TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THE NEXT HERTZ MUSTANG

07SGT

Do you know if this is this happening because SA declined to produce a new one or did Hertz not inquire of SA? Thanks.

Jim

Hertz has been making the rounds. Shelby was the first, Roush was next and now this one. Saleen may not be able to sign on because they built one for Budget a while back.

Only one Rent A Racer :) "follows in the footsteps of the 2006 Shelby GT-H and 1966 Shelby GT350H specials" That said, nice car.

+2

Not a fan! Didn't care for the yellow and it seemed lopsided (missing something like maybe another strip ;) The USA article was trying to Hype the car by associating it with Shelby. Greatness by association ????? I wonder about it's future value, It's not a Shelby or "Rent a Racer" imho

Frank Do you ever get any grief from the cops about that plate? Is it fake or real?

It's genuine. I had the application for a year before ordering a personalized plate. I had long, long lists of candidates, and finally settled on three choices to fill in the three rows of blocks on the form. After putting them in, inspiration struck, and I wrote "FLICK/U" in the space above the boxes. I wasn't sure they'd accept out-of-place letters, and really didn't think there was any chance of getting the top choice. Couple months later, LO, and BEHOLD! There it was in the US Mail, not-so-plain brown wrapper. What joy.

I've never got any static from LEOs, but the occasional stiffneck throws a big frown my way.

I've had it on several cars since I got it in 1972 or so, and a long list of stories about how it affects some folks.

While it was on my Chevy Vega track car a fellow sought me out in the Riverside Raceway garage area to tell me he came up behind at the entrance to Turn Six and at that moment he realized what it said and "... I almost fell off the track!"

While it was on that car, my brother-in-law borrowed the car for a couple of days. He was a Deputy Sheriff, and while driving on the freeway in his uniform, shoulder patch displayed through the window, a California Highway Patrol officer followed him for a bit, then pulled alongside and gave him the finger before blasting off into the distance.

It was on my BRG Lotus Elan S2 for quite a while. One of my coworkers said he was at a convention upstate, and was having a conversation in a bar. A woman overheard him say he was from San Diego, and approached the group to say, "San Diego, huh? I was in San Diego. They do things different there. I was passed on the freeway by a little green car with the license plate 'FUCK U'. No, it's true!" My friend told her he knew the owner of the plate, and it really said "FLICK U"; she seemed quite relieved.

Entering the US from Mexico the officials always put your license plate in the computer to see if there is any good reason to do a secondary check. Years of no particular reaction were finally capped by the guy who said, "Flick U", huh. Same school I went to".

I've got a million of them, but mostly I just get grins, thumbs-ups, and "Love your license plate".

It's genuine. I had the application for a year before ordering a personalized plate. I had long, long lists of candidates, and finally settled on three choices to fill in the three rows of blocks on the form. After putting them in, inspiration struck, and I wrote "FLICK/U" in the space above the boxes. I wasn't sure they'd accept out-of-place letters, and really didn't think there was any chance of getting the top choice. Couple months later, LO, and BEHOLD! There it was in the US Mail, not-so-plain brown wrapper. What joy.

I've never got any static from LEOs, but the occasional stiffneck throws a big frown my way.

I've had it on several cars since I got it in 1972 or so, and a long list of stories about how it affects some folks.

While it was on my Chevy Vega track car a fellow sought me out in the Riverside Raceway garage area to tell me he came up behind at the entrance to Turn Six and at that moment he realized what it said and "... I almost fell off the track!"

While it was on that car, my brother-in-law borrowed the car for a couple of days. He was a Deputy Sheriff, and while driving on the freeway in his uniform, shoulder patch displayed through the window, a California Highway Patrol officer followed him for a bit, then pulled alongside and gave him the finger before blasting off into the distance.

It was on my BRG Lotus Elan S2 for quite a while. One of my coworkers said he was at a convention upstate, and was having a conversation in a bar. A woman overheard him say he was from San Diego, and approached the group to say, "San Diego, huh? I was in San Diego. They do things different there. I was passed on the freeway by a little green car with the license plate 'FUCK U'. No, it's true!" My friend told her he knew the owner of the plate, and it really said "FLICK U"; she seemed quite relieved.

Entering the US from Mexico the officials always put your license plate in the computer to see if there is any good reason to do a secondary check. Years of no particular reaction were finally capped by the guy who said, "Flick U", huh. Same school I went to".

I've got a million of them, but mostly I just get grins, thumbs-ups, and "Love your license plate".

Great plate ... and story!!

In any case, there's very nice Ford Mustang GT under all those Terlingua-reference stickers.

8675713269_18d461af9d_c.jpg

Don't you worry about your car getting keyed in a parking lot ? By a Chevy or Mopar fan !

Don't you worry about your car getting keyed in a parking lot ? By a Chevy or Mopar fan !

Before this, no. Are you tempted?

Guess I'll have to activate the perimeter vaporizer ray, after all.

Great plate ... and story!!

+1 on the great story. It's funny because you can definately see what it says (FLICK) and also tell what you where trying to achieve with the look. That would never fly here in Virginia, you would have way too many people sending in complaints. I can't beleive how long you've had it though, that just makes the story even better. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Archived