TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby center stack gauge pod?

Hey guys i have a shelby center gauge cluster and i was wondering if where i could purchase the different films to change the color of the gauges? I have the Autometer carbon Boost, Fuel, and oil pressure gauge. I can't find a way to change the color. I know they sell them somewhere. Thanks Teamshelby!

Hey guys i have a shelby center gauge cluster and i was wondering if where i could purchase the different films to change the color of the gauges? I have the Autometer carbon Boost, Fuel, and oil pressure gauge. I can't find a way to change the color. I know they sell them somewhere. Thanks Teamshelby!

Do yours have the Carroll Shelby signature on the faces?

If yes, you might want to think about changing them. They are only available from Shelby, and are a restricted item. You can get CF faced gauges from Auto-meter that don't have the sig if you want to color the lenses.

Just something to note......

Phill

AutoMeter sells two products for changing the gauge illumination color. ONE is a series of "rubber tube socks" that fit over the bulbs (they are not very good), the other is a pack of colored LEDs, which work well.

I wanted Blue, and the "socks" looked dim and aqua, the LEDs are the way to go: http://www.summitracing.com/search?keyword=autometer%20led&dds=1

Jer

Do yours have the Carroll Shelby signature on the faces?

If yes, you might want to think about changing them. They are only available from Shelby, and are a restricted item. You can get CF faced gauges from Auto-meter that don't have the sig if you want to color the lenses.

Just something to note......

Phill

Yes they have the shelby signature on them... What do you mean by a restricted item?

Great job with the light bulbs Jer, I think the led bulbs will be better than the regular bulbs with their shadows.

Karamastang I think you'll find that the pod is attached with four hook and loop fasteners, commonly referred to as Velcro.

They should have used four of them and that's how it is secured to the dash. If you remove the pod slowly you should be able to reattach it in the same place with no issues.

Once removed you should be able to see each gauge and the bulb for it.

BTW, guys, just to clarify,

1. The gauges are NOT a Restricted item, we sell single gauges from our pods to anyone that needs them.

2. The lenses on these gauges are NOT removable. Trying to remove the bezels will destroy them. Ask me how I know.

Jer

BTW, guys, just to clarify,

1. The gauges are NOT a Restricted item, we sell single gauges from our pods to anyone that needs them.

Including the gauges with the CS signature on them?

If so, that's changed. You couldn't get the CS Sig CF gauges unless you owned a Super Snake or any other model that SA 'upfitted' to included the CS Sig CF faced gauges.

I know you can get them *without* the CS signature on them, in carbon fiber and have been able to all along.

This was a hot topic a couple of years back and there were people making big money off of a set of CS signed gauges (which I really wanted).

Phill

Is it possible to change the light colors with the pillar pod gauges?

Yup. Same procedure (but the LED size may be different, check with Auto-Meter or Summit).

Jer

Including the gauges with the CS signature on them?

If so, that's changed. You couldn't get the CS Sig CF gauges unless you owned a Super Snake or any other model that SA 'upfitted' to included the CS Sig CF faced gauges.

I know you can get them *without* the CS signature on them, in carbon fiber and have been able to all along.

This was a hot topic a couple of years back and there were people making big money off of a set of CS signed gauges (which I really wanted).

Phill

my 2013 GT350 did NOT come with the CS signature gauges but my 2008 GT/SC did

my 2013 GT350 did NOT come with the CS signature gauges but my 2008 GT/SC did

Right.

The CS sig gauges were included with the earlier cars but the later ones get a different size gauge and no signature. Both are carbon fiber (appearing) faces.

I don't remember the difference in size but I THINK the earlier (signature type) were slightly larger than the later ones. The early ones came in the center pod, later ones come in the A-pillar pod.

I'm still waiting to find out if the Carroll Shelby signed Carbon Fiber gauges are included in Jer's "non restricted" category now.

Phill

Right.

The CS sig gauges were included with the earlier cars but the later ones get a different size gauge and no signature. Both are carbon fiber (appearing) faces.

