TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

I never disclosed that info publicly on Team Shelby. There would be no way of you knowing that info unless you unscrupulously ascertained it from a private source.

So I ask again Jer, how did you get my private info? And why would you attempt to intimidate me with it?

John,

Who said anything about Team Shelby?

Do you REALLY not remember having a conversation years ago?

Jer

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would that have been a private conversation? And what is the purpose of bringing it up here, aside to intimidate or cause harm?

There's a reason forum sites offer anonymity and why 99% of the people out there choose that. There's also a reason why you want me to call you on the phone...because you know that there are a lot of KR owners who lurk without posting but want to know the truth to the questions I am not afraid to ask.

Just admit it: Shelby was 50% owner of the KR wheels that Ford Racing sold, and you knew in-advance and condoned them being released without first attempting to preserve the exclusivity to KR owners. Boom, done!

I can't believe that some folks are still so hurt about this. Aren't we talking about a Ford Mustang here? One of the most mass-produced cars ever?

If you really want exclusive, either build it yourself or get a single car custom designed and built for you, and you alone.

I'm actually glad that the remaining KR bits found their way to the public. It'll keep more unaware folks asking "just what is a KR?". That will make our KRs more revered and feel more exclusive.

We already know that no more '08-'09 KRs will ever be built, not even with these recently escaped parts.

I'm actually glad that the remaining KR bits found their way to the public.

I wouldn't go as far as saying "I'm glad", but you can go back and quote me where I say it's understandable that stocked parts will eventually filter into the general public at some point. But that's not the problem...

...the problem is that the price you and I paid for our KR's was inflated based on a level of offered exclusivity. I didn't invent that exclusivity...Shelby did. And since that exclusivity inflated the price, it is just as tangible as a physical component of the car itself. The KR's are arguably one of the most successful programs to come out of SAI in recent history, and without coincidence also happened at the same time that SAI saw it's largest revenue. It is therefore extremely discouraging that Shelby could have made better decisions at the time they learned that the extra KR wheels needed to move off the shelves and didn't. Although I think Shelby's BEST move would've been to spend the $40k to buy the rims even though they didn't want more them on their shelves, proactively starting an honest thread to announce the circumstance beforehand which costs nothing would have said a lot about the credibility of the company, and also how they might empathize with KR owners about the impending reality that KR-labeled parts were going to hit the market (remember, this thread was started by someone saying "WTF?"). Consistently adding salt to the wound is Jer, who's off-tangent answers that tip-toe around the specific question being asked on a regular basis is insulting for non-sheeple who see past the fluff. As if Shelby owners aren't smart enough to realize that he sounds like a politician dodging the questions.

In summary, it really has nothing to do with the wheels. It has to do with SAI's decisions and how they value people who own their product. I'll bet that if Carroll Shelby said it was exclusive, he'd stake is name on keeping it exclusive if he were here. How quickly the ship turns off course when the captain is away from the wheel. *sigh*

Jer, how did you get my private info? And why do you attempt to intimidate me with it?

:fear:

I wouldn't go as far as saying "I'm glad", but you can go back and quote me where I say it's understandable that stocked parts will eventually filter into the general public at some point. But that's not the problem...

...the problem is that the price you and I paid for our KR's was inflated based on a level of offered exclusivity. I didn't invent that exclusivity...Shelby did. And since that exclusivity inflated the price, it is just as tangible as a physical component of the car itself. The KR's are arguably one of the most successful programs to come out of SAI in recent history, and without coincidence also happened at the same time that SAI saw it's largest revenue. It is therefore extremely discouraging that Shelby could have made better decisions at the time they learned that the extra KR wheels needed to move off the shelves and didn't. Although I think Shelby's BEST move would've been to spend the $40k to buy the rims even though they didn't want more them on their shelves, proactively starting an honest thread to announce the circumstance beforehand which costs nothing would have said a lot about the credibility of the company, and also how they might empathize with KR owners about the impending reality that KR-labeled parts were going to hit the market (remember, this thread was started by someone saying "WTF?"). Consistently adding salt to the wound is Jer, who's off-tangent answers that tip-toe around the specific question being asked on a regular basis is insulting for non-sheeple who see past the fluff. As if Shelby owners aren't smart enough to realize that he sounds like a politician dodging the questions.

In summary, it really has nothing to do with the wheels. It has to do with SAI's decisions and how they value people who own their product. I'll bet that if Carroll Shelby said it was exclusive, he'd stake is name on keeping it exclusive if he were here. How quickly the ship turns off course when the captain is away from the wheel. *sigh*

:boring::ohsnap::future::baby: :cry: :kookie:

Lighten up JDB. My username is my real name. Why? Because if I post something, I have no problem putting my name on it. It was long before I had any official capacity here or any other forums. There is no respect garnered in anonymity.

My hunch is that if Shelby had anything further to add to this topic, it would have been already done. Surely you know this, so it leads to question your motives here.

