TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

BTW what do you guys think of the new Viper????

I like the look of the new Viper. I wouldn't trade my KR for one, althought having the opportunity to have both would be great.

Regarding the KR wheels, I also don't like the fact that these were made available at large after SAI told us repeatedly that these were exclusive parts, that proof of ownership was needed to order a spare set, etc. Having said that, congrats to those who bought a set. Nothing wrong in purchasing them once they were offered for sale as far as I'm concerned. I probably would have done so myself if these would have been available at that price a few years back, while I had a GT500 instead of a KR.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does KonaBlue know for sure Ford just happened to have a stock of these wheels? I'm not saying they didn't. I don't know but I would like to know how he knows beyond just speculating.

Since this was addressed specifically to me, I will answer:

When asking a question of my students (I'm also a former Auto Vo-Tech instructor) I liked to tell them, "If you say 'I think', it really means you don't KNOW." Thinking you have the answer doesn't mean you KNOW the answer...

So, having said that I will start by saying, "I THINK" Ford had a stock of these wheels, I DON'T *KNOW*. My 'thinking' they had them in inventory/stock is based on the fact that FORD sold the GT500KR (PRE-TITLE car) and FORD is the company that has to Warranty a KR, *NOT* Shelby American; That would mean that FORD was required to maintain stock of KR parts, in the event of a warranty issue. I also seem to THINK I remember Jer saying something to the effect of, FRPP didn't get them from SA/him.

Again, I *think* (too lazy to read this entire thread again).

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. People have tried to get warranty work done on their KR at a Ford dealer and a Service Writer told them they had to go to Shelby for warranty work/parts. NOT TRUE. By *law*, Ford Motor Company is required to fulfill warranty work (it is a CONTRACT between the buyer and FoMoCo).

A example of Ford stocking KR exclusive parts; I wanted to put a set of "wings" on my car. I knew the KR's have the winged base (not sure of the right term) so I went to my local Ford dealer to see if I could get one. He had a FORD part number for it, and showed he could get it, but said it was a restricted part and could not sell it to me without proof of (KR) ownership. He did NOT tell me to go to Shelby American for it, he said he had it, or could get it via FoMoCo.

So yeah, much assumption on MY part. I can't speak for others.

Oh, and Jer/SA would be foolish to address this issue. Silence is better than a foot in the mouth.

Phill

Evan,

Don't confuse "Shelby is being silent" with "Shelby doesn't engage in Internet threads after they have become insulting, inflammatory, vulgar, or clearly just tabloid-style trash". Once a thread turns that way, I'm out.

Jer,

A bit of unsolicited advice; Don't take the bait.

Phill

First, above the photograph, assuming it accurately depicts a pallet of KR wheels (which in all fairness there are issues with it such as: we can't see or can't see where it is; how it got there or even who put the sticker on it; who made the sticker/where did it come from; or that they are even KR wheels, etc..) but just assuming the photo is accurate it clearly would tend to indicate that both SAI and Ford had an ownership or other "possessory interest" in the wheels beginning at some point and logically starting from time of manufacture.

No need to assume.

KRwheelsfrompallet-Copy.jpg

I'd spill the beans on the wheel source but I haven't had a Snickers in far too long and I need to get back to protecting the bridge. Plus, it would fail to spread happiness among the herd.

Once a thread turns that way, I'm out.

Jer

I'll word this more politely now that you've engaged...

Real One and I are saying the exact same thing...but just in two different styles. This thread is probably already in the top 5% of Team Shelby thread page views. Maybe the topic will (or already has) hit other Mustang forums. If you think there are only 2 existing KR owners reading this thread looking for the same answers, then you are really short sighted.

I know you really dislike reliving past issues that didn't go SAI's way, but then why do you do the same thing by ignoring the visible and lurking KR owners in this thread today? Do you really think they are all going to PM or call you for your summary that can be more easily sugar-coated in private? This is exactly why we have internet forums. If SAI didn't do all they could have in this situation, just say so and we can all go forward.

I'ts relevant to remind you that I love my KR, and that I am still a Shelby customer in that I buy into the brand, the brand image, and (as always) possibly a future purchase. As you know, there is a finite size to your market, even on the best day. (Ironically, that "best day" appears to be the year SAI built the KR's according to your financials, so big food for thought with how well that bodes for how SAI handles issues like this today)

Even at the beginning of this thread, the sale of the wheels is a secondary issue. Water under the bridge. But, your avoiding the answers in a public forum do not paint a good perception for SAI. Real One posed the same questions and in a more polite way, so why don't you quote from him rather than me and go down the list so we can all move on.

