went on the rears.

Very nice Rob, they look great!

Hope that UPS takes care of you with regard to the 9th (wow, that's a lot of rims) one.

Z-man

UPS is going to be held accountable for the damage to the 9th wheel. I will make sure of that.

I was talking to my wife last night because she went out side when he was unloading the boxs. Tana asked him how his day was and he said it's great now that I have these boxs out of my truck. He said he has been struggling with them all day as they rolled around the insided of his truck during his delivery routes. This was at 3:30pm. The shipping tracker told me the truck had my boxs out for delivery at 4:15 am. So this last part of the delivery process was extra hard on my boxs. The way they look you can tell they were rolled end for end several times. I plan on telling that story to the UPS claims guy that comes out to look at the boxs.

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

Tana's 3,900 mile F-1's were put on her new wheels.

My 8,900 mile front F-1's went on my new wheels and a brand new back set of F-1's went on the rears.

Rob,

What size tires did you mount to the KR rims?

Thanks,

Andy.

FWIW...

Gary Yeoman's Ford issued a partial refund to me, as my wheels previously had tires mounted on them. They communicated well through Ebay and now, I am satisfied with the transaction.

Grabber, those wheels look great! Thanks for sharing.

Well I'll politely disagree that KR rims look good on a non-KR. Pretty much the same reason I did not buy a set of second-batch 20's with the unnecessary and totally gay "fifty years" slogan milled in them.

I think the KR wheels are an aesthetic improvement over the stock '07-'09 GT500 wheels. I see nothing wrong with KR wheels being used on something besides a KR. Might as well use them on something; right? I may save my spare set to put on a '07-'09 GT500 'vert...along with a few othe KR parts. Too bad that a KR convertible wasn't offered.

You are kidding. Right?

No, why?

Good to see so many people desire the KRs and try to be like them as much as possible. You do realize these wheels say GT500KR on them right? And they were made for the KR exclusively? I have zero issues with others owning them . None at all. In fact I think KR envy is quite flattering :)

You are kidding. Right?

+1

I have no problem with Ford Racing selling dead inventory after their 5-year commitment to stock warranty parts is up, nor do I have a problem with anyone buying them. But putting a KR-specific part on a non-KR is lame. If you're going to be a poser, at least go big. Put the KR wheels on a base model, not a GT500. It actually dilutes the coolness of the GT500.

My $.02

No, why?

Good to see so many people desire the KRs and try to be like them as much as possible. You do realize these wheels say GT500KR on them right? And they were made for the KR exclusively? I have zero issues with others owning them . None at all. In fact I think KR envy is quite flattering :)

[/quote

Sure. Whatever puts wind in your sails. However my friend envy is a strong term. I like the wheels but I don't envy them.

+1

I have no problem with Ford Racing selling dead inventory after their 5-year commitment to stock warranty parts is up, nor do I have a problem with anyone buying them. But putting a KR-specific part on a non-KR is lame. If you're going to be a poser, at least go big. Put the KR wheels on a base model, not a GT500. It actually dilutes the coolness of the GT500.

My $.02

So when you take all the "KR add-ons" off, don't you still have a '08/'09 GT500 coupe? When you run your KR VIN it's going to come up as a GT500 coupe.

Oh wait! I forgot it has that riveted thingy under the hood. Ahh! that's were the value is.

So when you take all the "KR add-ons" off, don't you still have a '08/'09 GT500 coupe? When you run your KR VIN it's going to come up as a GT500 coupe.

But that's the problem...you don't really have a GT500 anymore with goofy stuff on. You have a GT500 that's trying to be something else.

I'm not concerned that people will think it's a KR...I'm concerned that people will think it's not even a GT500. THAT'S what's getting diluted.

Oh wait! I forgot it has that riveted thingy under the hood. Ahh! that's were the value is.

Interesting take. Having owned both cars, there is a world of difference between the two without the riveted thingy

I am a track guy, my GT500 was a pig in turns. Push Push Push. The KR sticks! I highly doubt the riveted thingy has anything to do with the performance of the car. Don't get me wrong, I loved my GT500. Wish I could have just kept it in the garage along with the KR. But, not being independently wealthy, I chose to move to a better car.

Personally, Im not thrilled with the KR wheel. I will buy another set of wheels, dutifully polish my KR rims and put them in storage. And honestly, I don't care what you put on yours, its your car, you should do what you like and enjoy it. In fact, I like the Wheels on Robs car better than my KR. But to say a KR is just a GT500 with a bunch of parts with a thingy is ridiculous. The parts have to work and, engineering (and yes, exclusivity) is where the values at

Archived