TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NASA ST3 car

svttim

OK, here is my GT500 style racer I'm running in NASA. Its a Mustang that started life as a Body In White (BIW) with a factory FR500S cage. It is powered by a 3 valve 4.6 engine that has been bored and stroked to a 5L. It makes 400 RWHP. Car was built by Rehagen Racing in Michigan. Ill post more pictures and specs for those who are interested a bit later

RA13.jpg

Is the left front of the chin spoiler have a bend in it, or is that just happening at speed? I don't think that I knew your car started as a replacement FR500S BIW from Ford. We know there were 75 FR500S serial numbered cars done, do you know how many extra BIW they had for replacements? That would be interesting to know. I know that I saw at least three replacement tubs in my time as a Mustang Challenge tech guy.

Jeff, I have no clue how many replacements were made. The car is quite a bit lighter than challenge cars. In fact, I will have to add weight this year. Im not sure how the splitter got bent. Ill probably try to heat it up and bend it back. Not like I have a big aero budget :). Ill try to get some more pics. Thanks Cougster

I have several sources for peel offs and stickers. You can go to Hooziers website and keep looking for close outs or, you can call Rehagen for peel offs. We can also keep everyone here informed of tire deals as well

• 2 weeks later...

What's that Lassie ? come on tell me girl Timmy fell down the well over at the old Miller farm and his camera was in his pocket so he can't post pics ! We gotta get him some help - WE need to save him Lassie - go back to town and bring back a young-en that knows how to post pics of his Lil Red Wagon onto the forum . Go Lassie GO !

:dogwalk: Sometimes I just crack myself up ! :hysterical2:

• 4 weeks later...

I have several sources for peel offs and stickers. You can go to Hooziers website and keep looking for close outs or, you can call Rehagen for peel offs. We can also keep everyone here informed of tire deals as well

I use peel offs from Rehagen Racing. They are great guys to work/deal with. Very reasonable also.

• 1 month later...

OK, Front brakes are back on the car with FTB replacement rings

photo42_zpsec400ae6.jpg

I also received a Boss LS Splitter that I will be adapting to the GT500 Front end. I have the brackets on already and will post more pictures soon. Oh, No longer in ST3 although Im not sure of classing yet

Archived