You insult us as sheepish customers and then claim to champion our battle where there is none. If you simply mean to say we are somewhat homers to Shelby, then, yes, we are. You say you are familiar with forums, but you always find a certain amount of homer ism in any forum. Go to a GM owned forum, and I bet a dollar to a penny you can't find 10 guys there that can put together a kind word for the KR. Or any other mustang.

You say Shelby didnt fight with their 50% on this, but you don't know what they did. Your marriage is 50-50, right? But if your wife says she wants to do something, I bet your 50% turns into about 2%. Sometimes its not worth a fight to save the marriage, correct? Maybe Shelby bent to Fords demands to save a relationship they need to thrive. What purpose would it serve to say that here? I really don't know the story behind it, but my point is we aren't gonna find out through insult and accusation.

Im sorry you are so terribly bitter about rims. Its sad really.

If it kills you that you didnt get to sit at the big boy table and have input on car part dispersal you didnt even buy new, that's too bad.

But just because I buy my little girl a Barbie doesn't mean I should have input on what goes to clearance on the Toys-R-Us rack. I can't explain it any simpler than that.

Let me tell you JDB, as someone working with Shelby and directly with Ford I can tell you, Jer nor anyone else in SA could have demanded Ford not sell off the KR wheels. Your rants and insinuations are way off base. And yes, I know this. Honestly, I believe you own him an apology. At a minimum, let this die the death it so much deserves

Dubbs, since you're not a KR owner, I wouldn't care what you say anymore than I would care what 10 guys in a GM forum would think about a Mustang.

I can't explain it any simpler than that.

I will not apologize to anyone for my opinion Tim. And I seriously doubt you are so special to be privy to inside information that says no executive could not have influenced the disbursement of those wheels. But if you want to believe what you've been told in private, more power to you. You sound like just the type of guy I was referring to.

JDB,

How about I take you to the store and buy you some ice cream. What flavor do you like? Would that make you feel better?

I'm not feeling that great this evening, and a bowl of Orange Sherbet would cheer me up. :)

I'm not feeling that great this evening, and a bowl of Orange Sherbet would cheer me up. :)

Lmao- topped with troll sprinkles.

It is kinda entertaining in a watch someone else's toddler have a meltdown tantrum in a public place kind of way.

I just ordered 2 KR handling kits for my car and my wifes car. They were dirt cheap. $167 each...shipped from this same KR wheel dealer. Can't wait to get them on our cars and feel the better handling and the lowered look will set off my KR wheels :)

• Fits 2007 - 2010 Mustang Shelby GT500
  • Original equipment on 2008 - 2009 Mustang Shelby GT500KR®
  • Stiffness enhanced with wheel rates 17 percent higher in the front and 7 percent higher in the rear
  • Includes front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs
  • Ford Racing P/N: M-23000-KR
  • Free shipping applies to the continental USA only.

Way too many grumpy butts here. I've said this about a few trolls here, and I hope I never have the opportunity to meet the grumpy butt that hides behind the name JDB. I'm sure I won't like him. He probably won't like me either but ask me if I care :) If you want to improve that situation I hear that personality transplants are available on line (usually from Nigeria) but the rejection rate is quite high.

I just ordered 2 KR handling kits for my car and my wifes car. They were dirt cheap. $167 each...shipped from this same KR wheel dealer. Can't wait to get them on our cars and feel the better handling and the lowered look will set off my KR wheels :)

• Fits 2007 - 2010 Mustang Shelby GT500
  • Original equipment on 2008 - 2009 Mustang Shelby GT500KR®
  • Stiffness enhanced with wheel rates 17 percent higher in the front and 7 percent higher in the rear
  • Includes front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs
  • Ford Racing P/N: M-23000-KR
  • Free shipping applies to the continental USA only.

:rob_grabber::hysterical::camera:

Dubbs, since you're not a KR owner, I wouldn't care what you say anymore than I would care what 10 guys in a GM forum would think about a Mustang.

I will not apologize to anyone for my opinion Tim. And I seriously doubt you are so special to be privy to inside information that says no executive could not have influenced the disbursement of those wheels. But if you want to believe what you've been told in private, more power to you. You sound like just the type of guy I was referring to.

Your apology should not be for your opinion. I happen to agree with you in the fact, I wish Ford would have not released these without contacting Shelby American and KR owners. But as someone has already said, I'm not going to continue to worry about something I have no influence over. Your apology should be for accusing Jer and SA without knowledge of what has transpired. Ford is a huge company who's only purpose is to make money selling cars. I'm sure they will listen to Shelby but, the fact is, they are going to do what they feel is right for Ford and its shareholders. Now, do us all a favor, go out and find a nice ZL-1

I happen to agree with you in the fact, I wish Ford would have not released these without contacting Shelby American...

If you believe Ford Racing didn't contact Shelby first when Shelby is half-owner of the wheels, then more power to you. Just because Shelby didn't actually sell the wheels doesn't mean they didn't give their blessing for Ford Racing to sell them.

