TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner...Wow!

hkynd19

So after 2 weeks of ownership I am finally able to post about my new '14 White/Blue stripe loaded minus glass roof. First and foremost, a shout-out to Jeff at HyperStangs and Rich Ford for making the purchase pain free and enjoyable. I originally talked to Jeff after he contacted me on this forum offering his assistance in purchasing my dream car. As I am ultra impatient, I wanted to see if there was a car on the lots instead of ordering and Jeff immediately informed me that a deal had fallen through on this beauty and I jumped on it. Living in SoCal, I was hesitant to purchase a car from New Mexico but Jeff walked me through each step of the buying process and scheduled to have the car shipped out to CA. Impatience once again got the best of me so my wife and I flew out to New Mexico on June 22, where we finally picked up our new toy. Jeff had the car ready to go and offered some great advice while we were there. It was GREAT to purchase from an owner/enthusiast!! Thanks Jeff! They have some beautiful machines sitting on the showroom floor, including a GT350 and Shelby Focus, and Jeff also informed us that he has some Raptors getting the "treatment" down at SA right now. If you, or anyone you know is in the market for a Shelby, look Jeff up on this forum. He will take care of you!

As there are a lot of great reviews by people far more knowledgeable than me, I will just say that this car is absolutely INCREDIBLE! The 900 mile drive home from the dealership was amazing. As some of you have already noted, the clutch takes some getting used to.....wife hates it! (probably better for me cuz she is less likely to drive it haha). Other than that, really love everything about this car....plan to stay stock (promise I made to my wife), but as you all know, the itch for more will come pretty quick....we'll see.

I spent 9 months researching this and other forums before making the purchase so thank you all for great posts and insight!

Photos to follow...

hkynd19,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new GT500. Jeff is a great salesman and enthusiast. He help me in my successful search for a SBY Boss 302 LS at less than MSRP.

Here is Grabber's post about how to post pictures here on Team Shelby. You'll find a few things have changed at Photobucket, but you'll figure those out (hint: once your picture is loaded, click it on. You'll notice a "Links to share photo" box on the right. Click the image code and then paste it to your post on Team Shelby.

Good luck...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/9559-how-to-host-your-photos-with-photobucket/

Thanks guys for the help and the welcomes! Fastest color combo indeed.... Hardest part right now is not thinking about it when I'm not driving it. Quick question about detailing: I want to make sure I am protecting the car's finish before I start more consistent driving. I am thinking about trying Liquid Glass and am looking into the 303 Aerospace Protectant for the stripes based on recommendations from the forums. You guys have any suggestions?

Here are some of the crappy phone pictures we snapped on the trip back home. Looking forward to getting some better ones this weekend. Happy 4th!

th_IMG_0337_zps1be177b8.jpg

th_IMG_0417_zps44a9c6cb.jpg

th_IMG_0416_zpsdb969557.jpg

th_IMG_0346_zpsb5be419c.jpg

th_IMG_0344_zpse79ce61e.jpg

th_IMG_0420_zps2bab0423.jpg

Thanks guys for the help and the welcomes! Fastest color combo indeed.... Hardest part right now is not thinking about it when I'm not driving it. Quick question about detailing: I want to make sure I am protecting the car's finish before I start more consistent driving. I am thinking about trying Liquid Glass and am looking into the 303 Aerospace Protectant for the stripes based on recommendations from the forums. You guys have any suggestions?

Here are some of the crappy phone pictures we snapped on the trip back home. Looking forward to getting some better ones this weekend. Happy 4th!

th_IMG_0337_zps1be177b8.jpg

th_IMG_0417_zps44a9c6cb.jpg

th_IMG_0416_zpsdb969557.jpg

th_IMG_0346_zpsb5be419c.jpg

th_IMG_0344_zpse79ce61e.jpg

th_IMG_0420_zps2bab0423.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase. Great color choice. You'll love every bit of it. :happy feet:

So after 2 weeks of ownership I am finally able to post about my new '14 White/Blue stripe loaded minus glass roof. First and foremost, a shout-out to Jeff at HyperStangs and Rich Ford for making the purchase pain free and enjoyable. I originally talked to Jeff after he contacted me on this forum offering his assistance in purchasing my dream car. As I am ultra impatient, I wanted to see if there was a car on the lots instead of ordering and Jeff immediately informed me that a deal had fallen through on this beauty and I jumped on it. Living in SoCal, I was hesitant to purchase a car from New Mexico but Jeff walked me through each step of the buying process and scheduled to have the car shipped out to CA. Impatience once again got the best of me so my wife and I flew out to New Mexico on June 22, where we finally picked up our new toy. Jeff had the car ready to go and offered some great advice while we were there. It was GREAT to purchase from an owner/enthusiast!! Thanks Jeff! They have some beautiful machines sitting on the showroom floor, including a GT350 and Shelby Focus, and Jeff also informed us that he has some Raptors getting the "treatment" down at SA right now. If you, or anyone you know is in the market for a Shelby, look Jeff up on this forum. He will take care of you!

As there are a lot of great reviews by people far more knowledgeable than me, I will just say that this car is absolutely INCREDIBLE! The 900 mile drive home from the dealership was amazing. As some of you have already noted, the clutch takes some getting used to.....wife hates it! (probably better for me cuz she is less likely to drive it haha). Other than that, really love everything about this car....plan to stay stock (promise I made to my wife), but as you all know, the itch for more will come pretty quick....we'll see.

I spent 9 months researching this and other forums before making the purchase so thank you all for great posts and insight!

Photos to follow...

Congratulations!

Jer

I've got the same car / color - stripes / options and after 1,400 miles and a track day, it's the best all around car ever. You'll enjoy it for sure!

IMHO, As for the paint / stripes, I started with Meguire's Carnuba Liquid, using orbital buffer w/ micro fiber to remove the wax, on both paint & stripes. Does an excellent job. Also recommended by 3M for gloss vinyl stripes.

Thanks guys! Love this car...can't get enough of it. Not a DD but I can't help but want to drive it all the time! Mount and Grober, you guys have good taste in cars haha. I haven't seen a single '13-'14 GT500 in the area, let alone another white/blue combo...I was starting to think I was the only one. Mount, thanks for the tip on the detailing, been trying and weighing different options so I appreciate it!

Photos to follow...

Thanks for the kind words. Im taking wagers on how long you'll last before the first mods.... just sayin'. Car looks great but I was beginning to wonder if you got home or just kept driving.... LOL. Enjoy it in good health and keep in touch!!

Thanks for the kind words. Im taking wagers on how long you'll last before the first mods.... just sayin'. Car looks great but I was beginning to wonder if you got home or just kept driving.... LOL. Enjoy it in good health and keep in touch!!

You're the man. Can't say enough about the buying experience and the treatment my wife and I received when we arrived in NM (including the pick up at the airport). Definitely considered "getting lost" while my wife was asleep in the passenger seat just so I could keep driving. And you are definitely right...won't be long before the "itch" for mods hits hard. Gonna have to butter up the wife for a while to grease the skids lol. And will definitely keep in touch... we are pretty intrigued by the Shelby Raptors...

Yorba, thanks. This car is amazing! Love your color combo as well...was really leaning toward to the white/black until I saw the white/blue in person and made the switch. Ultimately, I love so many of the color combos I see on here. I'm down in San Diego. My wife and I took a trip up the coast recently and have yet to see a 13/14 Shelby...seen two GT500's total in this area. Any up your way?

Yorba, thanks. This car is amazing! Love your color combo as well...was really leaning toward to the white/black until I saw the white/blue in person and made the switch. Ultimately, I love so many of the color combos I see on here. I'm down in San Diego. My wife and I took a trip up the coast recently and have yet to see a 13/14 Shelby...seen two GT500's total in this area. Any up your way?

Thanks for the comp on my car. I have only seen 3, not including mine in the area. I often wonder where they all are. I know there has to more out there in So Cal. I am usually the only 13 to show up at car shows in the orange county area, so who knows where they are hiding.

Congrats on the new Shelby. White/Blue stripes is definitly a beautiful combo and just looks right on any Shelby. I also went with white but ordered black stripes due to the fact blue stripes triggered the blue stripes on the seats, which I didn't care for. I'll never understand why Ford wouldn't allow an all black int regardless of stripe color... I love the black cars with red or white stripes too but red or white striped interior, no thanks.

Thanks for the comp on my car. I have only seen 3, not including mine in the area. I often wonder where they all are. I know there has to more out there in So Cal. I am usually the only 13 to show up at car shows in the orange county area, so who knows where they are hiding.

Yea hoping to see them come out of the woodwork for the summer. Any car shows coming up in your area that you plan on attending?

Congrats on the new Shelby. White/Blue stripes is definitly a beautiful combo and just looks right on any Shelby. I also went with white but ordered black stripes due to the fact blue stripes triggered the blue stripes on the seats, which I didn't care for. I'll never understand why Ford wouldn't allow an all black int regardless of stripe color... I love the black cars with red or white stripes too but red or white striped interior, no thanks.

Thank you! I really could not pass up this combo for a Shelby. And its funny you mention the seats because it truly is "to each their own"... I used to only like the black/black interior until I saw the blue accents and fell in love...totally unexpected. And I am right there with you on why Ford doesn't give the option, no clue! BTW, as mentioned earlier, I LOVE the white/black stripe combo. Do you have your car yet?

Still waiting on mine... They got the vin last Friday as predicted but said it would be this Friday before a projected build date would be known. He said to expect late August delivery. I haven't driven my black 12 in nearly two months so I guess I'll live but sure anxious anyway.

Yea hoping to see them come out of the woodwork for the summer. Any car shows coming up in your area that you plan on attending?

Thank you! I really could not pass up this combo for a Shelby. And its funny you mention the seats because it truly is "to each their own"... I used to only like the black/black interior until I saw the blue accents and fell in love...totally unexpected. And I am right there with you on why Ford doesn't give the option, no clue! BTW, as mentioned earlier, I LOVE the white/black stripe combo. Do you have your car yet?

Next Show that I might attend is the surf city garage on Aug 25th. You can look it up online at www.ocmustangclub.org or go to

www.socalcarculture.com. they may have a link also.

Still waiting on mine... They got the vin last Friday as predicted but said it would be this Friday before a projected build date would be known. He said to expect late August delivery. I haven't driven my black 12 in nearly two months so I guess I'll live but sure anxious anyway.

Well congrats on getting your vin! Hope all goes well with the build and, as you know, the wait will be WORTH IT.

Next Show that I might attend is the surf city garage on Aug 25th. You can look it up online at www.ocmustangclub.org or go to

www.socalcarculture.com. they may have a link also.

Sweet. Thanks for the info!

Archived