TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR SVT Certificate? Who has one

Fellow KR owners, Today I ordered my MSRP window sticker and SVT certificate from Ford. The gentleman on the phone informed me that not all KR's received the SVT certificate. He said it was random and based only on your VIN#. Fortunately for me, my car qualified for this certificate. How many other KR's owners have one? If you do, would you mind posting a picture of it?

These certificates were not random nor were they issued by VIN numbers. These certificates were issued one time only by Ford marketing to any dealership that had unsold KR's sitting on the their lot. It was a marketing tool by Ford to help move the KR's.

Ford has not and will not re-issue these certs. Many have tried and all have been told no.

Steve

orig_shelby_letter_of_authenticity.jpg

Ford has made a lot of KR owner's upset over this. It was a marketing enticement, but that was five years ago. Ford needs to offer these to owners that didn't receive one, but would gladly pay for one now. BTW, I have two KRs both purchased new, but not at the same time. The first one missed having a certificate by just a few weeks. I have tried and failed to get Ford to help us on this.

Ford has made a lot of KR owner's upset over this. It was a marketing enticement, but that was five years ago. Ford needs to offer these to owners that didn't receive one, but would gladly pay for one now. BTW, I have two KRs both purchased new, but not at the same time. The first one missed having a certificate by just a few weeks. I have tried and failed to get Ford to help us on this.

+1 I also tried to get one and was denied. I filled in the form on their website with my VIN and at first,everything seemed fine and it looked like my request would be processed. The next day, I received an email from a guy at Ford stating that my VIN corresponded to a GT500KR and that Ford did not offer certificates for the KR due to the fact that they were completed at SAI. I then asked him who was issuing the certificates that I saw on the internet if Ford didn't, and attached a picture of one to my message. Nothing but silence from the Ford guy after that... Bad PR move from Ford IMHO..

I have one. My car sat on the lot for over a year due to dealer greed. I knew it was there the entire time and looked at the car when it first came in. With "market adjustment" they wanted $100k. Then economy went in the crapper. Still took time for them to get "real".

I guess my certificate is my reward for waiting plus a decent price at $62 k.

Maybe if Ford controlled dealer greed they wouldn't have to print market ploys. Just a thought.

My dealer did sell two of the 5 KRs he got at $100k. The others were sold at under list after the economy tanked. Still had the nerve to say to me he was losing money on my car. I reminded of how well he did on the two and if he took my offer of list when I first saw it he would have made plenty on it.

anyone know what numbers qualify for a cert? Talk about dealer mark ups!I saw my KR in the showroom in Salt Lake City along with a PJ in spring of 2008. Dealer had marked it up to $125,000!!! I called my wife and told her about the beautiful black mustang I was looking at. when she asked the price and I told her, she said find another place to live if I bought it. A year later, in 2009 we were on a date in SLC, and as we drove past the Ferrari dealer, there was the KR sitting on the used car lot outside. Wife said "nice mustang." Didn't know until a year later in 2010 that my neighbor had traded in his maserati on the Kr. It had been in his garage for a year.He told me it was for sale but the price was too high for me at the time. A year later in sep 2012, as i was walking down the street, my neighbor said I should come drive the car and bring a check for ...... when I picked myself up from the ground, I got my wife and we drove it. Gave him a check the next morning and moved it to my garage. It had 1100 miles on the clock. It now has 8000 miles of pure enjoyment. At 72 years young, I decided not to save it for someone else to enjoy. That's my priviledge and i am taking advantage of it every day when the weather is nice. LOVE THIS CAR! And with the TVS upgrade, it is even more loveable.

I don't think your number has anything to do with it. At some point Ford wanted to push the KRs remaining on car lots, which included both 08 and 09. They did the certificate program to try and remove the remaining stock.

I don't think your number has anything to do with it. At some point Ford wanted to push the KRs remaining on car lots, which included both 08 and 09. They did the certificate program to try and remove the remaining stock.

Correct. These certificates were a marketing tool produced by Ford Marketing to move unsold 2008 & 2009 KR's off the showroom floor.

This was a one time deal, meaning that Ford Marketing sent the dealership a certificate in August 2009 for any unsold KR's they had in inventory.

Steve

I have one. My car sat on the lot for over a year due to dealer greed. I knew it was there the entire time and looked at the car when it first came in. With "market adjustment" they wanted $100k. Then economy went in the crapper. Still took time for them to get "real".

I guess my certificate is my reward for waiting plus a decent price at $62 k.

Maybe if Ford controlled dealer greed they wouldn't have to print market ploys. Just a thought.

My dealer did sell two of the 5 KRs he got at $100k. The others were sold at under list after the economy tanked. Still had the nerve to say to me he was losing money on my car. I reminded of how well he did on the two and if he took my offer of list when I first saw it he would have made plenty on it.

I was the one who purchased the Vista Blue KR. I saw the Silver KR and your Red KR on the showroom floor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Similar story with me. Mine set on the showroom floor for over a year. I negotiated with them for 10 months and finally drive in and closed the deal at 60K. It he car came with the certificate too. I'm glad I bought Marilyn, and love it everytime I'm taking her out for a spin!!!

• 9 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but...

I bought my 08 KR in March and it came with the certificate. I was able to track the original owner down and he told me that the car sat on the showroom floor for three years because the dealer refused to sell it. After bugging him about it long enough the dealer finally caved. I guess I can thank the dealership for holding on to it for so long.

AK.

The original owner of mine let the certificate go with the car, but held on to the brake cooling kit. When I spoke with him, he tried to sell me the brake cooling kit that came with the car for an absurd amount of $$$. If he was smart, he would have held on to the certificate because I would have paid just about anything to get it, but the asshat chose the wrong item, one that was easily replaceable to hold for ransom.

Archived