TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to me 2007 Shelby GT

3 tons

Fortunately, just acquired a 2007 Shelby GT Coupe, White California Special (dash gauge set), Gray Leather, Manual Transmission...A 9,255 mile Garage Queen, purchased from an original adult owner! So far I've put a very 'careful' but blissful 300 (< >) miles on her, but for the most part she'll continue to spend her life enjoying 'Queen' status...

post-41641-0-16687100-1374624876_thumb.jpg

post-41641-0-27360200-1374625099_thumb.jpg

post-41641-0-16687100-1374624876_thumb.jpg

post-41641-0-27360200-1374625099_thumb.jpg

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome and for the great forum too...I must admit that I was leaning more in the direction of a Challenger, but when my buddy showed me pics of his (new to him) 2008 GT/CS 'vert (blue stripes over white, hood & side scoops), I couldn't quite get the image out of my mind...This caused me to study up a bit on 'S197' Mustangs (in general - of which I had little knowledge) and then the fatal visit Craigslist! Always been a 'die-hard' Mopar guy, but now a new found appreciation for Shelby....This IS really a drop-dead fine car!!

You're going to love it. The SGT handles like a dream.

I Concur, Both the steering and 'tight' handling is quite literally light years ahead of the best the 60's had to offer...Though nowadays my driving is not nearly as aggressive as when I was a young buck, so just a super retro-machine now - does well just to remind me a those 'good 'ol days'!!

Fortunately, just acquired a 2007 Shelby GT Coupe, White California Special (dash gauge set), Gray Leather, Manual Transmission...A 9,255 mile Garage Queen, purchased from an original adult owner! So far I've put a very 'careful' but blissful 300 (< >) miles on her, but for the most part she'll continue to spend her life enjoying 'Queen' status...

3Ton,

There were 202 "California" SGT's built for the 2007 model year. Most had the charcoal (black) interior so your car is even rarer with the gray interior.

If you haven't already be sure to register your SGT in the factory Shelby American Registry. There is a link to the registry below in my signature line.

Steve

In my opinion, for the "modern recreations", the Mustang is clearly first, the new Challenger a very close second (although I think it more closely resembles a vintage Charger), and the Camaro such a distant third it doesn't even register.

Yep, in fact this is the first V8 I've driven in years (been driving V6 Jeep & Cummins 6.7), and Holy Cow how they have mightily improved! In particular (post research...) it seems that Ford's mills are of a substantially more modern design than brand X. Besides, Ford didn't take D.C.'s bail-out money and that gets a BIG thumbs up too!

I Concur, Both the steering and 'tight' handling is quite literally light years ahead of the best the 60's had to offer...Though nowadays my driving is not nearly as aggressive as when I was a young buck, so just a super retro-machine now - does well just to remind me a those 'good 'ol days'!!

That'll change..... :hysterical: wait until you get a ride in a GT/SC.... then you'll have the itch to upgrade.....

Welcome to the forum and above all have fun!

Beautiful ride! Congrats on the purchase. I'm a Ford guy first but closet Mopar guy. :hysterical2: You're SGT California will not disappoint! Great choice. I'll add a late Challenger SRT8 to my garage someday, but I keep finding Mustangs to add. Steve, do you know how many White, Gray Leather SGTC's there are? I'm guessing that is a very rare beast there.

Beautiful ride! Congrats on the purchase. I'm a Ford guy first but closet Mopar guy. :hysterical2: You're SGT California will not disappoint! Great choice. I'll add a late Challenger SRT8 to my garage someday, but I keep finding Mustangs to add. Steve, do you know how many White, Gray Leather SGTC's there are? I'm guessing that is a very rare beast there.

I'll see if I can extract that from the database.

Steve

I've been following this thread and find this most informative!...Question, of the 52 with grey interior, might it be possible to determine how many had the manual transmission??

Best Regards,

3 tons

• 4 months later...

I've loved the Shelby GTs, ever since I visited Shelby while these cars were being produced. Your car is a great example of what they built.

My question is what is included the "California" package? Were these a regional promotion? I currently own a 2009 Mustang GT/CS

Thanks for the info.

Kevin

I've loved the Shelby GTs, ever since I visited Shelby while these cars were being produced. Your car is a great example of what they built.

My question is what is included the "California" package? Were these a regional promotion? I currently own a 2009 Mustang GT/CS

Thanks for the info.

Kevin

Here ya go!

SHELBYGTNorCalEdition.jpg

SHELBYGTNorCalEdition.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome 3 tons! You will love this forum board! It is different then any other I have ever been on. Genuine, good, helpful people that all

share the same passion! Check back often or you will miss something! Believe me when I say this. Also make sure to join Team Shelby!

Thanks

TNTChris

Archived