TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody Swap Recaros into a 2010??

revelx2

I was lucky enough to find a set of takeoff Recaros from a 2012 GT500 in the same color as mine. Black with the silver stripes. The price was close enough to right so I pulled the trigger. Install was pretty straightforward. Same connectors, same mounting points, etc. They look and feel great. They completely transform the look of the car. One fairly major issue however. The airbag light is now on and the trouble code states incorrect control module installed. I'm sure we'll probably figure it out eventually but I'd rather do it the lazy way and have one of my Shelby buds bail me out! I guess the module in the seat itself may need to be swapped over? My car is a vert. The seats came out of a coupe. Anybody run into this? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

At least one of the issues you're likely running into is the passenger detection sensor for the airbag - which may require your BCM to be reprogrammed or a jumpered harness.

Can't suggest a solution off-hand but I'm 90% certain of the cause (or that it's at least one of them).

Madlock.

I think you're onto something here. I was being led to believe that the air bag module in the seat was the causal part. I was surprised to find out the 2010 is the exact same part # as 2011 and 2012. So how could it be 'incorrect'? Further along in the shop manual it specifically names the OCMS module ( passenger weight pressure sensor) as a possible causal part. Further research shows a different part # for 2010, 2011 and 2012. The sensor comes as part of the lower seat pad. Fortunately it's pretty reasonably priced. Not sure if I can detach the sensor and put it on the Recaro but I think we're gonna find out. I'm gonna order it tonight. Ain't this shit fun???

All I know is I'd love to just be able to call "the seat guy" at Ford who obviously knows the simple answer.....

It COULD be that crash testing with each seat type calls for a different airbag deployment calibration too - hence the difference in parts, which may be either unique to Recaro-equipped cars or "intelligent" so they're detectable.

Rotsa Ruck

Using the OCS module and wiring harness within the seat from the original seats work!

Just disconnect the hose from the bladder and connect to the bladder in the recaro.

Drivers side, for those with power drivers seat, transfer the powered rail assembly (wiring and all) to the recaro and voila, powered drivers side recaro.

Recaros in 07SGT2875 and no airbag light :rockon:

07SGT5529 will get same treatment (at least until funding is available for true racing seats) :yahoo:

I used my original sensors as well when I added my Recaro's. The airbags themselves as well as their respective connector are the same for all S197 years. Stngfever is right about the bladder in the passenger seat needing attention.

IMG_1322_zpse360a1ea.jpg

Drivers side, for those with power drivers seat, transfer the powered rail assembly (wiring and all) to the recaro and voila, powered drivers side recaro.

All the more reason Ford's decision to make the Recaro's entirely manual in a car like GT500 is purely asinine. The same is true for the lack of reverse sensors or backup camera. On a car that now tops $70K, the only sentiment Ford breeds is resentment for being nickeled and dimed on half-assed solutions to those most willing to pay a premium. Makes me wonder if NEVER attending a single class that ever studied ANY aspect of marketing is a prerequisite for becoming a Ford product planner.

Archived