TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

So when you take all the "KR add-ons" off, don't you still have a '08/'09 GT500 coupe? When you run your KR VIN it's going to come up as a GT500 coupe.

Oh wait! I forgot it has that riveted thingy under the hood. Ahh! that's were the value is.

Exactly! See you are catching on now! That little "riveted thingy" as you put it along with the associated history makes the KRs worth between double and triple the run of the mill GT500 or in dollars that little "riveted thingy" at the current market is now is worth about 35,000. The KR envy as shown on countless number of GT500s with wannabe hoods, wheels, etc. only makes that value go up ! :salute:

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that's the problem...you don't really have a GT500 anymore with goofy stuff on. You have a GT500 that's trying to be something else.

I'm not concerned that people will think it's a KR...I'm concerned that people will think it's not even a GT500. THAT'S what's getting diluted.

I'm not seeing how having those parts on another GT500 would be goofy, in any way. Most of the bits on the KR improved performance and/or appearance over those of the standard GT500. Having GT500KR engraved into the wheels won't make anyone think the car is a KR, but rather, that someone found some KR wheels for it. People may wonder where they came from because they're not common. Many people have never even seen a KR, let alone even heard of the KR. It doesn't matter.

KR parts are basically just factory parts from the top model, many of which were a tasteful improvement.

Thanks Sheppd01 Ed

To everyone that are upset about people including myself that are adding things on their gt500s. I sorry that I upset you guys. maybe some day I will have enough money saved up to get a SS . I love the look of my car and will keep adding to it. I thought this was TEAM Shelby!!! Ed

I love that car edgoods!! I have always admired all GT500s personalized by their owners with ANY parts to include SS and KR parts. Buying a KR wasn't too difficult, anybody can do it. Modifying a car beautifully as yours is and many others on the forum is something to be proud of.

So Rob, what's the verdict?

Well UPS send me this E-mail:

Dear ROB
First, please allow me to apologize for the damage to your package and thank you in advance for your help in resolving this matter.
In order to adequately assess the damage and provide a timely resolution, we will need photographs of the packaging material and the damaged item(s). Please provide digital pictures of the following:
  • A photo of the damaged item.
  • A photo showing the damaged merchandise, inside the original box, with all of the original cushioning (picture should show the placement of the merchandise and packaging inside the box)
  • A photo of the packaging material used inside box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.)
  • A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number which usually begins with 1Z)
  • A close-up photo of the box manufacturer’s certificate (BMC), if available. The BMC is a round stamp that details either the bursting strength of the box or the edge crush rating of the box. The BMC is generally found on a bottom flap on the outside of a corrugated cardboard box.
  • Two photos displaying all 6 sides of the package (1 photo should display the top and 2 sides, the 2nd photo should display the bottom and the opposite sides).
  • Dimensions of the box including the package height, length, and width provided in the body of the email.
To expedite the process, please email the photos in jpeg or bitmap format to pictures@ups.com and enter the UPS tracking number in the Subject line of the email. Please be aware that UPS can accept up to 5 megabytes of information in each email. As a result, if the file size exceeds 5 megabytes, or is subject to any local system limitations, you may need to send the pictures in multiple emails, to prevent complications.
Once the photos are received, an inspection will be performed by the end of the next business day and the shipper will be contacted with the results. If you are the receiver, please stay in contact with your shipper for additional information regarding the final disposition of the claim.
We will not be able to proceed with processing the claim until the photos are received. If you experience issues with emailing the photos or would rather have the damage picked up from your location and inspected please contact us at 1-800-651-2352. We will be happy to work with you to find a resolution.
Thank you again for your assistance in this matter.
Dion Ashley
Damage Exception Group
800-651-2352

....and since there system only accepts 5MB of photos I had to send them 9 e-mails with the photos and explanations of the photos. These are the photos I sent them as they requested. I have had to call them 4 times and be put on hold every time for about 10 minutes. They were supposed to get back to me yesterday but never did. I had to put pressure on them today. They said they will make a decision after looking at the photos and that the vendor will then contact me. The vendor Mike already contacted me yesterday and today and is on top of it. UPS is not !

Here are the photos I sent them.

076.jpg
077.jpg
078.jpg
001-2.jpg
002-2.jpg
005-2.jpg
006.jpg
009-2.jpg
011-2.jpg
012-1.jpg
015-1.jpg
016-2.jpg
018-2.jpg

Dear UPS - Since your system does not accept files larger than 5 MB I will be sending multiple e-mails with photos for your review as you have requested. I am also copying the vender Diversified Products (Mike) on these e-mails.

The first photo shows the 3 boxes that were delivered. They measure 24 inches tall and 21 inches Square. I show you all 3 because I want you to know that they were all beat up pretty good, but the damage in one of the boxes was unacceptable. I also want to tell you that my wife met the delivery guy in the driveway and asked him how his day was going. He told her "Better now that these boxs are out of the back of my truck. They have been rolling around the back of my truck all day and I have been fighting with them".

Rob

Looks like UPS may soon own a very expensive paperweight. In the meantime, is Mike going to send you a new one while this gets adjudicated?

Yes he is working on that.

I need to ship this wheel back to Mike. UPS would not come pick it up and ship it to him unless I sent the big box with both rims in the box. I told them that only half the contents of the big box was damaged. They then told me I had to ship it myself since they can not ship one wheel in a double box. I offered to box it up in a single box and give it to them and they said "no" and to contact the vendor.

I sent mike a note asking for a shipping label. Maybe he can go after them for the shipping costs to get the wheel back. Soon this will be over. I will stay away for UPS at all costs if possible.

UPS SUCKS.

I'm not seeing how having those parts on another GT500 would be goofy, in any way.

I do...because it says "KR" on it. Not to mention that they were, in-fact, made specifically for a KR.

Ed, I hate to be Captain Obvious here, but this thread is under the 2008-09 GT500KR section. People who want to post pics of their GT500's posing the very elements that make the KR special might get more oooh's and aaah's from the GT500 section.

Grabber, I've sued UPS and Office Depot over claims they refused to pay on fully-insured shipments. Trust me, I know how this goes. I've read the entire insurance policy provided by UPS's 3rd-party vendor who underwrites the policy.

If Ford Racing or the reseller you purchased them from does not have anymore wheels, then there is no magic factory at UPS that is going to get you a replacement wheel. Your choice is..

1. waste a lot of time and energy chasing a resolution that you are not going to be happy with because UPS will simply convert the wheel to the insured value. Or,

2. keep the actual wheel rather than the money and live with the damage

Before wasting your time, just ask yourself the simple question of whether you want the insured value or the damaged wheel. End of story.

I do...because it says "KR" on it. Not to mention that they were, in-fact, made specifically for a KR.

Ed, I hate to be Captain Obvious here, but this thread is under the 2008-09 GT500KR section. People who want to post pics of their GT500's posing the very elements that make the KR special might get more oooh's and aaah's from the GT500 section.

Grabber, I've sued UPS and Office Depot over claims they refused to pay on fully-insured shipments. Trust me, I know how this goes. I've read the entire insurance policy provided by UPS's 3rd-party vendor who underwrites the policy.

If Ford Racing or the reseller you purchased them from does not have anymore wheels, then there is no magic factory at UPS that is going to get you a replacement wheel. Your choice is..

1. waste a lot of time and energy chasing a resolution that you are not going to be happy with because UPS will simply convert the wheel to the insured value. Or,

2. keep the actual wheel rather than the money and live with the damage

Before wasting your time, just ask yourself the simple question of whether you want the insured value or the damaged wheel. End of story.

You forgot to list option #3

3. Wait for Mike to send a replacement wheel.

If Mike has a wheel, why even deal with UPS at all then? Mike is the shipper, and it's the sender's responsibility to initiate damage claims because they are the "customer" who paid for UPS's services.

Most people think the recipient needs to initiate the claim. It's actually the sender's responsibility because they had the financial transaction with UPS and paid for the service/insurance.

If Mike has a wheel, why even deal with UPS at all then? Mike is the shipper, and it's the sender's responsibility to initiate damage claims because they are the "customer" who paid for UPS's services.

Most people think the recipient needs to initiate the claim. It's actually the sender's responsibility because they had the financial transaction with UPS and paid for the service/insurance.

I am working with Mike because I am a team player. Interacting with him over the last week has been very pleasant and I can tell he is totally on my side of making this right. This is not Mikes fault and is just as much as a hassle for him as it is for me. UPS has now told me that all future contact will occurr between Mike and I. They will make a decision on the claim with in 24 hours now that they have the photos. I documented this in such a manner that it is a no brainer that the UPS truck drivers abused the packages and did not handle them with any care at all.

Yup, Mike's a great guy and I had a long conversation with him the other day about my purchase (which I am very pleased with). I'm just trying to point out simple things that most people don't realize. Your transaction was with Mike and Mike only. Although I generally am a team player, I am a busy guy and don't have time to do other people's work for free. I would've simply asked for a replacement rim from Mike and that he issue a call tag for the damaged rim. Anything beyond that is his responsibility to chase down. And if a retailer does not stand by their sale, then a PP or CC dispute would be initiated. I'm probably not telling you anything new by saying that UPS/FedEx don't handle packages with tender loving care, so ultimately it still goes back to the quality of packaging by the person you had your financial transaction with. Hope you get your replacement wheel from him.

Wow, maybe this section should only be accessible by CSM number (sarcasm font). Obviously, Shelby and/or Ford Racing don't feel as you do or they would have kept these restricted to KR owners.

Wow, maybe this section should only be accessible by CSM number (sarcasm font). Obviously, Shelby and/or Ford Racing don't feel as you do or they would have kept these restricted to KR owners.

Is there any possibility we can drop this part of the conversation? Fact is, Ford decided to dump the wheels, Some GT500 guys like they way they look and bought them. The have a right todo what they want with their cars. If they want to put 24 inch hoops with spinners, their choice. Time to take mom's advice, you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing.

Not aimed at your post KR09, just the entire discussion regarding the wheels and non KR's

Tim, I simply said I politely disagree that it looks good. If guys want a giant stroke for how they look on a GT500, they might get better results in the GT500 section. If their bungs hurt because someone doesn't like their pics, then maybe the internet's not for them. And if the KR owners are happy to see the KR section turn into cloneville, then it's not just Ford Racing and Shelby that threw in the towel on the uniqueness of this car. Shame on you.

Archived