P.S. does it really surprise you that the incredible-majority support for you/SAI in this thread is coming from non-KR owners? They're the ones who benefited from the situation.

Thank you

But, your avoiding the answers in a public forum do not paint a good perception for SAI.

Oh, I SOOOO disagree with this. One thing I learned when going from a Auto Repair Tech to a Auto Repair Instructor was what "Professionalism" was. There are certain things a Professional won't do, and this situation (IMO) is one of them.

Heck, we are SOOO lucky to have SA employees address us in a public forum in AT ALL, in ANY context but to think that they should discuss the business, or business decisions of SA is just plain crazy.

Frankly, I thought Amy Boylan was foolish to address some of the issues she did, on this forum. That is NOT professional conduct.

And that is one of the reasons I hold Roger Sorel in such high regard. He was the consummate professional, both in public and in private PM's.

Roger knew when to shut-up and I think Jer has taken a lesson from Roger.

JMHO,

Phill

Guys, guys, guys...

Exclusivity (GT500KR) and its halo effect on other products (SuperSnake, GT350, licensing deals for shirts/keychains/product placement in movies, etc) have nothing to do with being tight lipped about the current issue of product dumping. Silence about proprietary business secrets or other corporate intellectual property is not what has been under contention here. Open and honest dialog with your customers is the first principle of good business practices. It seems many KR owners were surprised at the lack of open-faced communication on the part of SAI. And although I don't own a KR this dustup has allowed the case to be presented to the forum readers at large. It seems that a number of them agree with the position that someone from SAI should have said something at sometime before the parts were released.

In any event, my great idea stands: let's make Tob a mod and he'll get Jer to talk. Nothing against Rob (love your GT500s w/the KR wheels btw: no sarcasm) but Tob has BIG WORDS. His version of bamboo under the fingernails or one of his dad's eyelid speculums and a hypodermic to the cornea.

His version of bamboo under the fingernails or one of his dad's eyelid speculums and a hypodermic to the cornea.

LOL

Phill

If you think there are only 2 existing KR owners reading this thread looking for the same answers, then you are really short sighted.

Youre not alone. Unfortunately this thread about KR rims has become unfriendly to KR owners and some might not want to defend themselves on how much they paid for their car or their perceived elitist beliefs.

My car has the KR symbol on it 24 times. The Shelby name is on it 43 times. I shamelessly promote Shelby everywhere I go. I would like to think this company that many of us hold in high esteem would be able to tell us how pallets of brand new restricted parts showed up on eBay.

edit

Everyone throwing out how and why they think it happened is why this thread as gone to crap. It might have been prevented if there was a response.

Oh, I SOOOO disagree with this. One thing I learned when going from a Auto Repair Tech to a Auto Repair Instructor was what "Professionalism" was. There are certain things a Professional won't do, and this situation (IMO) is one of them.

Heck, we are SOOO lucky to have SA employees address us in a public forum in AT ALL, in ANY context but to think that they should discuss the business, or business decisions of SA is just plain crazy.

Frankly, I thought Amy Boylan was foolish to address some of the issues she did, on this forum. That is NOT professional conduct.

And that is one of the reasons I hold Roger Sorel in such high regard. He was the consummate professional, both in public and in private PM's.

Roger knew when to shut-up and I think Jer has taken a lesson from Roger.

JMHO,

Phill

Uh, Phil, they (SAI) created this forum and actively participate all the time. I don't consider us lucky they are participating. They should be participating. This entire forum is for their benefit as much as our enjoyment.

I agree 100% with JDB in the fact that I thinhk SAI should give KR owners an explanation of how all these KR exclusive wheels ended up be sold to the public in a mass sale. I can't understand how they don't know and can't shed light on it. To me it's called customer/fan loyalty which in my eyes is a two way street. It has nothing to do with "taking any bait". It has to with keeping your customer/fan base happy and explaining what happened when something that we all believed was not going to happen and was not going to be allowed to happen...well happened. Just explain to me why a brief statement of explanation would be "unprofessional" in this situation because candidly your statement lacks any sense to me. If I am operating under some misunderstanding that KR wheels were to be kept exclusive along with the KR hood and splitter and badges please enlighten me and straighten me out on this. I will gladly stand corrected here.

If SAI chooses not to explain on a public forum to KR owners that's up to them. I my view their failure to do so does not make them look good and leads to more speculation. That's IMHO. Others may disagree. Others my think they look great and owe no explanation. A simple explanation would do and as far as I am concerned if plausible would be accepted at face value by me. Again, that's me and they can choose not to provide any explanation. Up to them.

Jer, I also fail to see where any of my posts were disrespectful, vulgar, or insulting. Please be specific where that happened and I will gladly apologize. While I appreciate all you have done and you have been very helpful to Brandon, which we appreciate and SAI always did the right thing by me in the past I must say that I was very disappointed to see what we always understood to be protected/exclusive KR parts and likely one of the most key identifying components of the KR short of the KR hood going up on Ebay in a fire sale in bulk. That just doesn't sit right with me. Sorry. Maybe I'm in the minority but that's how I see it. I think some consideration should have been given to KR owners. Call me crazy but under the circumstances and the fact that certain parts were supposed to be exclusive to the KR that's how I see. it. As a KR owner I just feel a "wee bit" slighted by this if SAI had anything to do with it or allowed it to occur the way it did and could have stopped it or restricted it to KR owners at least for a period of time and didn't or didn't try.

If SAI had nothing to do with it and didn't know. That's fine. Just say so. If SAI decided we don't care about KR owners and want to sell 100 KR wheels or allow 100 KR wheels to be sold or whatever that's SAI prerogative but a heads up to KR owners would have been nice. No?

Jer, a couple questions I hope you can answer. Are the KR wheels still in SAI possession still restricted to KR owners? Do you anticipate that they also will find their way to Ebay like the 100 KR wheels that were just sold any time in the near future??? If so, will KR owners be given first crack at them?

I still love my Shelbys though.

I'll word this more politely now that you've engaged...

Real One and I are saying the exact same thing...but just in two different styles. This thread is probably already in the top 5% of Team Shelby thread page views. Maybe the topic will (or already has) hit other Mustang forums. If you think there are only 2 existing KR owners reading this thread looking for the same answers, then you are really short sighted.

I know you really dislike reliving past issues that didn't go SAI's way, but then why do you do the same thing by ignoring the visible and lurking KR owners in this thread today? Do you really think they are all going to PM or call you for your summary that can be more easily sugar-coated in private? This is exactly why we have internet forums. If SAI didn't do all they could have in this situation, just say so and we can all go forward.

I'ts relevant to remind you that I love my KR, and that I am still a Shelby customer in that I buy into the brand, the brand image, and (as always) possibly a future purchase. As you know, there is a finite size to your market, even on the best day. (Ironically, that "best day" appears to be the year SAI built the KR's according to your financials, so big food for thought with how well that bodes for how SAI handles issues like this today)

Even at the beginning of this thread, the sale of the wheels is a secondary issue. Water under the bridge. But, your avoiding the answers in a public forum do not paint a good perception for SAI. Real One posed the same questions and in a more polite way, so why don't you quote from him rather than me and go down the list so we can all move on.

P.S. does it really surprise you that the incredible-majority support for you/SAI in this thread is coming from non-KR owners? They're the ones who benefited from the situation.

Thank you

So who did you and Real One buy your KRs from? Shelby or Ford? My guess is that you bought from Ford. Since you bought from Ford why don't you ask Ford your questions about the wheels. Why are you picking on SAI?

So who did you and Real One buy your KRs from? Shelby or Ford? My guess is that you bought from Ford. Since you bought from Ford why don't you ask Ford your questions about the wheels. Why are you picking on SAI?

This is a picture of a KR sitting at SA. You may notice there is not a single KR part on it. That's how Ford sent them to Shelby, and if you go by the window sticker they were not even legal to sale until Shelby converted them into KRs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well...because as Sheppd1 said implicitly I'll say explicitly. There were a number of parts on the KR that were supposed to be KR exclusive parts controlled and protected by SHELBY to my understanding (if I am wrong about this they can correct us) not Ford and the KR wheels were without doubt on that exclusive list. The car also came with two window stickers one Ford and one Shelby. The Sticker from Shelby clearly lists all those items and alterations performed by Shelby American to transform standard GT500 into KR's. On that list of parts on the Shelby American window sticker conspicuously appears "Shelby Forged" 18" Alcoa wheels.

The "Shelby" window sticker showed a price of $33,000.00 and over $35,000.00 with the gas guzzler tax.

I think this should answer your question.

I'm not picking on SAI. I am asking them what happened. I seriously doubt there are only a few of us that would like to know. If they choose not to answer thats fine but troubling in my mind. They can also respond by simply using three words "we don't know".

Captain Beyond: Thanks.

Cheers.

