TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New member from Texas

71stpsde

Just bought a 2009 GT500 today. It's Torch red with white stripes. It only had 15,200 miles. I'm so excited to finally have the king of Mustangs. This is my third mustang. Looking forward to getting out and ripping up the roads.

Mike

post-41565-0-38288700-1373774906_thumb.jpg

post-41565-0-38288700-1373774906_thumb.jpg

I'm located in San Antonio. I really love this car. I'm going through the forum and seeing what to do and not to do. I'm trying to figure out what to do first. I need to tint the windows. It's to damn hot here in South Texas. I'm leaning towards lowering springs or maybe upgraded shifter. I'm not worried about performace at the moment. 500 hp is enough for now.

Mike

I'm located in San Antonio. I really love this car. I'm going through the forum and seeing what to do and not to do. I'm trying to figure out what to do first. I need to tint the windows. It's to damn hot here in South Texas. I'm leaning towards lowering springs or maybe upgraded shifter. I'm not worried about performace at the moment. 500 hp is enough for now.

Mike

Glad to have you here. Checkout the San Antonio Shelby Club.

http://www.sanantonioshelbyclub.com/

Congratulation on the new ride, it is an awesome car. You'll need to get under the car to see if the rear suspension has been improved to handle the TQ. If it all looks factory you will need some parts to keep the tires planted when launching hard. I would recommend you contact VMP Tuning for consultation and parts to achieve your goals.

Looking forward to your future postings and pics.

I'm pretty sure it's stock, but I'll check. I know I want to lower it and gets some parts to get the rearend to stick. I don't like the stock wheels. So I plan on getting the 2010 wheels. The tires still have alot of rubber, but I'll be getting some new rubber in the future. I'll be checking out the forum for guidance when it's time to get parts. I don't like buying something twice.

Get a Barton short throw shifter it's compatible if you get tunnel loops for the drive shaft, shelby was having a sell on eibach springs, get bmr adjustable lower and upper control arms. I can tell you my car had very rough wheel hop, then I got frpp springs and coils then it stopped, then I got bmr suspension and its planted. A few people sell their svt pp wheels on here and I think I even saw a set in Texas, wait for sales bc they happen once a year or buy parts used, if you're drag racing talk to vmp, if you're going for all of it talk to van @ revan racing. I trust him the most. Hopefully the guy you bought your car from had the newer clutch installed under the warranty or else you're in for a grind

Welcome aboard Mike

Great info super hiss, I also live in this part of the State. I'm between San Antonio and Austin (canyon lake) and will for sure look to join the local Shelby club.

Kevin

Thanks for the info super hiss. I plan on upgrading the suspension and shifter first. I'll keep an eye on newer takeoff wheels on the web. I'm leaning towards something lighter. Those GT500 wheels are pretty heavy.

I plan on attending The Texas Mile in October and hope to talk to Van. Hope to talk to him before that. I'm sure he'll busy right before the event.

I hope to meet up with some other local members and pick there brain. I plan on joining SASC in the future.

Thanks Mike

he can probably help you install things right there on the spot at that event, i.e. heat exchangers for the hot texas sun or some of those parts youre lookin for here shortly... send him an email and let him know your plans and he'll help out

Van and many other names in the business will be at the Texas Mile, and, if I may, I suggest you spend a little time feeling out your Shelby, getting comfortable with its characteristics, and then see what you begin to find fault with the car. All good upgrades mentioned here for sure, but we are all on a budget of some kind. Im your regional director, and if I can be of any help, please let me know! Im also local to you, a member of our local San Antonio chapter, and live near Canyon Lake like ICOOLUM.

One thing though, Van is coming down in October, talked to him today, but we will be running at least 6 Shelby's at the event, so I wouldn't expect too much extra time for installs on site. However, we all are in the same pit spot, so it is truly a great place to meet some of the biggest names in performance, and get invaluable advice. At the very least make friends with great folks, and have someone to go to when you need help.

Van and many other names in the business will be at the Texas Mile, and, if I may, I suggest you spend a little time feeling out your Shelby, getting comfortable with its characteristics, and then see what you begin to find fault with the car. All good upgrades mentioned here for sure, but we are all on a budget of some kind. Im your regional director, and if I can be of any help, please let me know! Im also local to you, a member of our local San Antonio chapter, and live near Canyon Lake like ICOOLUM.

One thing though, Van is coming down in October, talked to him today, but we will be running at least 6 Shelby's at the event, so I wouldn't expect too much extra time for installs on site. However, we all are in the same pit spot, so it is truly a great place to meet some of the biggest names in performance, and get invaluable advice. At the very least make friends with great folks, and have someone to go to when you need help.

I figured Van would be very busy. It would just be nice to check out some high horsepower GT500's at the event. I went in March and it was a blast. I'll be there in October again.

I have the white RV, 36 ft Damon Outlaw down there every trip. Make sure you come by and say hi! There should be a 2014 Blue and red stripe gt500 there too, unless something has gone horribly wrong! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Archived