TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another New Guy with Questions

Hello to All!

I have a few quick questions/concerns and was hoping to get some feedback:

1. Does anyone ever get to see the car they have ordered go through the final portion of the build process? I picked up an F-150 from the end of the assembly line in Norfolk 7 years ago. It was the best vehicle purchase experience I have ever had.

2. Having never owned anything even remotely close to the power of this vehicle. I'm considering doing an advanced driving skills course. I live on the east coast and was wondering if anyone might have had a great experience with driver training in the eastern US? VIR or Road Atlanta maybe?

3. I know this sounds petty but what is the realistic mileage I can expect the car to have on it when it's handed over to me? (I bought an M3 years ago that had about 8 miles on it by the time I picked it up. I always had visions of the car being wrung out. This will be my 3rd new car purchase and its still pretty exciting to me fwiw.)

4. I'm planning on keeping the window sticker but are there other documents that I should be collecting along the way? The dealer suggested some folks keep all the protective materials the vehicle is shipped with...too much?

5. Any other advice or suggestions for a new Mustang owner?

Thanks in advance!

The car, by the way, is set up as follows:

Sterling Grey with Black stripes

SVT Performance Package

Electronics Package

Illuminated Door Sills

Alarm System

1. No, they don't do that.

2. Cant see your region, but im guessing you are in NC or SC. Shelby events happen all the time, and a good weekend event on a track will be both economical, and make you 10x the driver you are in your new gt500. Instructors are usually free of charge and very helpful at our events.

3. My car had 13.1 miles, and a notice that it had been inspected by SVT for quality control. Some may have a few less, some Ive seen with 30 range.

4. Get whatever you can. Every little thing you can. Tell them NOT to slap their dealer sticker or badge on your trunklid. Also, don't let them install a front plate holder. Dealerships are shameless like that.

5. Go over the whole car for cracks in your light housings, paint damage or missing items like floor mats or your manuals. Follow SVT recommendations for break in as prescribed by your manual, and don't let yourself get tempted to power out of your comfort zone. Make sure you aren't drag racing or hitting track before you get 1000 miles on it.

That's it, have fun and welcome!

1. No, they don't do that.

2. Cant see your region, but im guessing you are in NC or SC. Shelby events happen all the time, and a good weekend event on a track will be both economical, and make you 10x the driver you are in your new gt500. Instructors are usually free of charge and very helpful at our events.

3. My car had 13.1 miles, and a notice that it had been inspected by SVT for quality control. Some may have a few less, some Ive seen with 30 range.

4. Get whatever you can. Every little thing you can. Tell them NOT to slap their dealer sticker or badge on your trunklid. Also, don't let them install a front plate holder. Dealerships are shameless like that.

5. Go over the whole car for cracks in your light housings, paint damage or missing items like floor mats or your manuals. Follow SVT recommendations for break in as prescribed by your manual, and don't let yourself get tempted to power out of your comfort zone. Make sure you aren't drag racing or hitting track before you get 1000 miles on it.

That's it, have fun and welcome!

Thanks for your time. My plan is to start with a one day driving course at Academi in Moyock, NC. I would prefer something specific to my car but the prioity is to get instruction.

I will plan on doing a methodical pre-acceptance inspection of the vehicle. I have no doubt it's easy to look without seeing, so slow is fast.

I have enjoyed reading the threads associated with the GT500 and look forward to learning as much as I can!

Cheers

Archived