TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BMW Z3 TURNS DOWN A BATTLE AGAINST MY GLH-S :)

GLHS610

Took out the charger the other day, pulled up next to a nice German auto and feeling risky, I asked him if he wanted to run it. The guy looked at my car and laughed until I told him that 60k German junk will get a good run for its money. Then his buddy laughed and the driver sticks his head out and sees the car had Shelby written all over it and said "nice car" :) I said I wanna go after that it looks tasty, lol the guy said "no thanks" haha. Not sure if I would of smoked him but I sure wanted to try.

Yesterday a WRX came up behind the SGT/SC and was tail gating me until he passed me then he turned off a mile down the road. I could tell he wanted to race and I knew without a doubt I could have smoked him but I had my entire family in the car and it was a busy road with lots of driveways along it. I bet it made him feel really good that he passed a Shelby.

I have learned that the only way I am racing anybody is at the track on the road course. I have too much to lose in life now and things go wrong really quick.

I really have never raced, mainly because I don't have enough horsepower to consider it, but also the fact that it only takes one mistake to end in a lot of pain.

However, I have no problem letting the engine loose once in a while. And especially once when someone I knew asked about my Lincoln. He said, "I didn't know you had that, an old big clunky 80's Lincoln."

I had no second thoughts about rolling my window down, calling his name quickly, and screeching the tires as I left. It was for education purposes. :hysterical:

Archived