A dissatisfied customer is not a troll. The only troll here is Grabber...but I've said before that I don't care about non-branded KR parts (except for the hood).

Regardless, it's a PR nightmare that shows bad business practice when you have multiple Shelby Regional Director's, site Moderator, and even SAI Vice President antagonizing a customer who is simply asking for public acknowledgement of the truth. Ultimately it doesn't matter because I doubt an "exclusive" program will ever be offered again, and it was a PR nightmare long before I chimed in starting with the hoods.

...antagonizing a customer who is simply asking for public acknowledgement of the truth...

No offense intended, JDB, but I think that you're one of the very few who really cares about why these bits were offered to the public.

To me, and probably most other KR owners, the KR was simply the top of the line and best factory Mustang you could get from your Ford dealer, at the time. Basically, the fully optioned out model, which happened to be finished off at the real Shelby plant instead of Flat Rock. Yes, it was lots more expensive, but we paid because we wanted the top model. It's still just a Mustang.

I hope you enjoy yours before you're too old to drive it. I've done some nice road trips in mine. :)

And now for some troll fodder: Grabber, I think you're going to like the KR springs and dampers. Not too soft, not too harsh. They're just right for a GT that gets used on long trips. :)

And now for some troll fodder: Grabber, I think you're going to like the KR springs and dampers. Not too soft, not too harsh. They're just right for a GT that gets used on long trips. :)

Thanks. It's going to be a spring project that I need to hire out. I need to finish researching what other parts I am going to need and order them too.

...I think that you're one of the very few who really cares about why these bits were offered to the public.

Let me remind you that this thread was started by someone who said "WTF?". There's a stronger sentiment out there than you might think.

And no, no offense taken.

Let me remind you that this thread was started by someone who said "WTF?". There's a stronger sentiment out there than you might think.

And no, no offense taken.

I really think you're over estimating the number of KR owners that care. There is a very small percentage of owners participating here (maybe 10%, probably less). Some may lurk but their lack of participation says alot. Most owners don't even know about this forum.

If you believe Ford Racing didn't contact Shelby first when Shelby is half-owner of the wheels, then more power to you. Just because Shelby didn't actually sell the wheels doesn't mean they didn't give their blessing for Ford Racing to sell them.

A dissatisfied customer is not a troll. The only troll here is Grabber...but I've said before that I don't care about non-branded KR parts (except for the hood).

Regardless, it's a PR nightmare that shows bad business practice when you have multiple Shelby Regional Director's, site Moderator, and even SAI Vice President antagonizing a customer who is simply asking for public acknowledgement of the truth. Ultimately it doesn't matter because I doubt an "exclusive" program will ever be offered again, and it was a PR nightmare long before I chimed in starting with the hoods.

:detective::cry:

I really think you're over estimating the number of KR owners that care.

The majority participating in this thread do not own a GT500KR, and comments from them are completely irrelevant IMO (yourself included).

If you have any additional questions, my long-standing offer STILL stands: Call me at (702)-942-7325 X143. Without direct phone contact from you, I will consider this matter closed, and handle it as such.

Thank you,

Jer

I don't have an opinion on the wheels, because I don't have a KR. My post was simply to steer you in the direction of getting the answer you most desperately seek, and if you just took the invitation from Jer I quoted at the top of the post to pick up a phone and ask, you might be an informed KR owner, instead of one feeling left in the dark. Some information is not for open discussion. This is clearly one of those instances, or Jer or a staff member would have accommodated you with a public answer. Instead you ignore his offer and insult and attack him. Jer has done much more for the brand in his role as both an employee and a Shelby owner then you have, and he goes above and beyond constantly. You will find he has many friends here.

Oh, and Certain members here ARE privy, and have spent years DEVELOPING relationships in the business instead of doing whatever they can to avoid them. You could be privy too if you put a tiny bit of effort in being respectful and treat others how you want to be treated.

The majority participating in this thread do not own a GT500KR, and comments from them are completely irrelevant IMO (yourself included).

That's right, most don't own a KR, but most own a Shelby, and one thing that has served me VERY well over the years, is I treat every Shelby member with the same respect, be they own a Shelby Daytona all the way to a Shelby clone.

I would not be surprised if this thread gets shut down, all because you can't take "pick up the phone and call me" as a valid answer.

I don't know about Shelby, but I sure wouldnt want "that kind" of customer. Sheesh.

If they're willing to share the answer in a private phone conversation, why not share it to the general public?

Obviously the Vice President of Shelby has no problem sharing MY private info with the public, so why not share info about an inanimate object?

It has to do with SAI's decisions and how they value people who own their product.

Get this through your head...IT ISN'T *THEIR* PRODUCT. It's FORD'S PRODUCT. Remember, you bought a PRE-TITLE car, not a POST title.

You seem to think you are entitled to inside information simply because you bought a G-Damn KR. Hell, even SA SHARE HOLDERS aren't entitled to that information and they own part of the BUSINESS, not just a car.

I'm stunned and shocked at your audacity and arrogance.

Phill

Archived