TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil analysis from first oil change

Hopsgt500

I had my oil analyzed and everything looked normal for a new engine undergoing break in except for some lead which the lab said they don't normally see. The lab stated "It's a little unusual to see lead since the bearings don't typically do a lot of wearing in, but there are exceptions to every rule and this will probably turn out to be one of them"

So I am wondering if anyone else has done an analysis on their 2013/14 and had similar results? This was done at 1700 miles so I am going to have a follow up test done around the 3000 mile mark and see.

I had my oil analyzed and everything looked normal for a new engine undergoing break in except for some lead which the lab said they don't normally see. The lab stated "It's a little unusual to see lead since the bearings don't typically do a lot of wearing in, but there are exceptions to every rule and this will probably turn out to be one of them"

So I am wondering if anyone else has done an analysis on their 2013/14 and had similar results? This was done at 1700 miles so I am going to have a follow up test done around the 3000 mile mark and see.

Unleashedbeast is very good at interpreting oil analyses. Recommend contacting him for assistance. Note that he also maintains lists of analyses submitted to him by other GT500 owners. (As an example, check out http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/787413-official-uoa-thread-oil-poll.html.)

Archived