TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"I Got That Itch"

topgun

It's that time once again, I have that itch to buy again. See scenarios below and please advise.

Scenario #1 trade in my 2003 50th vette under 35k miles for a ZL1 camaro and have a ZL1 and shelby GT500 in my garage.

Scenario #2 sell my 50th vette and trade in my 09 GT500 for a 14 shelby GT500 fully loaded.

Scenaro #3 trade my shelby for a camaro ZL1 convertible. I don't like this scenario to much but its on the table.

Scenario #4 keep my vette and shelby and enjoy the best of both worlds,

I'm looking at a black on black ZL1 convertible price is $64,470 hard top price $56,050 leaning more toward hard top.

Also 2014 GT500 with electronics package, recardo's, svt package., $64,450.

Scenario #6: Keep your Vette and 09 Shelby and go buy a motorcycle.... just got off my Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 this afternoon and had a blast. I love that bike! Bonus: You'll have tons of money left over to mod your 09 car.

had a chance to look over the C7 vette for 4 days. It's okay I like what they did to the interior and the rear window everything else sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought about the motorcycle idea but I have chronic bursitis in both hips, don't know how well that would work out.

Being happy with what I currently have sounds good but I have that itch, a buddy of mine told me to plant some flowers and get over it.

had a chance to look over the C7 vette for 4 days. It's okay I like what they did to the interior and the rear window everything else sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought about the motorcycle idea but I have chronic bursitis in both hips, don't know how well that would work out.

Being happy with what I currently have sounds good but I have that itch, a buddy of mine told me to plant some flowers and get over it.

40 years old and can't ride a bike? I am 66 and just got HD #6. Take some Motrin and go for it.

Check out the Dorsoduro. I've ridden basically every type of bike out there from pure race machines to sport touring. Thought I would try a super/hyper moto for a change and this has quickly become my most favorite bike I've ever owned. You sit upright as if you were riding a mountain bike, but this thing handles like no other two wheeled machine I've ever been on. Only has 93 HP. The torque in sport mode is unreal for that little HP and the bike flicks so well in the corners. Every time I ride it I come home with a stupid grin on my face. The upright seated position will not cause pain like a cruiser, sport tour or sport bike will. Aprilia makes a 1200 as well, but that thing is bonkers with 130 HP which is crazy for a super/hyper moto. The 750 is more than enough for spirited riding. Ducati makes a nice bike too with the Hypermotard 1100S, but it has the same HP as the Dorso 750 and is heavier/maintenance is more of an issue.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2013models/2013-Aprilia-Dorsoduro-750ABS.htm

Check out the Dorsoduro. I've ridden basically every type of bike out there from pure race machines to sport touring. Thought I would try a super/hyper moto for a change and this has quickly become my most favorite bike I've ever owned. You sit upright as if you were riding a mountain bike, but this thing handles like no other two wheeled machine I've ever been on. Only has 93 HP. The torque in sport mode is unreal for that little HP and the bike flicks so well in the corners. Every time I ride it I come home with a stupid grin on my face. The upright seated position will not cause pain like a cruiser, sport tour or sport bike will. Aprilia makes a 1200 as well, but that thing is bonkers with 130 HP which is crazy for a super/hyper moto. The 750 is more than enough for spirited riding. Ducati makes a nice bike too with the Hypermotard 1100S, but it has the same HP as the Dorso 750 and is heavier/maintenance is more of an issue.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2013models/2013-Aprilia-Dorsoduro-750ABS.htm

When I was selling Jap bikes in VA, a young man came in and asked me if we sold Aprilia bikes. I said no but told him we sold Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki bikes. He said, no he wanted an Aprilia. I asked him if he had ever ridden any other kind of motorcycle. He said no, just an Aprilia once. I told him that his experience was like making love to a woman for the first time. You think it could not get any better. I told him that was simply not the case. Try some other bikes.

I would have chosen option 10 a long time ago if funds allowed it. Still hard to find one for less than $200,000.

