TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DO NOT BUY FROM MGALVAN!! (Manny Galvan) AKA "GT500KR08"

SterlingGT

I bought a GT500 throttle body from him on ebay. He claimed it was new. When I received it, I looked at it quickly and put it back in the box (I bought a ton of items that week because I was doing a supercharger install on my 2010 GT) and it sat for awhile. When I took it out to do install it, I noticed that there was a bolt broken off in one of the bolt holes. Thank you for that...

Yes, I should have taken my time and looked closely at the item when I received it. That is my fault. Unfortunately, by the time I noticed the broken bolt it was wayyyy too late to contact ebay or paypal so I'm just letting you guys know as a little buyer beware.

I did a little research on the guy (thank you google) and it looks like his ethics have been in question prior to this situation. Just a friendly heads up

Is he the Manny Galvan who lives in Las Vegas? I would guess so...there can't be too many Manny Galvan's out there.

If so, did you try to contact him prior to posting this topic? I know Manny, and he seems like a pretty good guy to me (although I have never purchaded anything from him). If you haven't already, please give him the opportunity to make thing right before attempting to ruin his reputation on this forum.

PM me if you need his contact info or phone number.

Z-man

I bought a GT500 throttle body from him on ebay. He claimed it was new. When I received it, I looked at it quickly and put it back in the box (I bought a ton of items that week because I was doing a supercharger install on my 2010 GT) and it sat for awhile. When I took it out to do install it, I noticed that there was a bolt broken off in one of the bolt holes. Thank you for that...

Yes, I should have taken my time and looked closely at the item when I received it. That is my fault. Unfortunately, by the time I noticed the broken bolt it was wayyyy too late to contact ebay or paypal so I'm just letting you guys know as a little buyer beware.

I did a little research on the guy (thank you google) and it looks like his ethics have been in question prior to this situation. Just a friendly heads up

Wouldn't the first step be to contact the seller?

And when it comes to ebay, there is no such thing as "way to late". Just ask any ebay seller.

Steve

I would think, the better thing to do is to contact him. Knowing Manny, he is always willing to make things right. He is known to many many members and if the problem arose from an E-bay purchase, like with any other seller, contact seller first. I don't believe this was the proper way to go about it. Just my 2 cents!

I bought my '12 SS from Manny and must have called him at least 10 times and we communicated with at least 50 emails back and forth and he always responded quickly even at 11:00pm his local time. I found him to be straight up and concerned about everything with my car and its build.

The fact there is a broken bolt in a hole does not prove the seller knew this, the seller could of purchased this unopened without knowing the defect.

Innocent until proven guilty.

You did not inspect the item upon receiving it. When you later found this "defect" you're first response was to contact ebay and or paypal, not the seller.

First response should of been to contact the seller. you did not do so, you chose to publicly defame the seller. Next you publish a statement about the ethics of the seller from a google search.

I think you owe the seller a big public apology and hope he does not sue you for defamation of character.

Just a friendly heads up to you.

Only 1 post. This looks like a hit and run. If the claimant is not signing on to review comments then perhaps the thread should be deleted/closed.

I agree. It doesn't seem right that the OP does a Google search, finds Manny's name connected with Team Shelby and then creates a new TS account just so they can perform a hit & run post about a transaction that didn't even take place on Team Shelby.

Most every other website would not allow this to take place.

Steve

I bought $65000 worth of car from Manny. Stand up guy, never had an issue.

Really?? He installed my Recaro's scratched the front bumper cover and still hasn't covered the repair cost! Plus he still has my factory seats!

This is certainly an unusual situation and usually I do not believe in censorship. But it has been noted that the person that started the thread is new to this site, and has posted only one time. I think it would be reasonable for the moderator to contact Sterling and see if he has ever contacted Manny and the outcome. If there is no more information forthcoming then I would also recommend closure, after Sterling is given a chance to provide more info. If Sterling does not or is not willing to provide more information, including his contact with Manny then it should be closed so as to not do damage to a person. If there is some basis then I recommend it not be censored.

I apologize for venting. I shouldn't have done it in such a malicious way. I felt like I was taken advantage of and figured I'd warn others. I should've waited longer to hear back from him. I didn't read all of the posts, but I didn't have to. Obviously he has been a huge part of the Shelby community and helped a lot of people out. Manny, I sincerely apologize.

I just purchased a new 2013 Mustang Shelby GT500 a couple of days ago. Manny Galvan stopped by to congratulate me at the dealership where I bought the car. He is the manager of the Special Vehicle Shelby dept. and seems very genuine and knowledgeable. He has a positive reputation from what I gather. You should at least give him the chance to make things right if you think you were wronged. He gave me and my wife a large poster that came out recently showing the 2013 Shelby.

How about deleting or changing the topic title? Based on the 'SterlingGT's recent feedback, it sounds like he may have jumped the gun on this post.

BTW, I purchased my GT500 2years ago from Manny and had a positive experience.

I apologize for venting. I shouldn't have done it in such a malicious way. I felt like I was taken advantage of and figured I'd warn others. I should've waited longer to hear back from him. I didn't read all of the posts, but I didn't have to. Obviously he has been a huge part of the Shelby community and helped a lot of people out. Manny, I sincerely apologize.

SterlingGT,

I am unable to contact you via personal messenger because your message center is turned off. I wanted to ask you a few questions about this thread of yours. It appears that you feel that your thread was done in a "malicious" manner and that you have now apologized to Manny with your post. With that being said, I am going to close this thread. If you need to contact me, please PM me once you turn on your message center.

Archived