TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

SOMEBODY DIDN'T GET THEIR CHILI

I believe you need a better partsperson at your dealer because Ford dealers were handling the hoods and the wheels ( along with other parts ) on insurance and warranty claims . Customers just didn't like the prices .

Are you saying that Ford had nothing to do with the initial parts purchasing of the out sourced parts ? Shelby may have found the source but do you have proof of Ford having to buy from Shelby and not go into a partnership in the purchase of the initial orders from the out source ? Also , if Ford bought the inventory from Shelby they should be able to sell that inventory to anybody they want just like if any KR owner would have the right to sell their stock pile of KR parts to anyone other than another KR owner . Did Shelby make you sign a contract forcing you to only hold onto your KR spare parts only as long as you own your KR and force you to give any and all KR parts in your possession to the buyer of your KR or surrender them back to Shelby ?

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife says, after hearing me talk about this thread, that some of you sound like a bunch of old women (no offense, ladies).

Having extra KR parts floating around out there, would have happened sooner or later anyway, regardless of what was recently offered to the public by Ford Racing. When a KR is wrecked and the owner no longer cares about his toy, the parts from it can go to anyone. Insurance companies don't care who buys the carcass. Even if these recent FRPP KR pieces weren't offered, KR parts would eventually end up on non KRs. A clean real KR will still be a collectable Mustang; they were the "top of the line" early S197, and are quite special. They still have the bragging rights of being the last pre-title Shelby-built Mustang; right? They're still just as "exclusive" now and they still sell for a fair bit more than the standard GT500. Having these few extra spares floating around does not make your real KR any less a real KR, or any less desireable. :)

P.S.- The wife also says "shut up and drive". ;)

I believe you need a better partsperson at your dealer because Ford dealers were handling the hoods and the wheels ( along with other parts ) on insurance and warranty claims . Customers just didn't like the prices .

So you're saying that it was Ford Racing who was trying to charge $32,000 for that hood on the first wrecked KR, not Shelby? I'd have to dig up the old threads, but my recollection was it was Shelby.

This is far afield from the OP or even the above but I guess my take-away is our cars really are like women:

1. Pretty on the outside doesn't garantee high-perfomance on the inside, or yesterday's hi-po is todays dead fish

2. They can get stolen or taken away and will be ridden hard by someone else with nary a wistful thought about you

3. If it floats, flies or f**** (flirts?) lease it

Uh, yeah, dude, exactly what I was getting at. You got it exactly. I say tomato, you say Fred.

Did you even read my post? Am I unable to comprehend what im reading here? Is the issue at hand not that KR owners are upset because parts that they believed would not be made available to the public gets DUMPED to the public? Are they not allowed the same considerations Terlingua owners are afforded? Is the counter to that argument not that Ford has these parts, doesn't want them, and Can sell them however they see fit?

Then there seems to be a sidebar argument about how a few folks expect other Shelby people here that don't own KRs should maybe honor the right to own KR parts. Tob pointed out that is ridiculous in concept since most KR specific GT500 changes are parts borrowed from products already on the market. JDB is very angry. Some people like chowder and some like chili.

Did I leave anything out?

Sheesh, no wonder California is messed up. You people can't even have a straight forward conversation without mass confusion.

( sorry my Cali buddies, I couldn't pass up the chance to dig on yall)

Now, if you will excuse me, im gonna go chowder my wife.

My wife says, after hearing me talk about this thread, that some of you sound like a bunch of old women (no offense, ladies).

Having extra KR parts floating around out there, would have happened sooner or later anyway, regardless of what was recently offered to the public by Ford Racing. When a KR is wrecked and the owner no longer cares about his toy, the parts from it can go to anyone. Insurance companies don't care who buys the carcass. Even if these recent FRPP KR pieces weren't offered, KR parts would eventually end up on non KRs. A clean real KR will still be a collectable Mustang; they were the "top of the line" early S197, and are quite special. They still have the bragging rights of being the last pre-title Shelby-built Mustang; right? They're still just as "exclusive" now and they still sell for a fair bit more than the standard GT500. Having these few extra spares floating around does not make your real KR any less a real KR, or any less desireable. :)

I agree completely - not only with what the wife says ( got pics - she sounds like a keeper ) but that a GT500KR is a special vehicle and always will be desirable ( at least in my eyes ).

A GT500KR is a GT500KR , A GT500 is a GT500 , no matter how it's modded or not , and a rose is a rose and a turd is a turd no matter how you shape it ( not to infer that a GT500 is a turd by any means ) But chowder is NOT chili as is chili is not a type of chowder!

If you feel that you must keep your KR in a glass container ,then do so . I will drive my 2007 GT500 ( modded - but not a KR clone even though it shares some common parts ) and enjoy the ride ! The return on my investment has been great and increases each time I take it out on cruises with my Shelby family and to the track. JMO

So you're saying that it was Ford Racing who was trying to charge $32,000 for that hood on the first wrecked KR, not Shelby? I'd have to dig up the old threads, but my recollection was it was Shelby.

I believe it to have been Ford Motor Company ( Ford Racing is just a subsidiary of theirs ). Shelby , I believed was something like 13,000 and you had to send in the old hood before the new one shipped out along with proof of ownership , CSM # summitted , etc....

Terlingua owners don't get this upset when Shelby did sell their exclusive hood to anyone through their SPP department . ( Is that what you're referring to Dubb ? )

Exactly Albino, exactly.

The lesson has to be that having all the parts doesn't make a non KR a KR or a non Terlingua a Terlingua.

Take some positive out of this and approach this from a standpoint that KR parts are badass, because a KR was just a perfectly badass build. You can't fault people for wanting some of the awesomeness that is a KR. I admit, I had the exhaust on my 2008. Its still the best stock gt500 exhaust they ever made. I would own one if the timing didnt just suck. A black on black.

SOMEBODY DIDN'T GET THEIR CHILI

Are you saying that Ford had nothing to do with the initial parts purchasing of the out sourced parts ? Shelby may have found the source but do you have proof of Ford having to buy from Shelby and not go into a partnership in the purchase of the initial orders from the out source ? Also , if Ford bought the inventory from Shelby they should be able to sell that inventory to anybody they want just like if any KR owner would have the right to sell their stock pile of KR parts to anyone other than another KR owner . Did Shelby make you sign a contract forcing you to only hold onto your KR spare parts only as long as you own your KR and force you to give any and all KR parts in your possession to the buyer of your KR or surrender them back to Shelby ?

I lost my appetite for Chile wtih this thread.

Are you saying Shelby didn't lead us to believe certain parts on the KR were not going to be available to the public and only KR owners? Gee, did I miss something? Are you saying that SAI doesn't have or didn't lead us to believe they have a stock of KR wheels?

Did SAI tell us they were going to make these wheels available to the general public? Did I miss that?????

I don't have proof of who did what or said what between Shelby and Ford. Actually I don't give a rat's a$$ about that. What I do care about is owning and buying a KR motived by the fact it is supposed to be an exclusive car with exclusive parts that make it a "KR" as evidenced by Shelby requiring you to prove ownership before you could even buy an exclusive KR part all in the name of protecting "collectibility" and integrity of these cars and now mysteriously FRPP just happens to have acquired 400 sets (not 40 or 4. it might be an anomoly if we were talking about a set or two and we all have seen the errant "exclusive part from time to time find it's way to Ebay. That kind of stuff is to be anticipated) and seeing a dump on the market with Shelby just seemingly non chantanly participating in this thread as though every thing is great. Candidly that pisses me off. Its wrong.

And if Shelby sold 400 sets to Ford wasn't there an understanding that they could only be sold to KR owners? No, there wasn't? Well then. Gee I thought when I try to buy KR wheels from SAI I need to PROVE I am a KR owner. Next time I'll just mosey down to my local Ford dealer after I sell my KR and pick up a set of KR wheels for my Explorer or whatever else I am running 18" wheels on. Gee come to think of it they would look great on my daughter Camaro!.

If I am wrong in the above please someone enlighten me and I will gladly stand corrected.

Why would I ever now buy anything from SAI again based on the fact or evenly partly on the fact that they are "protecting the collectivity of the car" or it's "special" parts again in light of this? Not this boy. You may feel free.

Why would I pay SAI a dime over what the KR wheels were just dumped on the market for? I'll just wait for the next Ebay fire sale of wheels, hoods etc...

Actually I won't. The KR may be sold now to make room for something else.

Very disappointed in SAI and FRPP since SVT was involved in the car also and I'll bet was aware that many KR owners were lead to believe certain parts on their KR were exclusive.

