TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

I contacted Yeoman's Ford yesterday to check the status on my wheels. He first said (as the ebay ad indicates) that it could take 10 days to process as they are going through each and every wheel inspecting them for any defects. Intold him i wanted perfect wheels. I asked him if he has any more sets and he said we have very few left. My take on this : they sold there first allotment so fast they realized they could have gotten much more money for them. My guess , they will put the remaining sets on ebay for a much higher price. I told him I was a KR owner asked if he had other KR parts and he said he also had the suspension package ,shifter, a few rear wings. He was sold out of the brake duct kit. Anybody receive their wheels yet?.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't received anything yet. I purchased my wheels on August 7th, the ebay listing said: Delivery 11 to 15 business days and I was sent an ebay generated email saying to expect delivery between August 22 and August 28.

Got my wheels yesterday. I was going to wait until spring to mount them but my son mounted his yesterday and they look great, so I ordered my Nittos last night. I heard that all 96 rims that were ordered at Trueblueracing were sold. Hey KR664, I tried to email you back, but it wouldn't go through. I ran into the people that were behind me and they told me that the guy in charge wouldn't let Chip Foose pose for anymore pictures. I don't know what happened later , but I also heard that he stayed till 6:30 to sign stuff. Like I said before, what a nice and polite man. Ed P.S. Sometimes having kids has perks!!! (We got moved to the front because Chip didn't want the kids to wait in line long)

Congrats on getting your wheels. I did finally get a tracking number. Mine were suppose to be delivered yesterday. I will call UPS to get an update. I too have heard the wheels are getting scarce. I watched a set on ebay sell for $2500!. Chip is great. Glad he is a car guy.

I too have heard the wheels are getting scarce. I watched a set on ebay sell for $2500!

I've seen sets sell for WAY more than that, on and off of e-bay.

I think the last set I saw listed on e-bay (but were sold off of e-bay) sold for $3500 but that was before Shelby released their excess inventory and before this latest inventory reduction sale by Ford/FRPP.

If/when I sell my set (to replace them with the 20" SS style Alcoa's I have) I'll be looking to get $2000.oo for the set, which is what I paid for them (sans tires).

Under $1000 for a brand NEW set is a hell of a steal/deal and $2500 is probably 'about right'! (IMHO)

Phill

You guys hyping-up prices :runaway: makes me shake my head. It's almost like some people enjoy this stuff more if it costs more. :spend:

Price for a set of 4 rims with sensors and tires from Shelby last year for KR owners was $1500. Stop quoting 2010 prices like it's relevant anymore.

I'm glad I didn't pay $122k for my KR. I would buy a set of spare wheels for <$1k if they come up again. I am not mad at Ford Racing for selling them (the ship has left the dock, and it's time to clear the shelves). I still own a real KR, and most of the people that buys these wheels don't. :tease:

Price for a set of 4 rims with sensors and tires from Shelby last year for KR owners was $1500. Stop quoting 2010 prices like it's relevant anymore.

The only relevant price is the price someone is willing to pay. Like shelbyKR664 said someone just bought a set for $2,500.

kr wheels are staggered. there only giving one size. posers r us wheels.

The wheels are not staggered it just has larger tires in the back.

Got mine today. They are perfect. They were wrapped like 5 times in bubble wrap and boxed. I put them next to my original wheels (767miles) and they look so much brighter. I am super happy with this deal. I also got my SVT certificate today. Took longer than expected but me happy, happy happy!

WOW!! Mine arrived today, and they look awesome!

I'm going to order 2 tires for the rears - BFGs Sport Comp-2 in 275/40/18 is what I'm thinking about.

I may look at some other options that will go up to 285/35/18 just so that the tire size will almost be 100% equal to the existing 255s that I have on all 4 corners now....only problem with that is the BFGs don't have a 285 size available for 18inch.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Andy.

WTF

I am livid. The rims arrived to day and I will let you see for your selves.

When I called they said they bought them new directly from Shelby. I said “No you bought them from Ford not Shelby”. They were adamant that they came from Shelby. Anyways they don’t have any more left so they can’t even replace them. Fuming!!!!!

Bought them from Gary Yeomans Parts Super Center on eBay. (gyfordparts)

020_zps3ad2155a.jpg

021_zps27d94375.jpg

023_zpsad7be062.jpg

025_zps025e355c.jpg

WTF

I am livid. The rims arrived to day and I will let you see for your selves.

When I called they said they bought them new directly from Shelby. I said “No you bought them from Ford not Shelby”. They were adamant that they came from Shelby. Anyways they don’t have any more left so they can’t even replace them. Fuming!!!!!

Bought them from Gary Yeomans Parts Super Center on eBay. (gyfordparts)

020_zps3ad2155a.jpg

021_zps27d94375.jpg

023_zpsad7be062.jpg

025_zps025e355c.jpg

I hate to tell you this but those are NOT *new* rims.

Note the scratches on the spoke (top pic).

Mine had a little ding like that too. I suspected it was from when the tires were mounted to the rims. Shelby sold them with rims AND tires, Ford only sold them as bare rims.

Phill

I HAVE TO SAY, THESE LOOK JUST LIKE MY DAMAGED WHEEL THAT I RETURNED TO SHELBY IN APRIL THIS YEAR AFTER IT WAS DAMAGED WHEN I HIT A CURB. SHELBY MADE ME SEND THEM BACK BEFORE THEY WOULD SHIP ME NEW ONES. I OFTEN WONDERED WHAT THEY DID WITH THE DAMAGE RETURNS.

Here is another question. One of the three rims has a mark similar to the 20” SS rims I have. The one with the mark appears to have a different finish on it. It is less brilliant than the other three and my original KR rims. What does this mark designate?

029_zpsb5aec2ab.jpg

031_zps86323b70.jpg

Sheppd01,

Holy cow....you had me worried as I only opened one box to check, so I just ran over to my storage area and checked the other 3 boxes. Mine are all OK and completely matching set of brand new rims.

None of mine has that strange symbol on them that you had on one of your rims.

Are you going to send them back?

Andy.

Whew! Lots of wild guesses flying around here! Let me help.

1. Ford Racing sold these wheels. We built the cars, but Ford has ownership interest in the parts kept back for warranty and service.

2. That damaged wheel does look used. Maybe a warranty return got mixed in? Stuff like that could happen, I've seen stranger things. Call your dealer, and if they don't have any more wheels, give them my email address. I'll see if I have something to take care of you. No worries.

3. That "strange symbol" is "DB", the Durabrite logo.

Jer

3. That "strange symbol" is "DB", the Durabrite logo.

Jer

Yep, db = dura bright.

But Jer, why do some have it and some don't? I can't remember but I'll look...I don't think *my* KR wheels (sourced from Shelby LV) have it, but I *have* seen others that do.

I've always wondered....

To the OP: Did you get the 4 KR center caps with all 4 wheels and/or was the one you have in the pic missing?

Phill

Now they say I have to pay to have them shipped back because I opened the box. The funny thing is I opened ONE box saw the damage and called to complain. The guy on the phone told me to open to the other boxes to check those rims.

Then they had the audacity to complain about me leaving them negative feedback because they were going to refund my money.

Gary Yeomans Ford (gyfordpart) buyer beware!

Now they say I have to pay to have them shipped back because I opened the box. The funny thing is I opened ONE box saw the damage and called to complain. The guy on the phone told me to open to the other boxes to check those rims.

Then they had the audacity to complain about me leaving them negative feedback because they were going to refund my money.

Gary Yeomans Ford (gyfordpart) buyer beware!

Edit

The guy on the phone said they opened every box to check the rims before shipping. Bull****

Archived