TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon fiber rocker panels 2010+ GT500s?

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but since you're asking I've seen 2010-2012 Super Snakes with a CF rear diffuser, can I order that thru SA for mine if anyone knows? And is it real CF or dipped? Thanks

I may be wrong but I think as of now only the front splitter is the actually CF and the rest is dipped on the Super Snakes. If I am wrong though be even happier when they become available to us.

I may be wrong but I think as of now only the front splitter is the actually CF and the rest is dipped on the Super Snakes. If I am wrong though be even happier when they become available to us.

To my knowledge the side rockers are real carbon fiber. I am on the fence with ordering rockers from raceskinz, trufiber or APR but I am trying to be patient.

The rocker panels are dipped. At least the ones I have from Shelby are dipped. The front splitter is real carbon fiber. The diffuser is not real carbon fiber.

I thought I remember the couple of SS I have running around that I have seen are all dipped.

I don't know. Maybe in the early SS's but my splitter is straight from Shelby and is complete carbon fiber.

Sorry, but I was trying to say that I agreed with you on what you wrote, maybe my words did not match my thoughts lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I will ask this: if the rockers are dipped, then why aren't the widebody snakes dipped as well? When I was told I could not have them on my widebody, I assumed it was because they were molded CF and they hadn't gone that far with the piece. Perhaps they were dipped and they no longer are? Very interesting.....

The rockers are carbon fiber.

Jer

i have front splitter, rear diffuser, and hood heat extractor from tru-carbon they are not dipped they are wrapped in carbon fiber sheets then clear coated thats as close as you will get to a peice being made of complete carbon fiber . the dipped peices are hdyro-carbon which is a process thats looks like carbon fiber

• 2 months later...

Archived