TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsefeathers All Ford Car Show

Norton

I'll add "weather permitting". We're smack dab in the middle of Monsoons. So it depends on the forecast. It's not looking good this far out but that can and likely will change between now and Saturday.

I suspect we're all in the same boat. I'll probably be there only if the forecast looks good.

How did you guys do on the way home? I went I25 north and the signs warned of rain and hail so I got off i25 at 119 and went west through Longmont. It started raining just about a mile from home. It was nice soft water to wipe off and only got wet on the top surfaces. 1/2 hour later we are in the middle of a thunderstorm for t that goes from Lyons to east and south of Greeley. It rained buckets maybe 1/2" in 15 mi s and hailed here briefly. South and ast of Greeley in lasalle they had baseball sized hail

We you out of there just in the nick of time

How did you guys do on the way home? I went I25 north and the signs warned of rain and hail so I got off i25 at 119 and went west through Longmont. It started raining just about a mile from home. It was nice soft water to wipe off and only got wet on the top surfaces. 1/2 hour later we are in the middle of a thunderstorm for t that goes from Lyons to east and south of Greeley. It rained buckets maybe 1/2" in 15 mi s and hailed here briefly. South and ast of Greeley in lasalle they had baseball sized hail

We you out of there just in the nick of time

I made it to the Park Meadows Mall with zero precip and holed-up there for a while, waiting for the storms south of Denver to pass over I-25. Heading out from there around 4:30PM, I made it back to Monument on dry roads with nothing more than some sprinkles on the windshield. All-in-all, I considered myself lucky avoid the nastiness I saw on radar while hanging around at Park Meadows...

I agree with your assessment regarding the timing of our departure!

It was great to see Tony & Ken again, and to finally meet Jeff. Congrats to all on the hardware collected which, as I recall, included...

- JeffJ taking third in the 2005-2009 Shelby Class

- twobjshelbys taking second in the All Years-Other Ford Power Class

- hotcar 2013 taking second in the 2010-2013 Shelby Class

- Me taking first in the 2010-2013 Shelby Class

You missed a good show, MOUNT-N-SLOT!

post-38053-0-56874500-1375578631_thumb.jpg

post-38053-0-56874500-1375578631_thumb.jpg

I made it home and pulled it in the garage as a massive wind dust storm followed less than a minute later. I saw it on the horizon and got into the garage as quickly as possible. whew!! A couple hours later while I was at the Adams County fair, the most massive rain/monsoon storm I have ever seen here swooped through with massive rain and wind. Thank goodness no hail as my Roush was out there in the open. I forgot my parking pass at home earlier in the morning which was a good thing, because if I remembered it, my Shelby would have been out in that storm. Perfect timing of the show getting over for sure! Good to meet you also finally Norton!

Archived