When I was selling Jap bikes in VA, a young man came in and asked me if we sold Aprilia bikes. I said no but told him we sold Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki bikes. He said, no he wanted an Aprilia. I asked him if he had ever ridden any other kind of motorcycle. He said no, just an Aprilia once. I told him that his experience was like making love to a woman for the first time. You think it could not get any better. I told him that was simply not the case. Try some other bikes.

Check out my pics and you'll see me thrashing my old track bike which was a Honda CBR1000RR at Carolina Motorsports Park. I agree there are lots of great motorcycles out there.... And I've ridden most of them. Just suggesting a super moto due to TOPGUN'S comment about bad hips. Seated position would be comfy compared to other bikes.

Check out my pics and you'll see me thrashing my old track bike which was a Honda CBR1000RR at Carolina Motorsports Park. I agree there are lots of great motorcycles out there.... And I've ridden most of them. Just suggesting a super moto due to TOPGUN'S comment about bad hips. Seated position would be comfy compared to other bikes.

Nothing wrong with Aprilia bikes. Your post just brought back memories of my days selling Jap bikes. I agree there are a lot of great bikes out there and I have ridden just about everything. Got my first bike in 1966 (New Honda 305 Scrambler). I converted to HD bikes in 1990 and have never looked back. Also sold them in VA as well. The best bike for TOPGUN if he can't overcome the hip pain issue (I control arthritis pain with 800 - 1200 mgs of Motrin a day) is an HD Tri-Glide. Expensive but easy on the hips, knees and everything else.

#2!!!! Nothing like a 662HP stock Shelby... Of course assume quite a bit of bias toward GT 500 on this forum. A fully loaded Z06 would be awesome too!!! ZR1? Hell yea but twice the $$$$....

My buddy sold his fully loaded z06, and passed on buying a ZR1 and purchased a 2013 convertible ZL1 all because when we cruised around town my shelby got more attention than did his z06. This muscle car rebirth is taking over the world.

ok THIS IS SO SIMPLE.

Time to move that 03 vette. It is two generations old now and you should get what you can now.

Leno said never sell a Shelby so keep the 09 and get the zl1. I have a 08 Gt500 and the zl1 is scary fast

• 2 weeks later...

#2. I just can't get to liking the interior of the Camero and since I have to look at it every time it's driven, it just looks like they cut costs on the inside plus rear visibility is pretty poor.

Go with your heart it's all about what you like...I do have a question though..did you ever drive an 09-13 ZR1 ?...nothing will give you a kick in the pants like that thing will right out of the box the power to weight

ratio is crazy and you sure can feel it when you jump on the go peddle believe me..I had a modded 07 GT500 and drove in a ZR1 and that did it for me...JMO though like I said it's your choice!! good luck with

whatever you go with..... :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Update, dealer offered me 30k for my shelby with 71k miles. Purchase price for a black ZL1 53k. The dealer asked me was the carol shelby signature authentic on the dash plaque . I told him yes and he took note of it. Does anyone think our cars will hold more value and become more desirable in the future because of carol Shelby's signature?

Uh, so you are gonna dump your only Shelby for another Chevy?

Im beginning to think you are on the wrong forum. The one you are looking for is further down the highway. Somewhere around "the danger zone".

If "Carol" Shelby signed your car, I think it actually hurts the value.... If you buy a Roush, I have a friend named Jack Roach who can sign it for ya! Yet another option. LOL

Uh, so you are gonna dump your only Shelby for another Chevy?

Im beginning to think you are on the wrong forum. The one you are looking for is further down the highway. Somewhere around "the danger zone".

If "Carol" Shelby signed your car, I think it actually hurts the value.... If you buy a Roush, I have a friend named Jack Roach who can sign it for ya! Yet another option. LOL

I love the Stage 3 Aluminator roush but I don't think I want to spend upwards of 70k. I looked at a convertible last weekend and it was priced to start at 70k. Its fun to be a car guy these days lol, OOO and Jack Roush will be here in TN next month.

Archived