I suppose many non KR owners are thrilled with this KR wheel dump like Mrs. Grabber. They are a handsome wheel and look great on her car. I bet we'll start seeing those beautiful and "exclusive" KR wheels at car shows, SAAC events and Team Shelby events all over the country on many and an increasing number of "non KRs".

I was a very avid Shelby American fan over the last 20 years. The KR is not the only Shelby I have or car connected to Shelby. This has certainly shaken that loyalty regardless of who was responsible for allowing this dump to take place.

Sigh.

After reading some of your posts, I realized there may be a bright side to this. Since buying my KR I have been to several shows. Most people have no freekin clue what a KR is. And in two cases, people have called it a clone. Maybe this will at least heighten the awareness of the car. In most cases, clones don't hurt the value of the real thing and in some cases, actually elevate them

Your wife has a point to an extent. I understand some of these wheels were bound to show up on the market from wrecks etc...but a 400 wheel dump?

And you and Tim may be right that this may help the value of KR's who knows. Clearly the wheels were a very hot item. My point is simple. Customer loyalty should be paramount to a company. This KR wheel dump really troubles me regardless if turns out to be a good thing for KRs in the future, again who knows we can all speculate this or that.

If the wheels were sold to Ford perhaps some thought to KR owners would have been nice as in providing that FRPP could only buy the wheels if they restricted the sale to KR owners at that fire sale price for 30 or 60 days. Likely the bulk would have been bought by KR owners at that price.

I still love my KR. I am just very disappointed this happened.

Actually, they do, because the program was based on exclusivity. No other program can be compared to the level of exclusivity that Shelby developed for the KR.

That level of exclusivity also generated the whopping $5m-$6m revenue for the 1,500+ vehicle build program. So if Shelby wants the revenue from marketing that exclusive program, then yes, they have to answer why they weren't able to maintain it now with the general sales of these wheels when, I say, they had the opportunity to do so.

As I stated, Shelby threw in the towel, and Jer's response was that I am painting a wide brush. So let's hear Jer's response if I'm so far off.

This was without a doubt, the most entertaining post of this thread!!!! :hysterical2:

In most cases, clones don't hurt the value of the real thing and in some cases, actually elevate them

You and I aren't that far apart. I actually don't have a problem with clones. I considered building one myself back at the beginning like Tob might do.

Beyond all the passion, all I'm saying is that specifically-branded parts don't look good on the wrong car. And yes, it would've been nice if Shelby made a second batch of blank 18" wheels similar to the Fifty Years batch so that every non-KR owner could buy a set. The wheel style was not exclusive to the KR, so why not?

Additionally, I am implying that Shelby knew in-advance, could've been a part of this but chose not to, and am giving them the chance to explain to people like Real One why their customers should ever buy into the "exclusivity" marketing of Shelby products in the future. If you're short-sighted and buy into the "we didn't know" excuse, then that's your prerogative. But I am not.

After reading some of your posts, I realized there may be a bright side to this. Since buying my KR I have been to several shows. Most people have no freekin clue what a KR is. And in two cases, people have called it a clone. Maybe this will at least heighten the awareness of the car. In most cases, clones don't hurt the value of the real thing and in some cases, actually elevate them

What I was thinking, too. As the parts float around to some other Mustangs, more people discover what the KR was all about.

As for KR parts remaing controlled and only available to the KR owner - Carroll is GONE and THINGS CHANGE. If your KR no longer pleases you because these (few) spares are available to mere mortals, then it's probably time to unload the car.

I sure wouldn't mind picking up another one in red, silver or blue (at your greatly discounted prices..). This factory build is just as awesome to me now, as it was when I bought it. :)

You and I aren't that far apart. I actually don't have a problem with clones. I considered building one myself back at the beginning like Tob might do.

Beyond all the passion, all I'm saying is that specifically-branded parts don't look good on the wrong car. And yes, it would've been nice if Shelby made a second batch of blank 18" wheels similar to the Fifty Years batch so that every non-KR owner could buy a set. The wheel style was not exclusive to the KR, so why not?

Additionally, I am implying that Shelby knew in-advance, could've been a part of this but chose not to, and am giving them the chance to explain to people like Real One why their customers should ever buy into the "exclusivity" marketing of Shelby products in the future. If you're short-sighted and buy into the "we didn't know" excuse, then that's your prerogative. But I am not.

I would have bought a set of blank ones in an 18" but I don't see that happening ( they would be easier to clean with no lettering ) especially at the price that these were first offered . As far as Shelby knowing about it in advance -probably - but to think that they owe an apology to KR owners - don't think so and don't think it's going to happen no matter how much you jump up and down . If you believe everything people tell you then I have a bridge to sell you - it's an exclusive bridge - none other like it in the world .

You should build a clone - if for no other reason to find out what actually goes into the building of your KR - that way after all the sweat and time that you put into the build you may find/realize how "exclusive" your KR really is ( not just some bolt on parts and badges ).

Like oldlugs states - If your KR no longer pleases you then it's probably time to sell and get on to some thing else !

Carroll is GONE and THINGS CHANGE.

But the previous, current, and future customers of Shelby are not.

If your a business, there's a lot of food for thought in that statement.

- but to think that they owe an apology to KR owners -

Please quote where I asked for an apology.

Like oldlugs states - If your KR no longer pleases you then it's probably time to sell and get on to some thing else !

Please quote where I say that my KR no longer pleases me.

I think the GT500KR is one of the greatest muscle cars ever built. But that does not automatically give the company that built it a free pass to make poor business decisions without some of their target-market audience vocally disagreeing.

I think the GT500KR is one of the greatest muscle cars ever built. But that does not automatically give the company that built it a free pass to make poor business decisions without some of their target-market audience vocally disagreeing.

How do you know that it was a poor business decision ? It may seem that way to you but you don't know !

Buying dead inventory ( especially when you already have some of it sitting on your shelves ) may not make sense to buy even at a deeply discounted price . Where is the incentive for them to buy ? To keep the "exclusiveness" ? They would go broke and shut the doors and the general public would still get the stuff. Really ? Don't try and make the call for Shelby American .

Enjoy your chilli and if you get heartburn - don't blame the chef - take your TUMS and relax . You can make the decision whether you order chilli again or not but, if you decide to , then go into it understanding you should a some TUMS with you . ( I'm taking it the KR wasn't your first car )

Enjoy the Ride !

Are you saying Shelby didn't lead us to believe certain parts on the KR were not going to be available to the public and only KR owners?

No, Ford Motor Company did. And they never said for how long.

All of the recently available KR parts were exclusive from both FoMoCo and SA for the last X years (5, 6 or 7, depending on when the KR was first made available).

Ford fulfilled their warranty period and is dumping excess inventory so from now on, they aren't just 'exclusive' (from FoMoCo), they are non-existent.

Shelby has stated publicly (on this forum) that THEY still require proof of ownership to purchase the parts from them so they are holding to their exclusivity.

So what's the problem?

Phill

Did SAI tell us they were going to make these wheels available to the general public? Did I miss that?????

DUDE! You keep pointing the finger at Shelby. Shelby didn't do this, FORD did!

Shelby didn't MAKE the wheels, FORD did (had them made by Alcoa). These are FORD wheels, not SHEBLY wheels (and Alcoa holds the patent/rights)..

Try using a Shelby center cap in a KR wheel and see what happens. HINT: They don't fit. The KR Alcoa's use FORD centers, not Shelby centers.

The 20" Super Snake and Super Snake Style Alcoa's are Shelby's wheels, NOT the KR Alcoa's.

Phill

You are delusional.

Go back to post #306, of this thread...the one that you started out with "condescending and arrogance" referring to me, and then quote any comment I made prior to #306 that refers to any V6 part. You don't even have to say anything. Just quote it.

Second, starting at post #306 again, quote any comment I made about a V6 part after that. Again, just quote it.

You're the one in post #306 who listed all these photos of parts and how KR's were derived from other model lines. I don't care that they are. You do!

My only comment regarding a V6 was that I can understand the KR-logo'd wheels being put on a base model, (because it's an entry level car). If you're going to fake the funk, don't do it with a GT500 (since it's an awesome car by itself already). An equally dumb thing to do would be putting "Super Snake"-logo'd 20's on my KR! Again, this is just my opinion.

All of my comments about "parts" in this entire thread refer only to "KR"-logo'd items such as wheels, badges, and stickers.

Dude, step away from the pipe.

#265..."But putting a KR-specific part on a non-KR is lame."

#297 ...(your alteration of Rob's original post)..."People are just going to look at our cars and think "what a cool V6 with GT500 stickers and sweet looking rims."

Then "Cloneville" arrives, not unique to the wheel but to the car. Ford Racing released items other than the wheels when "they threw in the towel."