This is a picture of a KR sitting at SA. You may notice there is not a single KR part on it. That's how Ford sent them to Shelby, and if you go by the window sticker they were not even legal to sale until Shelby converted them into KRs.

To be fair, the cars were then shipped to Ford Dealer franchises who then sold them. ASC did the same for the McLaren Capri/Mustang. Kar Kraft did some interesting work on Ford Mustangs (including the Boss 429) which involved vehicles being delivered to them for modification and once completed were sold through the Ford Dealer network as well. The details of each vehicle Ford has done this with have differed but much of the methodology has been similar.

Well...because as Sheppd1 said implicitly I'll say explicitly. There were a number of parts on the KR that were supposed to be KR exclusive parts controlled and protected by SHELBY to my understanding (if I am wrong about this they can correct us) not Ford and the KR wheels were without doubt on that exclusive list. The car also came with two window stickers one Ford and one Shelby. The Sticker from Shelby clearly lists all those items and alterations performed by Shelby American to transform standard GT500 into KR's. On that list of parts on the Shelby American window sticker conspicuously appears "Shelby Forged" 18" Alcoa wheels.

The "Shelby" window sticker showed a price of $33,000.00 and over $35,000.00 with the gas guzzler tax.

I think this should answer your question.

I'm not picking on SAI. I am asking them what happened. I seriously doubt there are only a few of us that would like to know. If they choose not to answer thats fine but troubling in my mind. They can also respond by simply using three words "we don't know".

Captain Beyond: Thanks.

Cheers.

REAL ONE, the "sticker" you are referring to, this one?

DSC08463-1.jpg

You stated "The Sticker from Shelby clearly lists all those items and alterations performed by Shelby American to transform standard GT500 into KR's." Two genuinely functional items that aren't on that list were the axle reservoir and the ribbed axle cover. Those most definitely are Shelby KR only items but nobody makes a stink about them being sold. The reservoir shows that during development it was recognized that the standard axle breather was burping fluid. Shelby took the fix on when even Ford wouldn't. When Ford finally did via their turkey baster it didn't entirely fix the problem. The remote reservoir was a better idea, as much as the execution in terms of fabrication may not have been of the highest standards. Gotta give Shelby credit for pushing that one through and doing it on their own. The axle cover Shelby used on the KR (not all of them however) was another. It added a measure of strength to the axle assembly, allowed cooler fluid temperatures, as well as much better service access via the two threaded plugs.

KRaxlereservoir.jpg

KRcover4.jpg

Again, both of the above offer a genuine performance improvement over what was offered by Ford (or the lack thereof) on the standard GT500. The wheels offer no performance improvement over the standard version but to many are easier on the eyes. So forgive me, but the issue to some seems to be with items that offer little or no functional improvement, while there isn't much of an issue with items that actually deliver better performance (the CAI kit, the shifter, etc). Just an observation.

Yes thank you again for bring up these parts and how they are available to anyone. We know that. We are aware that as the years have gone by more and more of these parts have been available for everyone to purchase.

This thread is about KR engraved rims.

We have a question about pallets of those being released.

Please forgive me if I'd missed this somewhere in the 24 pages of this thread (so far), but can anyone state definitavely that they know where these wheels came from? Before they got offered up by Ford Racing, were they stored at 1) ALCOA, and maybe Ford or Shelby just didn't want to take delivery previously (?), or 2) stored at Ford, and they no longer wanted to sit on 'em, or 3) at SAI, and they just hadn't been selling?

What's the real story with these?

If they were leftovers at ALCOA, were they possibly "seconds" and slightly flawed in some way? - Just curious.

It would be interesting to know just where they came from, and why, for historical value.... Now that we're all (or not) over the fact that they were released to the buying public. :)

Read the thread.

There were a few good questions that were brought up but no one wants to answer them.

Really how hard is it to say yes/no to the questions now. The rims have already been sold. I would just like to know if we can expect this to happen again

Yes thank you again for bring up these parts and how they are available to anyone. We know that. We are aware that as the years have gone by more and more of these parts have been available for everyone to purchase.

This thread is about KR engraved rims.

We have a question about pallets of those being released.

Many know it. Some have difficulty with it. The thread title was about KR rims being for sale. It wandered early. You made mention of "You may notice there is not a single KR part on it" in your post above. You obviously weren't referencing four individual wheels only. So if you want to limit the scope, keep your blinders on.

You've already been given a response from someone at Shelby with respect to the source in this thread.

Please forgive me if I'd missed this somewhere in the 24 pages of this thread (so far), but can anyone state definitavely that they know where these wheels came from? Before they got offered up by Ford Racing, were they stored at 1) ALCOA, and maybe Ford or Shelby just didn't want to take delivery previously (?), or 2) stored at Ford, and they no longer wanted to sit on 'em, or 3) at SAI, and they just hadn't been selling?

What's the real story with these?

If they were leftovers at ALCOA, were they possibly "seconds" and slightly flawed in some way? - Just curious.

It would be interesting to know just where they came from, and why, for historical value.... Now that we're all (or not) over the fact that they were released to the buying public. :)

If you dig long and hard enough the source will eventually be revealed. As I mentioned previously, knowing it is not going to make anyone here happy. Because when you learn where the next question will be why followed by who.

So why do you continue to bust his balls over it ?

Exactly.

Read the thread.

There were a few good questions that were brought up but no one wants to answer them.

Really how hard is it to say yes/no to the questions now. The rims have already been sold. I would just like to know if we can expect this to happen again

The answer as to the source of the wheels is not going to satisfy what you now state as "I would just like to know if we can expect this to happen again."

...and the plot thickens. So some say that Ford Racing got them from Shelby, but Shelby denies it? Too funny.

Hey, on a cool side track, I got to see aboutt a dozen each Vipers and Ford GTs fly by me yesterday (with a Porsche or two thrown in), while on the road to my mountain house! What a sight and sound! I'd never seen so many GTs or Vipers together at once. Turns out that they were doing something called "Viper-GT Day of the Condor Run" (lots of condor in that area). Pretty awesome. Too bad I was in my dirty mini van. Pic borrowed from FGT forum. :)

IMG_1720_zpsb9e5e9e5.jpg

I asked my seller where the rims came from and I was told that they were purchased from Ford Racing who took delivery from Shelby.

I can believe that. about a month or so . I called to order some replacement floor mats, if I recall you only allowed to purchase 1set in year .well the guy told me that I could order 2 sets .I said really ,thought you could get 1 set a year.he told me that they were trying to unload a lot of there excess inventory .they were moving to their new location.needless to say I got 2 sets..and I know this has nothing to do with the rims .but it is the idea .

To be fair, the cars were then shipped to Ford Dealer franchises who then sold them. ASC did the same for the McLaren Capri/Mustang. Kar Kraft did some interesting work on Ford Mustangs (including the Boss 429) which involved vehicles being delivered to them for modification and once completed were sold through the Ford Dealer network as well. The details of each vehicle Ford has done this with have differed but much of the methodology has been similar.

REAL ONE, the "sticker" you are referring to, this one?

DSC08463-1.jpg

You stated "The Sticker from Shelby clearly lists all those items and alterations performed by Shelby American to transform standard GT500 into KR's." Two genuinely functional items that aren't on that list were the axle reservoir and the ribbed axle cover. Those most definitely are Shelby KR only items but nobody makes a stink about them being sold. The reservoir shows that during development it was recognized that the standard axle breather was burping fluid. Shelby took the fix on when even Ford wouldn't. When Ford finally did via their turkey baster it didn't entirely fix the problem. The remote reservoir was a better idea, as much as the execution in terms of fabrication may not have been of the highest standards. Gotta give Shelby credit for pushing that one through and doing it on their own. The axle cover Shelby used on the KR (not all of them however) was another. It added a measure of strength to the axle assembly, allowed cooler fluid temperatures, as well as much better service access via the two threaded plugs.

KRaxlereservoir.jpg

KRcover4.jpg

Again, both of the above offer a genuine performance improvement over what was offered by Ford (or the lack thereof) on the standard GT500. The wheels offer no performance improvement over the standard version but to many are easier on the eyes. So forgive me, but the issue to some seems to be with items that offer little or no functional improvement, while there isn't much of an issue with items that actually deliver better performance (the CAI kit, the shifter, etc). Just an observation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tob:

Yes. That is the window sticker alright. It also clearly states "Shelby KR package". There were certain items that were never really restricted for public sale that I know of such as the side view mirror skull cap covers or even the hood stripes, or short throw shifter. However, there were some KR parts that were clearly restricted from the get go like the hood, wheels, splitter, hood pins and badging. Badging is not a functional item either but you can't buy KR emblems without owning a KR as I understand. Whether functional or not some parts define an exclusive car and some don't. The distinction isn't always what's functional and what's not.... Clearly.

