TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

Rob, I understand that you are upset. Nobody wants to be disappointed with something they were so excited about.

The last statement that you bolded...I have to ask. Did the "double boxed" wheels all wear through the first layer of protective cardboard?

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob, I understand that you are upset. Nobody wants to be disappointed with something they were so excited about.

The last statement that you bolded...I have to ask. Did the "double boxed" wheels all wear through the first layer of protective cardboard?

No the double boxed units showed no wear and tear at all. That is because the ford racing box was snugged tight inside the brown box and not allowed to slide around. The unboxed wheels where placed inside the big brown box and that box allowed the wheel to slide around. It was not snug. The holes in the brown box were made from the inside out !!! Look at the pic's I posted of the inside of the box.

If I had to do it all over again I would've paid extra money to have the boxes shipped individually and all double boxed. UPS is less likely to damage a 35 pound box rather then a 70 pound box. i did not know the boxes would be so heavy and difficult to handle.

If I had to do it all over again I would've paid extra money to have the boxes shipped individually and all double boxed. UPS is less likely to 35 pound box rather then a 70 pound box. i did not know the boxes would be so heavy and difficult to handle.

Yeoman's shipped all my wheels individually.

Have you opened and inspected all the wheels ? :lurk:

:hysterical:

Its funny that you ask that, I keep reading about all the Damaged / Used wheels showing up and then my OCD kicks in and I start thinking that I missed something. I have throughly checked my wheels out (3 times now) and I can't find anything wrong with them. I guess I lucked out. My only problem is deciding weather to sell them or install them.

Yipee! They're here!

I think I was another lucky one, despite mine being packed like Grabber's; one in Ford Racing box, and one not, but both inside a bigger box (only two out of four were fully double boxed). The outer boxes looked a little tattered, but the wheels look good.

Oh; for anyone curious, my not too accurate bathroom scale tells me that these weigh in right around 30# with TPMS, no tire or valve stem. They were listed as 35# shipping weight. Not very light for a performance wheel, but no doubt very tough and durable. I'll just squirrell these away for future use. :)

I'm going to wait for Grabber to post pics of the KR wheels on Tana's white w/red stripes GT500 before I decide whether to put them on my GT500 or put them on my Vista Blue convertible . I ordered a set of 275/40-18 tires today to put on the wheels .

We have a wheel repair in Michigan called "Alloy Wheel Repair " they are Nationwide. They did a beautiful job of repairing a damaged GT500 Split spoke wheel for me. Could never tell it had been damaged and it was much worse damage then your Alcoa. I am wondering if a tire would hide that damage.

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

A Technician from http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/ came by my house tonight to look at the Nick in the side of the KR Rim. He said that the Dura Brite finish is not something that he can fix. He also said that the lip on the Good Year Eagle F-1 tires will hide most of the blemish and that once it is on......I would be the only one that would know it was there. He suggested keeping it as a spare if no replacement is available and if I ever need to use it, to mount it on the rear passenger side and forget about it.

Since a replacement for this damaged wheel is not available, I think I will just have to box it up and put it in my shop attic as my spare.

It's better than no spare at all.

$hit happens. :hysterical:

Look up

seller:emustangparts

You will find everything he has listed. Having trouble linking with my iPhone.

Thanks I found it. That is one spendy set of wheels.

As much as I hate to let my spare go....I will let UPS take it and see what transpires. A spare is important to me and to be honest with you, since I am not a KR owner I knew that if I did not have a spare, that I would not be able to get a replacement down the road from SA. When I ordered my wheels and my wife's wheels the pull down menu would not let me buy a spare. There were some singles on e-bay at that time, so I was going to buy one there, but buy Ford racing said they would throw one on my order for $299. If I could not get a spare....I would not of ordered the wheels. That's just me !

i agree it's bullsheet to ship wheels like these wheels are being shipped :censored:

A UPS claims person is supposed to contact me Monday and make arrangements to come out to my house. They want to see the damaged rim and boxs.

I have them staged in my shop for them to look at. I truley think that since they were heavy (70 pounds) that the delivery guys rolled then end to end to move them. You can see how crushed the corners are. I put one of the ford racing boxs back in the brown box and the KR rim on top of it so the UPS inspector can see the hole in the card board and inner card board protector and the bare rim edge exposed to get trashed when they rolled and kicked the boxs end to end like a soccer ball.

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

Archived