#300..."if the KR owners are happy to see the KR section turn into cloneville, then it's not just Ford Racing and Shelby that threw in the towel on the uniqueness of this car. Shame on you."

In post #306 I laid out just some of the parts, including the spoiler from the V6, an inference as to whether you were aware of the origin of some of the KR parts, including powertrain modifications, suspension modifications, exhaust modifications, etc. I finished by asking you "Anything else about the KR you wish to discuss?"

Your reply, in post #312 then became..."Sure, how about anything with markings specific to the KR...such as the wheels, or badges, or stickers? Why not peel-n-stick your way up to a KR if you're going to put the wheels on? It's the same exact thing."

WOW!

A lot of lane changing going on here ! JDB - post #353 - I don't care for your feeble attempt to dissect what purchasing and profits companies do on products - the way I look at this is - you as a KR owner were exclusively offered the wheels for years but you refused to pay the market price for the items at that time but once a discounted / reduced price was available to any and all - you feel like you were cheated . Had you and all the other KR owners bought up all the inventory in the first place there would have not been any for them to sell to the general population . JMO

Well put.

You might want to stop cause your demands are starting to get delusional.

Hey! There aren't enough Snickers to go around to everybody so cut it out!

Actually they don't -

1) your not a share holder of Shelby American Inc.

2) Shelby American did not sell the wheels to the general public - Ford did ( KR owners can still purchase from SA )

3) Shelby American is not obligated to buy all of Ford's unwanted dead inventory even when it precludes to a partnered initial purchase .

Nailed it.

I demand to know why Tob demands in his thinly veiled posts that Grabbers car be declared 'gay'! All the while, I'm sure, he is daydreaming of all of us sarcastically hugging him while he eats two "Snickers bars". :wub2:

Edited for grammatical style that aspires to the pedantic modeled by Tob. :headspin:

Clicks, you're being a bit revisionist here. It was JDB's "Pretty much the same reason I did not buy a set of second-batch 20's with the unnecessary and totally gay "fifty years" slogan milled in them" from post #258. I've said nothing with respect to how sexual preference somehow relates to Rob's or anyone elses KR wheels. And while being pedantic is something worthy to aspire to be, I prefer to be punctilious. Much better ring to it!

Understood and thanks for the clarification

You got it Tim.

Tob pointed out that is ridiculous in concept since most KR specific GT500 changes are parts borrowed from products already on the market. JDB is very angry. Some people like chowder and some like chili.

Some like Snickers, dammit!

I actually don't have a problem with clones. I considered building one myself back at the beginning like Tob might do.

Beyond all the passion, all I'm saying is that specifically-branded parts don't look good on the wrong car.

Oh boy. Your previous post history within this thread makes it crystal clear regarding "cloning" and your position. Talk about self revisionism.

Ya see, you throw my name in there and it again contradicts your first statement. Did I not make it clear to you my take on how I utilize parts available for the S197? Do you think "KR" parts are something I am hellbent on obtaining in search of a way to replicate what you have? I better remove the '13GT500 content, '11 GT500 content, '07 GT500 content, Boss 302 content, Boss 302S content, FR500S content, CJ content, Ford Racing content, Maximum Motorsports content, H&R content, Full Tilt Boogie Racing content, and custom content and start all over again. A backwards move that would only serve to limit the performance to what was all the rage a number of years ago. Do you get that?

And regarding your statement "specifically-branded parts don't look good on the wrong car" - to you. That's fine. Plenty of others on here don't share your opinion.

Note to SAI. Your pass(es) must be stamped by JDB prior to engaging in decisions regarding how you operate your business. If you choose to proceed without doing as such, you may then be subject to chronic complaining from a loud contingent. You have been warned!

No, Ford Motor Company did. And they never said for how long.

All of the recently available KR parts were exclusive from both FoMoCo and SA for the last X years (5, 6 or 7, depending on when the KR was first made available).

Ford fulfilled their warranty period and is dumping excess inventory so from now on, they aren't just 'exclusive' (from FoMoCo), they are non-existent.

Shelby has stated publicly (on this forum) that THEY still require proof of ownership to purchase the parts from them so they are holding to their exclusivity.

Phill

Shelby didn't MAKE the wheels, FORD did (had them made by Alcoa). These are FORD wheels, not SHEBLY wheels (and Alcoa holds the patent/rights)..

Try using a Shelby center cap in a KR wheel and see what happens. HINT: They don't fit. The KR Alcoa's use FORD centers, not Shelby centers.

The 20" Super Snake and Super Snake Style Alcoa's are Shelby's wheels, NOT the KR Alcoa's.

Phill

Phil, those two explanations are adaquate for me. Thank you.

You keep pointing the finger at Shelby. Shelby didn't do this, FORD did!

So what's the problem?

I don't quite relinquish 100% of the burden away from Shelby, because both companies are interwoven with the exclusivity of the KR program. Shelby still knew and probably could have done something, but chose not to. It would not only be nice to hear this response why from them, but also the fair summary from you quoted above.

A thread with over 10,000 page views and one of the top page-view threads in KR section history should be a clue to Shelby for them to address the questions first-hand. Otherwise they are simply turning their back on their customers.

Shelby still knew and probably could have done something, but chose not to.

That's a HUGE assumption on your part.

And even IF they knew, do you think they have the capitol to buy up all of Ford's excess inventory (wheels, suspension, etc. etc. etc.)?

Especially in light of the upcoming move they're making.

Shelby American isn't a big huge company like a lot of people think. I haven't seen their financials for the past couple of years but I'd be real surprised if they surpassed the $5M year mark. I worked in a independent Auto Repair shop for a couple of years and the owner was all excited when he broke the $1M mark. $5M isn't a whole lot after expenses.

When I was teaching at a Private Post-Secondary Vo-Tech school we broke the $4M mark but the owner netted $1.48K. We all felt that was GREAT until the CFO pointed out that he speant most of the $4M on the school and that $1.5K is PEANUTS when you bring in $4M.

But now *I'm* making a HUGE assumption about SA's revenues. It could be way more but like I said, I'd be VERY surprised.

Phill

A thread with over 10,000 page views and one of the top page-view threads in KR section history should be a clue to Shelby for them to address the questions first-hand. Otherwise they are simply turning their back on their customers.

Nope, wrong again, it has this many views for the entertainment of it. I'm sure 98% of the followers of this thread know that Shelby has nothing to answer to here. It's obvious that you must have been in Vegas and in the meeting room when Ford asked Shelby's permission to sell these wheels. This keeps getting better and better.

:lurk:

That's a HUGE assumption on your part.

And even IF they knew, do you think they have the capitol to buy up all of Ford's excess inventory (wheels, suspension, etc. etc. etc.)?

Phill

You wrote what most have been thinking. Thanks Phill.

Nope, wrong again, it has this many views for the entertainment of it. I'm sure 98% of the followers of this thread know that Shelby has nothing to answer to here. It's obvious that you must have been in Vegas and in the meeting room when Ford asked Shelby's permission to sell these wheels. This keeps getting better and better.

:lurk:

Skype. That explains it.

All this unnecessary drivel. What would you do with your half after having had sat on boxes full of KR parts and pallets full of KR wheels for a number of years? If SAI so wished to purchase Ford's inventory just so that they could now sit on them (alongside the stock they already have collecting dust and tying up potential working capital) they could have. I suppose Monday morning quarterbacking is so much more entertaining than when done live on Sunday.

Oh, the KR pallets you ask...

KRwheelpallet.jpg

I think threads like this will just add to the KR legend. I remember reading years back that either Ford or Shelby said that there would never be another pre-titled Shelby produced in part because of all the headaches the KR created for one or likely both companies. This thread just supports that thought.

Did you see the interview over at the mustang source. Here is a snippet.....

Rob Baran's EXCLUSIVE GT500KR Interview!

Rob "mr-mstng" Baran is back from the New York Auto Show where the 2008 Shelby GT500KR was unveiled. He had the opportunity to sit down with Shelby Autos President Amy Boylan for a little Q&A based on questions submitted by TMS members.

Rob Baran, TheMustangSource.com: Is the Shelby GT500KR one year only?
Amy Boylan, Shelby Autos: Yes, but it depends on customer response.

TMS: Will the hood be available in the aftermarket?
AB: Yes, eventually. Shelby Autos is looking more into 'kits'. We want to allow people to build their own Shelby with the exception of the small badges and such.

If the wheels came out....it's not crazy to think that the hood is not far behind.

I'm thinking Shelby will protect the exclusivity of the 350 better since they are not partnered with Ford and call all the shots on that one. But I have also heard that Ford will be adding a 350 to their line up as well.

Guess you never really know for sure.

Archived