I didn't see where Jer said the wheels didn't come from "him". Regardless, that doesn't end the inquiry. What does he mean "didn't come from him"? Can he perhaps be more specific and tell us they didn't come from SAI? At this point the horse is out of the barn as far as the wheels being sold but I think we're entitled to know as KR owners where the pallets of KR wheels that Ford had were acquired from. These wheels were supposed to be restricted to KR owners. Was someone sitting on a stock pile of KR wheels somewhere? I doubt it. If not from Shelby where would PALLETS of KR wheels be acquired from? This was not merely a dozen wheels or so that someone might believe fell off the truck somewhere. No. We are talking PALLETS containing 400 wheels and at $1000 per set adds up in my book (counting on my fingers) $100,000.00 worth of wheels when we are talking sets of 4.

If they didn't come from Jer does Jer know where they came from or does someone at Shelby know?

We are not busting their balls. No. I think many of us would just like to know what if any role SAI had in this mass public sale.

We already have some guys here saying they were told by the seller that Ford got them from SAI. This seems to contradict Jer even if that's what meant went he said they didn't come from "him".

All SAI has to do is tell us (1) They didn't sell those wheels to Ford or anyone else for resale (2). they don't know where Ford got those wheels (3). they had no knowledge Ford had them and was going to sell them. AND

(4) Finally and most importantly do they intend to keep the KR wheels and hood and pins restricted to KR owners AND so for how long?

Oh, and yes as Sheppd pointed out we would like to know who owned the other 50% of those wheels.

I don't see this as us busting SAI's balls. Quite the contrary I see KR owners getting their balls busted here by SAI who can't seem to muster up a response to these simple straight forward questions.

Also, why are you busting OUR balls about wanting the answers to these questions???? Just curious.

Furthermore, I don't see the need to keep harping on this. The questions are out there. They can choose to answer them or not to. It's up to them.

For what it is worth, this is what Yoeman's replied to me in my Ebay auction:

Dear fastbkhvn,

Yes Mr. Hale, unfortunately we did get a hand full of these damaged wheels from Shelby. We are a Ford Racing dealer (one of their top ten) consequently we receive specials from them quite often. These deal was put together by Shelby through Ford Racing. Basically Ford Racing made offered us these wheels (stated as brand new, un refurbished, tires never mounted per Shelby) and we purchased a large lot of them. Ford Racing never got to see them as well as us so once these were shipped to all of you guys we started receiving reports on tires having been mounted on the rims as well as damages to the lips by the tire mounting machine. We got a couple back and indeed noticed that tires were indeed mounted on a few of these rims but never mounted on the actual cars as can be seen by looking at the liug nut holes (no sings of lug nuts having been placed or fastened.
Now we have Ford Racing working to resolve this issue with Shelby. We know Sheby has enough of these to replace the ones to us damaged. We do not know when exactly we will get an answer from Ford Racing but in the mean time if you could provide us with the tracking numbers of the boxes containing the damaged rims we could add them to the list sent to Ford Racing.
We are not the only Ford dealer that purchased these rims from Shelby and they are having the same issue with, fortunately, only a couple of rims as us.

Please send us the tracking numbers at your earliest convenience Sir. Thank you very much,

For what it is worth, this is what Yoeman's replied to me in my Ebay auction:

Dear fastbkhvn,

Yes Mr. Hale, unfortunately we did get a hand full of these damaged wheels from Shelby. We are a Ford Racing dealer (one of their top ten) consequently we receive specials from them quite often. These deal was put together by Shelby through Ford Racing. Basically Ford Racing made offered us these wheels (stated as brand new, un refurbished, tires never mounted per Shelby) and we purchased a large lot of them. Ford Racing never got to see them as well as us so once these were shipped to all of you guys we started receiving reports on tires having been mounted on the rims as well as damages to the lips by the tire mounting machine. We got a couple back and indeed noticed that tires were indeed mounted on a few of these rims but never mounted on the actual cars as can be seen by looking at the liug nut holes (no sings of lug nuts having been placed or fastened.

And welcome to Armageddon.

Tire-mounted rims not installed on a car certainly coincides with coming from Shelby. I was quoted $1500 for a set of rim with mounted tires from Shelby. The reason I didn't purchase them was because I had a previous bad experience receiving damaged tire-mounted wheels from someone else.

Ford Racing never got to see them as well as us so once these were shipped to all of you guys we started receiving reports on tires having been mounted on the rims as well as damages to the lips by the tire mounting machine.

This can only be interpreted by me in one way...that they were drop-shipped directly from Shelby to the customer.

I'm going to stop right there, and still hope for SAI's explanation.

Archived