TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baer Brakes

bnoslo

Since there isn't a classified section i am posting a new front Shelby/Baer Pro-Plus 6-piston brake kit for sale here for anyone with a GTS that wants an upgrade from their 2-piston setup. I have a black with red kit, totally brand new in the box, all hardware and instructions, never been installed. Would like to get about $1750 for it, but to be honest i have it listed in other forums for $1500. I am in the vegas area so i would prefer someone local, but i will ship it wherever needed, only at the buyers' expense. Feel free to ask any questions, and i do have pics but the files are to large to include here. Respond here or send me a private message and i will get back to you as soon as i can. Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, slightly off topic but why do you say the GTS has a 2-piston front set-up. My Sales order states I have Willwood Superlite 4 piston brakes at the front. Is this a difference between the V6 and V8 GTS packages? I guess there is a $2000 delta between the packages but I just assumed that Shelby was taking a little more on the V8 package.

I saw the standard brakes included in the GTS package up front were the Baer GT-Plus brakes. It was the '11-12 brochure, the silver car, and i know it was a picture of a V6 GTS. You can also see them if you look at the pictures link for the 11-12 GTS, both the red and silver car have the GT-Plus up front. That's where i got that from. I don't know if the V8 package had a different setup or not.

Okay, I have a 2013 V8 GTS package and I have 4 piston brakes. Don't know if it changes by engine or year. I have been a little frustrated
all along that Shelby American are rather vague about the modifications that they do. With statements like "Shelby Front and rear brake upgrade"
in the GTS package, then for and additional $6k you get "Shelby 6 piston front brake upgrade" (well that is a little specific) and an additional "Shelby rear brake upgrade" (rather non-specific).

Anyway, I was just trying to see if anyone knew what was actually going on and I certainly wasn't trying to infer that you were misleading anybody.

It's not a problem, and i didn't think that was happening anyways. I agree that Shelby's listings are vague at times, i just hope it's due to multiple options and they can't put a price down because of the differences. I know in the Shelby GT/SC standard package it's supposed to include a brake upgrade, and that turns out to be Baer Decelarotors so the original wheels can still be used. So for us SGT owners, we need to buy wheels and tires too just to be able to run any larger brake kit if we want a significant upgrade.

If you, or anyone else you know, may be interested in this kit, please feel free to let me know.

Enjoy your GTS too!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived