TEAM SHELBY FORUM

process explination

rzide

After search for what seems like an eternity, I finally found the right dealer and ordered a 2014 convertible. I received the vin about three days after and the current status is in order processing (been a couple weeks). Just wondering what this means and what stages I have left.

Thanks for any info.

Gentlemen, dealers have no way of knowing exactly when your car will arrive. ETA dates on our system change daily, by as much as a month one way or the other.... any dealer that tells you different is just blowing smoke. Im as connected as any, and probably more so than most and I'll be the first one to tell my buyers not to rely on information from Ford. Until we unload it off the truck all information is soft at best. I try to be conservative in my guess and then when it comes in early I can be the hero.

Just spoke to svt with the morning update and they gave me an "end" date of august 27. The lady I spoke with explained this is when it should be coming off the assembly line. This is the only new news as the car is still in order processing.

I called a different number I read about on another form and actually got a build date of august 12!!! The number was 1-800-367-3788 (press #1 when you get the recording) the gentleman I spoke to was able to give me the build date as apposed to the other number I had been calling. For those still waiting it might be worth a shot.

I called a different number I read about on another form and actually got a build date of august 12!!! The number was 1-800-367-3788 (press #1 when you get the recording) the gentleman I spoke to was able to give me the build date as apposed to the other number I had been calling. For those still it might be worth a shot.

you should see your car about 1 month after your build date if all goes normally.

I called a different number I read about on another form and actually got a build date of august 12!!! The number was 1-800-367-3788 (press #1 when you get the recording) the gentleman I spoke to was able to give me the build date as apposed to the other number I had been calling. For those still waiting it might be worth a shot.

That's not a build date. That's a build week. Build date is assigned the week before the build week.

From a seller standpoint- padding a conservative eta is probably smart. That said, as enthusiasts, we want to know day by day updates, heck, minute by minute would be awesome! You might be the hero for your customers on delivery day, but that's irrelevant and counter productive to the essence of this thread. No offense- but the point here is to find out how to get MORE information, not how to trick us into being happy customers...

:hilarious:

From a seller standpoint- padding a conservative eta is probably smart. That said, as enthusiasts, we want to know day by day updates, heck, minute by minute would be awesome! You might be the hero for your customers on delivery day, but that's irrelevant and counter productive to the essence of this thread. No offense- but the point here is to find out how to get MORE information, not how to trick us into being happy customers...

:hilarious:

More info would be great I agree, but I think my point was that the information we receive is so unreliable it becomes counterproductive. Im not TRYING to be the hero, I would just rather not get anyone's hopes up and let them down. I watched my car from order to arrival and the ETA changed almost daily, sometimes as much as several weeks. If I had counted on any of the available information in the first few weeks I would have been heartbroken when it arrived nearly a month late. As a rule, don't put your driving shoes on until it rolls off the truck.

Archived