TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Gt500 tops at A.A.C.A car show

joebob948

It's been a while that I've posted on the site,but I come back with very good news. Today, my Shelby Gt500 scored best in class at a A.A.C.A car show besting over 45 cars to take top honors!!!!!!!! The win was especially gratifying because it bested cars such as a 2013 Camaro Hot Wheels car , a 2012 Nissan GT-R , a few Dodge Challenger SRT8's , a couple of BMW's and unfortunately a few Mustang GT's.

I guess that I have been lucky due to the fact that in 6 shows that I have entered, I have garnered 5 First place awards and a third place plaque. 4 of these have been in A.A.C.A competitive events !!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped entering my Cars in any Show that is put on by the Local AACA Club here, after hearing a couple of the High Ranking Members complain that a Late Model Car Won a Trophy when there were other Older Cars that could have won. They were saying that the Car, a Mustang, was new off the show room floor. Once I figured out which Mustang they were talking about, I had to step in and put my Two Cents worth in. It was a 2004 Mach 1 (this was June 2010). I told them what Year the Mustang was and assured them that I will never Enter any of my Vehicles in their Shows again and I will do my best to get others to follow my lead.

What are the entry rules for a late model car to enter an antique show? Sounds confusing

Our Local AACA lets all Years Enter but it seems that they prefer 1972 and older Cars because a lot of the Members get upset having to give a Trophy to a later model Vehicle.

Wow Sarge,luckily that type of situation doesn't exist here!!!!!!! If that were the case,I,too would boycott their shows !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a Sargent.......the "tesgt350" is a special Car (Approved & Licensed by Carroll Shelby). Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350.

There are some cars that, even if late model, are just real show stoppers.
Definitely I can understand the earlier statement of the Mach 1; the Mach 1 wasn't as fast as the same Year model Cobra, but the Mach 1 sure was a great show car.

Many Mustangs end up being so: Shelbys, Bosses, etc. I wouldn't see where people would have a cow over that. I'd much rather have a cow over trying to win a show based on bragging about the price tag attached to the car. Nothing worse than a sore loser saying the show was rigged if a $100K + car lost on the basis it should win for being expensive.

That's the only problem I would ever think of. Otherwise its all about the presentation. Congrats on the win!

Same problem I had with my '07 Shelby just up until 2010 at an SAAC show. They still did not have a class for 2006-up Shelbys. I spoke with the president of SAAC, he said it was because a shortage of money for the trophies. I didn't believe him but then won first place in the new class a year later. And another '07 GT500 won best of show, haha!

Archived