TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NASA AIX Terlingua Racer

JeffJ

Mike doesn't get a chance to get on here much, so I thought I would start a topic on here of probably the Baddest of all late model Shelby Racers out there right now. If you haven't seen this car lately, it has turned into quite a monster. This car started out just a few years ago as probably one of the highest optioned Terlingua Mustangs out there. Mike then got the racing bug with his Terlingua. This car has gone through many different race preparations over the past few years. From a pretty mean little Terlingua street prepped racer, to the wide body monster it is today. It has gone through a few supercharged 4.0 race prepped v6 engines to a mighty Roush Yates prepped cup V8. It now has multiple NASA AIX track records to it's credit. Here's a few pics from beginning to now.

MSTerlingua13_zps0c9067d7.jpg

MSTerlingua12_zpsf8e3044c.jpg

MSTerlingua1_zpse4328271.jpg

First race conversion to NASA racer, well, not the first, it went through quite a few changes to get here:

MSTerlingua3_zpsc0455801.jpg

MSTerlingua2_zpsb5168bd8.jpg

MSTerlingua4_zps17ffae1a.jpg

Now full widebody AIX racer.

MSTerlingua8_zps0aa4c2da.jpg

MSTerlingua5_zpsc755fe55.jpg

MSTerlingua7_zpsaf7a73bb.jpg

MSTerlingua9_zps33c7eecf.jpg

MSTerlingua10_zpse2742867.jpg

Mike's Terlingua is definitely the most BAD A$$ Shelby Race car that I've seen - this thing hauls BIG TIME !!!! I have not seen it since the wide body kit got put on it -SWEET . I used to run the "one-to-one" number back in the nineties on my 66 ! Trying to remember who it was for Ford that had that number back in the sixties for NASCAR . Thanks for sharing the photos of Mike's car Jeff ( you should see videos of this car - unbelievably F-A-S-T !! ) Love this car - just love it . ENJOY Mike !! :superhero:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived