TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordered Roush Axlebacks for my 2011 GT500 Convetible

yell03

I had the Roush axlebacks on my 2012 5.0 automatic and I currently have them on my 75 year old father's 2013 5.0 manual tranny.

None of those cars were comvertibles, so I had to account for the increased volume with the top down.

I was torn between the Roush, Pypes Muffler D over theletes, and Borla S-types.

I knew I liked the Roush and I have Muffler deletes on my son's 2005 GT and they sound great, perfect volume, but I know the GT500 without resonators will be much louder and raspy compared to the 4.6.

I also considered the Borla S-types, used of course, but I had them on my 2011 C6 Vette and they were too quiet.

I am hoping I made the right choice....

I want a exhaust that I can hear over the radio when driving normally, the GT500 stock exhaust sounds good, but it is a little too quiet for me.

I will post up pics and a review as soon as I get them on the car.

Thanks VMP Tuning for a great deal and thanks Justin for speaking with me on the phone about Pulley and Tuning options a little down the road.

I have them on my 2011 Vert. They are raspy at higher RPMs and there is a drone when cruising down the highway at low RPMs. But if you want loud, theses will give you that. I still like them.

I have them on my 2011 Vert. They are raspy at higher RPMs and there is a drone when cruising down the highway at low RPMs. But if you want loud, theses will give you that. I still like them.

I drove home 110 miles from the shore today, I can tell there might be a drone in 6th gear just from the stock exhaust tone, but I can deal with it.

The raspiness I won't like, but if it sounds great during regular cruising I'll deal with it at WOT for those rare occasions.

I love the sound of my '11 coupe(especially with the windows down), but it could be a "touch" louder.....I do like the sound of Roush though.

I like the stock sound also, but it just needs to be louder, the Roush exhaust should solve that

I really like the Roush axle back mufflers on my 2012 coupe. At idle and normal around town driving it's more throaty and aggressive. At WOT and in being dumb mode it sounds like the Roush Grand Sports class race cars from the Grand Am series. There may be a slight drone at highway speeds in 6th, but it hasn't been enough to make me really notice it.

-steve

I really like the Roush axle back mufflers on my 2012 coupe. At idle and normal around town driving it's more throaty and aggressive. At WOT and in being dumb mode it sounds like the Roush Grand Sports class race cars from the Grand Am series. There may be a slight drone at highway speeds in 6th, but it hasn't been enough to make me really notice it.

-steve

Steve,

Thanks for the response, it sounds exactly like what I am looking for.

Tuesday I will find out for myself as soon as they are on the car.

I just put the "KR" mufflers on mine from Ford Racing.

M-5230-S.

I really like the sound, no drone on the highway, mine is a Vert as well. :happy feet:

Tomorrow is the big day, hopefully I am as happy with mine as you are with the yours

My initial impressions.....

Start-up - louder than stock

idle - slightly louder than stock

normal driving - louder than stock, but sounds nice

aggressive normal driving, 1/8th-1/4 pedal+ pedal - it gets VERY LOUD and raspy with the top down, with the top and windows up it sounds much better

full throttle - same as aggressive normal, but even more so

With the top down it can be a bit much, but I like it.

Archived