I don't remember the difference in size but I THINK the earlier (signature type) were slightly larger than the later ones. The early ones came in the center pod, later ones come in the A-pillar pod.

I'm still waiting to find out if the Carroll Shelby signed Carbon Fiber gauges are included in Jer's "non restricted" category now.

Phill

Phill,

The "Dash Pod" for older cars uses the larger signed gauges.

The "A-Pillar Pod" in the newer cars (2010+) uses smaller, unsigned gauges.

Both types are available for sale, non-restricted (see Post #9 above). They have never been restricted during MY time here.

Jer

Jer wrote:

> Phill,

> The "Dash Pod" for older cars uses the larger signed gauges.

> The "A-Pillar Pod" in the newer cars (2010+) uses smaller, unsigned gauges.

Yeah, that's my understanding too. I just wasn't absolutely positive that it was the smaller/later and larger/earlier and didn't want to state it as fact being unsure.

> Both types are available for sale, non-restricted (see Post #9 above). They have never been restricted during MY time here.

Which is why I said, (Re: CS sig CF gauges are available to the GP)

QUOTE;

"If so, that's changed. You couldn't get the CS Sig CF gauges unless you owned a Super Snake or any other model that SA 'upfitted' to included the CS Sig CF faced gauges."

AND

"This was a hot topic a couple of years back and there were people making big money off of a set of CS signed gauges (which I really wanted)."

END QUOTE:

How does one go about buying them now? They weren't listed on the SPP site last time I looked.

I wasn't considering the gauge pod AND gauges, just the gauges by themselves (the pod won't work on 2010+). I also seem to remember that you could only get them as a set (pod & gauges) and the gauge pod seems to disappear and reappear quite often (rarely available). If I remember correctly (like I said, it was a couple of years ago), the Boss dash gauge pod was for the smaller gauges so I nixed the thought of finding a set of CS signed gauges.

It's history...

Thanks in advance,

Phill

Phill,

Both types are available for sale, non-restricted (see Post #9 above). They have never been restricted during MY time here.

Jer

would rather still have a center pod like the earlier models compared to a-pillar

Also, how about a new Auto Meter Shelby logo gauges? Never a fan of the Carbon Fiber look gauges as not that easy to see due to the dark background and I got perfect vision. The sunlight and for that matter light at night is not the same around the country whether you are at sea level, higher altitudes, or that nasty sunlight in the desert states so no one tell me to get glasses. The outline of Shelby's face with the Cowboy hat would make a great logo on the gauges or just use CS with White background and Blue light

Phill,

Jer

Hey Jer,

(I can't use my PM because I haven't renewed my TS membership yet so I have to contact you here);

Do you have *all* sizes of the Shelby/G-force helmets in the store?

How about the racing jackets?

I may be through there on Friday the 19th (typically about 10-ish) and I want to try each on, then buy each but I have to renew my TS membership so I can get the discount and I'm not sure if I can do that IRL or just by e-mail/phone.

I checked my helmets (Fox & Harley-Davidson) and they are both XL so I'm assuming I'll need a XL.

Not real sure of the jacket size though. I wear a L tee but sometimes a XL if they run small. I don't like tight jackets so that makes me more unsure of needing a L or XL.

Are all size jackets in the store, for a guy to try on?

OH: Almost hit SEND too soon. Are you guys still on Speedway or did you move/start to move?

We stay in Mesquite for our first night stop and it's about a hour away, maybe just a tad longer so it all depends on what time I get my lazy/tired ass up and showered.

TIA,

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I installed these angle rings on the center gauges to make them more readable from the driver's seat:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Auto+Meter/105/3244/10002/-1

I purchased these in brushed aluminum from Jegs, but only see black rings now.

Does this kit eliminate the horrible spacing that is between the face and the glass? You can see huge gaps and it allows light through the sides of the face. It drives me nuts everytime I look at my gauges.

PHIL I have been on TeamShelby since 2008 and I HAVE NEVER heard of these with the signature being restricted to a Supersnake or any other Shelby. I think you have your wires crossed on that subject....LOL

Archived