TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally got my GT500!

MachChick

Thanks for all the tips you guys gave me! I didn't manage to find a Tungsten but I think I got the next best thing. Here is my new (to me) 2009 GT500! 21k of the cleanest miles I have ever seen. Virtually flawless aside from some small scratches on the chin from the PO.

post-41654-0-69693800-1375365038_thumb.jpg

post-41654-0-83587300-1375365085_thumb.jpg

post-41654-0-89123900-1375365099_thumb.jpg

post-41654-0-69693800-1375365038_thumb.jpg

post-41654-0-83587300-1375365085_thumb.jpg

post-41654-0-89123900-1375365099_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, they are amazing cars and almost bulletproof. It has an aftermarket air filter, do you have the handheld programmer that was used for the filter?

If not you can buy a new one when you purchase the smaller pulley.

Thanks for all the tips you guys gave me! I didn't manage to find a Tungsten but I think I got the next best thing. Here is my new (to me) 2009 GT500! 21k of the cleanest miles I have ever seen. Virtually flawless aside from some small scratches on the chin from the PO.

Congrats! Welcome aboard! now let the modding begin!

Looks like you found yourself a nice clean looking car, they are a blast.

Also noticed that cai right away, the 07 - 09s had a clunky looking and restrictive air box setup.

Can't tell by the photo what type you have, but the enclosure does looks similar to the ford racing one.

Are there any markings/branding on it at all?

It would be nice to make sure you have the right tune for that filter setup.

Also agree with ingram4868, consider a smaller pulley for a nice upgrade.

If you don't have the tuner already, get one with the pulley/idler combo, as well as the correct tune for everything.

It never hurts to have another 120+HP under the hood too :)

With the stock blower, you can drop down from the oem 3" pulley, to one as small as 2.5" now.

Congrats! I have what you initially was looking for on the color combo. To be honest you picked a really nice color combo with the vapor (I think) and black stripes. Certainly makes it look a bit meaner in my opinion.

Cheers,

Ray

Looks like you found yourself a nice clean looking car, they are a blast.

Also noticed that cai right away, the 07 - 09s had a clunky looking and restrictive air box setup.

Can't tell by the photo what type you have, but the enclosure does looks similar to the ford racing one.

Are there any markings/branding on it at all?

It would be nice to make sure you have the right tune for that filter setup.

Also agree with ingram4868, consider a smaller pulley for a nice upgrade.

If you don't have the tuner already, get one with the pulley/idler combo, as well as the correct tune for everything.

It never hurts to have another 120+HP under the hood too :)

With the stock blower, you can drop down from the oem 3" pulley, to one as small as 2.5" now.

Not real sure it's from Ford Racing, here's the link:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9880

Cheers,

Ray

• 1 month later...

Congrats!! I've got the 08, but same color scheme (vapor silver w/ black stripes). I just hit 6,400 miles on it.

Enjoy it!!! They are fantastic cars!!

Archived